Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Vardy

new contract will come in at the end of his old one. his old one expired this week i believe? his new contract terms will have a higher release clause...hence why the mercury are saying its very time specific. 

That's not how contracts work. You think when Mahrez signed a new contract last summer any pay rise wouldn't come into effect for a couple of years because he still had a couple of years on his old one? And Vardy wouldn't have been out of contract this summer anyway...

new contract will come in at the end of his old one. his old one expired this week i believe? his new contract terms will have a higher release clause...hence why the mercury are saying its very time specific.

Are things like common knowledge? or has someone leaked it to force a move?

Unsurprisingly, our players want improved contracts.This kind of story will help Vardy get more out of LCFC, if that is what he wants.

We always new this kind of stuff would happen this summer, a roller coaster ride good and proper. No point in panicking too much tho, it is a function of how successful we have been.

Twitter and talksport - so as close to nonsense as is possible.

Not a Wenger signing - he's a striker for starters, he's over 29 and he's not an arsenal sort of player. Going to turn out like the Kante to Man City where Man City weren't even interested.

Agree with you. Nothing story made up out of nowhere & nothing; classic "throw the bait & see who bites - it might catch on" media tactics. Sadly the national broadcasters pick it up & run with it, a la R5L tonight.

Unfortunate, but while JV is on England duty he's not around to sign an improved contract, or comment on this, therefore rumours will abound! We just need to get used to it. Even if the release clause has been met, the player still needs to want to leave. Can't see it personally. (And hopefully!)

The owners have pretty much kept every promise they have made to us. We have no need to sell anybody but if any player wants to go they need to be moved on. We achieved more than anybody could have dreamed of without throwing big bucks into new players so just think who Walshy can find when he has the carrot of CL football to attract players.

Probably his agent again, let's face it. He's off to represent England and the transfer window is the time for fun and games. Can't think of a team less suited to Vardy, they don't play many fast long passes. It'll be more contract pressure I expect. He's clearly going to rinse it for all he's worth. But the pis side is, he's not going anywhere. Relax.

That's not how contracts work. You think when Mahrez signed a new contract last summer any pay rise wouldn't come into effect for a couple of years because he still had a couple of years on his old one? And Vardy wouldn't have been out of contract this summer anyway...

they will increase the pay but the clauses will stick until rollover date. 

Hypothetically, what more can he get from the move? Possibly a chance of being in the top four more often? But whose to say we haven't got as much chance as them?

At the end of the day, he stays here, he becomes a legend at this club. If he moves to Arsenal, he'll lose any chance of that because they won't remember him years down the line. If he does move, I'll remember him for what he achieved here but will probably hate him for the fact he went for status symbol only. I'm pretty sure we'll match wages.

I just can't see it really and I hope I'm right!

Hypothetically, what more can he get from the move? Possibly a chance of being in the top four more often? But whose to say we haven't got as much chance as them?

At the end of the day, he stays here, he becomes a legend at this club. If he moves to Arsenal, he'll lose any chance of that because they won't remember him years down the line. If he does move, I'll remember him for what he achieved here but will probably hate him for the fact he went for status symbol only. I'm pretty sure we'll match wages.

I just can't see it really and I hope I'm right!

He's already a legend here.. he can go to Arsenal and become a legend there too.

Archived