Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

VICTORY PARADE: Leicester Is #HavingAParty!

Anyone else sick and bored of hearing people unable to talk about Leicester City without using tiresome buzzwords like "fairytale" and "team spirit" and other overused shit. I can't listen to journalists and pundits talk about Leicester without hearing 5000/1 and Vardy non league.

I don't think I can watch anymore docs and listen to any more podcasts or read any more pieces on Leicester because they've reduced us to a Sunday League team who got lucky with pub players. Hard work and team spirit alone doesn't win you a Premier League title for ****s sake.

Indeed. But it fits a narrative that non-sport journalists with little in the way of background knowledge can understand and sell to their readers/audience.

Don't worry though - if we continue to pose a threat to the established sides next year then the love-in won't continue for long.

Any other sths didn't go ? tbh I've not gone to any of the parades having been at the ground to see trophy lift watching the footages on BBC I kinda regretted it.

Me, way to tired after work, still, enjoyed watching them lift it at the stadium so not overly bothered.

Guest CityFan 06

You can see what football meant to the City of Leicester. 100-240k estimated people turned out today.

Struggled myself but pleased everyone had a nice time to celebrate. I know like myself there were fans in there from the days of League one. Shows loyalty is always worthy.

Me, way to tired after work, still, enjoyed watching them lift it at the stadium so not overly bothered.

I'm the same. Really not bothered at all. Never going to top the scenes before and after the Everton game.

Sounds like everybody has had a good time though.

Any other sths didn't go ? tbh I've not gone to any of the parades having been at the ground to see trophy lift watching the footages on BBC I kinda regretted it.

Yep. Couldn't make it as I live and work too far away to have made it today and it was impossible to get out of work today at all with such short notice of the actual confirmed date. The BBC News coverage was very good though.

I do feel that we would've had an even bigger turnout if it wasn't a weekday but understand why it had to be that. Absolutely buzzing to see Kasabian at Filbert Way now though. The city needs to milk this for as long as possible!

You can see what football meant to the City of Leicester. 100-240k estimated people turned out today.

Struggled myself but pleased everyone had a nice time to celebrate. I know like myself there were fans in there from the days of League one. Shows loyalty is always worthy.

What kind of estimate is that? You'd they'd be able to estimate down to within at least 50k  :blink:

I'm the same. Really not bothered at all. Never going to top the scenes before and after the Everton game.

Sounds like everybody has had a good time though.

After 2 weeks on it I feel a bit partied out ....

Absolutely no need for the additional two coaches what contained a bunch of hanger on's - they contributed absolutely naff all to our success but were treated to being applauded by everyone.

I'd suggest if they contributed nothing they wouldn't be the bus.

Anyone else sick and bored of hearing people unable to talk about Leicester City without using tiresome buzzwords like "fairytale" and "team spirit" and other overused shit. I can't listen to journalists and pundits talk about Leicester without hearing 5000/1 and Vardy non league.

I don't think I can watch anymore docs and listen to any more podcasts or read any more pieces on Leicester because they've reduced us to a Sunday League team who got lucky with pub players. Hard work and team spirit alone doesn't win you a Premier League title for ****s sake.

Too right. We have had bags of quality this season, scored some sublime goals, both team and individually, and played some thrilling football. In the first dozen games of the season virtually every game was a belter. Yes we've worked hard and players have played above their natural ability but this is no fairytale, this is the most consistent team in the league winning the thing. Like any other year.

Archived