Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

VICTORY PARADE: Leicester Is #HavingAParty!

just got in great day, great atmosphere

trains were a bit of a joke though too many people getting on at Narborough but better coming back but like sardines both ways did not have to get a ticket though.

Only bad point of the day was the knob who lobbed the bottle of piss/beer into the crowd at split an old woman's head open 10 feet in front of me.

10-15 minutes

A can of beer hit my missus's head, luckily it never hurt her, we both got spattered though.

Great day. Drove back from Cornwall and i'm well glad I did.

Such a good atmosphere and the feel good vibe around the City I hope stays for a long time.

Plus I had a curry at Paddys which was fvcking amazing!!

Because only fans inside the county borders were there today?

Posters on here have said they've come from far and wide, even Australia and unless you live on the moon you can't get much further than that.

Top day, topped off with 4 songs by kasabian but the Saturday Everton game day beat it for me.

Pretty sure I never said that only people from Leicester turned out, simply saying what the council was saying, that 240k is 3/4 of the city, which is phenomenal, considering many would have had work and people like myself who don't live in the city and couldn't make it.

What an awesome, awesome day. The overhead shots of us all on Vicky Park were incredible. It was a squeeze at times but totally worth it.

What topped it off for me was seeing the players mouthing "wow" when they got on the stage and saw the mass of people in front of them.

I do hope the reception we gave N'Golo will make him want to stay. He'll never be loved elsewhere as much as he is here.

Pretty sure I never said that only people from Leicester turned out, simply saying what the council was saying, that 240k is 3/4 of the city, which is phenomenal, considering many would have had work and people like myself who don't live in the city and couldn't make it.

Not having a pop fella, just saying they came from far and wide :)

Guest bennytwohats

Worthy of the holiday and train up from London. So proud to be from Leicester right now

What an absolutely incredible afternoon. Brilliantly organised. Just perfect. Credit to MistaJam as well... It ain't easy getting up there and getting a crowd revved up in the middle of the day but he was quality!

Guest LCFC_World

Not a bad day, but if I'm honest the championship one was better. Seemed like you was part of it more. Also, a guy came cramming past me and saying "let me by I have a front row ticket" lol

Oh and Shaky was on the 2nd bus at the back, shouted his name he looked at me gave him a fist pump and he happily returned the favour, legend.

He did the same with me

lol and me! Shouted, "Shakey!" and he gave us a fist in the air.

For those moaning about the additional buses... why? I would suggest that every single person on the 4 buses contributed far more to the success of LCFC or LCWFC than any single poster on here.

What a day!

Well done to whoever organised that, the club whoever. Thanks so much. That was unbelievable.

I just returned from holiday at 3pm today where I wore my LEICESTER shirt on a few occasions and I got the old "glory supporter" "never seen that club before two weeks ago" from other English around our resort. I've seen some shit in my time. Today it won't get better. You cannot replicate this. If we go on to dominate English football for the next 20 years (I'm not saying we will or even might but just IF) then this is the one we will all remember most fondly.

It's so good to be a city fan

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

The buzz and vibe around the city after the chelsea/Spurs game, the Everton game and tonight has been special, just a carnival atmosphere....Brilliant!

Just a quick question, anyone wish they had played a bit of rocking all over the world or simply the best when we lifted the trophy? It always sticks in my mind from our cup wins in the 90's

The buzz and vibe around the city after the chelsea/Spurs game, the Everton game and tonight has been special, just a carnival atmosphere....Brilliant!

Just a quick question, anyone wish they had played a bit of rocking all over the world or simply the best when we lifted the trophy? It always sticks in my mind from our cup wins in the 90's

No.

And I wished they didn't play We Are The Champions either.

Seriously, there's no better victory music been composed in over 40 years?

Made mates with Shinji, inhaled some weed, jumped around a bit, so all in all a decent evening.

Way too much weed being smoked in the park with so many little kids about. I don't know how people can enjoy smoking that shit.

Archived