Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fridgechef

International Champions Cup

Like Cnut, I sit in the sea of brands telling the waves lapping at my feet to fúck off.

The entire notion of building markets abroad is bullshit for one simple reason - football clubs are for local fans. If you weren't born here or your parents weren't born here then you picked the club for some nebulous reason...and that's not how football works. But before the caterwauling begins, I know I'm an anachronism and I'm sure your personal choice to support the team following a great stag do in 1996 is valid. But.

Like my desire to see the Big 4 collapse, the Sky TV deal to evaporate and the Prem to once more become the 1st Division - brand building pre-season competitions can suck my micropenis.

Of course I'll watch it on an illegal stream. I'll watch it because I love the club and I'm a massive hypocrite about almost everything I have an opinion on. But, one final time, anybody using the word "brand" in connection with the team needs to take their marketing department bullshit and shove it somewhere painful.

Brand? Fúck off.

Like Cnut, I sit in the sea of brands telling the waves lapping at my feet to fúck off.

The entire notion of building markets abroad is bullshit for one simple reason - football clubs are for local fans. If you weren't born here or your parents weren't born here then you picked the club for some nebulous reason...and that's not how football works. But before the caterwauling begins, I know I'm an anachronism and I'm sure your personal choice to support the team following a great stag do in 1996 is valid. But.

Like my desire to see the Big 4 collapse, the Sky TV deal to evaporate and the Prem to once more become the 1st Division - brand building pre-season competitions can suck my micropenis.

Of course I'll watch it on an illegal stream. I'll watch it because I love the club and I'm a massive hypocrite about almost everything I have an opinion on. But, one final time, anybody using the word "brand" in connection with the team needs to take their marketing department bullshit and shove it somewhere painful.

Brand? Fúck off.

Brand = king power

LCFC is the vehicle for delivering the awareness of that

we aren't ever going to be a bigger football club 'brand' than the big boys as they have a head start but we don't need to be in order to compete with them.

Chill :)

Brand = king power

LCFC is the vehicle for delivering the awareness 

Exactly. King Power are reason we're where we are, now they want a bit of pay back, that's fair.

I guess this rules out any prestige home friendly then. ;)

My only concern is Sunderland went on a similar venture last year travelling all over the place to play and look at the flying start they made to the season.

I understand why the club will seize the opportunity but I think I'd be happier if they were putting the hours in down the training ground.

I guess this rules out any prestige home friendly then. ;)

My only concern is Sunderland went on a similar venture last year travelling all over the place to play and look at the flying start they made to the season.

I understand why the club will seize the opportunity but I think I'd be happier if they were putting the hours in down the training ground.

I'm concerned about this too, but I suppose all the preseason traveling didn't bother Barcelona, Bayern, and PSG much this season...

I don't care about us increasing exposure to the 'brand'. I don't really care about the revenue. And I certainly don't care about it being an opportunity for foreign-based fans to see us in the flesh. All welcome and all that, but if you choose to support a club so far a way (or are from here and move away) then the fact that you can't see games live is just tough shit, I'm afraid.

I don't care about us increasing exposure to the 'brand'. I don't really care about the revenue. And I certainly don't care about it being an opportunity for foreign-based fans to see us in the flesh. All welcome and all that, but if you choose to support a club so far a way (or are from here and move away) then the fact that you can't see games live is just tough shit, I'm afraid.

Er.. Rough nite was it?? Chill out, there's more important things in the world to get wound up about

If I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time Leicester City have toured the USA (and who knows, it could be the last time for a while), so how does this summer change anything?

If I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time Leicester City have toured the USA (and who knows, it could be the last time for a while), so how does this summer change anything?

Nah did it in the 90s.Florida i think.I remember the Americans were shocked that Ian Marshall was a player.They all the he was a coach in his 50s!!

Judging by the time Celtic will be Melbourne Aus or China

The time zones don't appear to mean anything; they have a match in Columbus, OH on SST...

Judging from match locations, it's entirely possible Barca could be East Coast of the US.

The time zones don't appear to mean anything; they have a match in Columbus, OH on SST...

Judging from match locations, it's entirely possible Barca could be East Coast of the US.

Apologies didn't realise this was the North America Leg ;)

They toured here in the late-90s if I recall correctly. I think it was after the '97 Worthington Cup because my relatives out there come stateside on holiday around the same time, but I know it was before I made my first trip over to Filbert St in '99.

Archived