Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

VICTORY PARADE: Leicester Is #HavingAParty!

Incredible day, really well planned and outstanding turnout. Those bastard horns though!

Me and the missus were worried all day about having to walk most of the way home to Birstall... Walked to St Margaret's bus station, got on a bus in 2 minutes and were back in Birstall 15 minutes after lol

This has potential to get a bigger fan base. We've been more successful than Sunderland in the last 70 years and they get over 40k crowd so if they can do so can we.

Too right. We have had bags of quality this season, scored some sublime goals, both team and individually, and played some thrilling football. In the first dozen games of the season virtually every game was a belter. Yes we've worked hard and players have played above their natural ability but this is no fairytale, this is the most consistent team in the league winning the thing. Like any other year.

Yep. I'm sure West Brom and Stoke have great team spirit and togetherness but they are mid table. They make us sound like we have no natural ability and tactical nous, all we do is work hard and run around, and the overused "team spirit". I'm so bored with it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Leicester is a diverse city, 50/50 white to non-White. If as many non-White people came down the football as white people, we would need a 60,000 seater!

Some clubs naturally have more diverse crowds than others. Arsenal's fan base is massively diverse but Chelsea's is not. I don't know why.

We've got potential to be a big club and get at least 45k.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Leicester is a diverse city, 50/50 white to non-White. If as many non-White people came down the football as white people, we would need a 60,000 seater!

Have a word pal, non-white.

Have a word pal, non-white.

Have a word? Should I say, white/black/Asian/Eastern European?

I've just watched the news and they mentioned Leicester was the first city to be a non-white majority... So I'm the one in the wrong?

First of all, I wasn't stating it to be a bad thing, just that more white people go down the football than non-white? A fact, may I add.

Incredible day, really well planned and outstanding turnout. Those bastard horns though!

Me and the missus were worried all day about having to walk most of the way home to Birstall... Walked to St Margaret's bus station, got on a bus in 2 minutes and were back in Birstall 15 minutes after lol

Same here. Piece of piss. Me and the missus did leave work early but still expected it to be pretty mad, John Lewis car park was practically empty. Easy to get out too.

I'm the same. Really not bothered at all. Never going to top the scenes before and after the Everton game.

Sounds like everybody has had a good time though.

Definitely with you on that. I was out with work so I couldn't make the parade but I'm not overly fussed as it really won't top the atmosphere at the ground after the Everton game.

As you said, I hope everyone who went had a great time!

just got in great day, great atmosphere

trains were a bit of a joke though too many people getting on at Narborough but better coming back but like sardines both ways did not have to get a ticket though.

Only bad point of the day was the knob who lobbed the bottle of piss/beer into the crowd at split an old woman's head open 10 feet in front of me.

How long were kasabian on for?

10-15 minutes

just got in great day, great atmosphere

trains were a bit of a joke though too many people getting on at Narborough but better coming back but like sardines both ways did not have to get a ticket though.

Only bad point of the day was the knob who lobbed the bottle of piss/beer into the crowd at split an old woman's head open 10 feet in front of me.

10-15 minutes

What is it with piss and concerts?you lot all got weird fettish going on?

Weirdos.

Council reckon 240k were out today, that's 3/4 of the city's population.

Because only fans inside the county borders were there today?

Posters on here have said they've come from far and wide, even Australia and unless you live on the moon you can't get much further than that.

Top day, topped off with 4 songs by kasabian but the Saturday Everton game day beat it for me.

Archived