Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Vardy

Where has this come from?

Walked in to the back end of a discussion about it on 5Live earlier - has this even been suggested anywhere, or are R5 just spinning their own rumours?

Twitter and talksport - so as close to nonsense as is possible.

Not a Wenger signing - he's a striker for starters, he's over 29 and he's not an arsenal sort of player. Going to turn out like the Kante to Man City where Man City weren't even interested.

I just don't understand this, I'm hoping its not true, Shane Long £25m, Vardy £20-22m astonishing, I really hope he doesn't go

Despite what the papers say I don't realistically see any club paying 25m for shane long, it was probably what southampton asked for because they didn't want to sell. 

Lets not all get ahead of ourselves. If he goes he goes. The club will bring in players to try and fill his boots IF he ends up going. Lets be honest who can begrudge him a move to a huge club. 

He played a huge role in getting us where we are today so he owes us nothing.

Lets look forward to potential signings and not get caught up about whose leaving.

Look at Southampton, they've had a huge exodus over the last few season but they're arguably a better side than two years ago.

If he goes good luck to the lad but for the time being he's a Leicester player.

All I can see is Arsenal want to talk to us about signing Vardy, If there is a buy out clause and if they have met it they have no need to talk to us but talk to the player direct

Exactly but FoxesTalk loves a good meltdown.

As far as I've seen it's just a throw away comment by Ian wright; just voicing he could be just what they need

file:///storage/emulated/0/Download/Arsenal-Ian-Wright-Arsene-Wenger-sign-Jamie-Vardy-Leicester-transfers-rumours-gossip.htm

Thats it its official. I think everyones favourite player at the club is gone. Hes had his fair share of stick but redeemed himself at times. Today is a sad day his blistering pace will be missed.

Goodbye paul konchesky, king of the back pass. :P

Why would we have put in a 20 million release clause when he only signed a new contract in February?!?

new contract will come in at the end of his old one. his old one expired this week i believe? his new contract terms will have a higher release clause...hence why the mercury are saying its very time specific. 

Ian Wright absolutely loves vardy which is understandable.

I guess this is what success brings you. Any one no what this 'release clause' is? As if it's 20/25+ plus then it would make me think twice.

according to "sky sources" its £22 million

All I can see is Arsenal want to talk to us about signing Vardy, If there is a buy out clause and if they have met it they have no need to talk to us but talk to the player direct

Like I said before, with arsene's stock being as low as it is, you really think he would go out on a limb and allow this to become public knowledge unless he had assurances from vardy's agent that it would. would be a massive public snub for wenger and arsenal if they couldn't sign Vardy for a knock down fee.

Now whether the club can convince Jamie that he should stay here is quite another thing. But if one player appears to hold the club to ransom over his salary package then it will be open season for all the others. I am concerned. It's not just about vards. Could be a 'house of cards' scenario. if one goes, the others will consider the whole 'band of brothers' thing finished.

Archived