Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Vardy

Would you leave? Think about it will he play every game? Surly you'd want to play in the champions league with Leicester and keep this dream going I know I would. He's setting up his academy he's living the dream.

If this release clause is true then Steve Rudkin should be shot. I mean surely it should have been to any top 4 club if LCFC DON'T qualify for the champions league. Same with all the other release clauses? Why bother having them?

The release clause doesn't mean they can sign him for that amount,

it just means that they can make a request to talk to the player.

The club can easily say *He's not for sale*

Pretty sure that's not how it works, if you trigger a release clause you automatically have that bid accepted by the selling club.

The release clause doesn't mean they can sign him for that amount,

it just means that they can make a request to talk to the player.

The club can easily say *He's not for sale*

No.

It means we can't reject the bit if its at that level. If it's true - it's down to Vardy now.

Absolute joke if we've put release clauses in for kante and vardy! So angry right now, this is going to be a long summer

If there is a release clause in a players contract, it is because the player/players agent has insisted on it.   

Don't know what to believe.

On the one hand, the journo who broke it is relatively respectable and has covered Leicester a lot so might have genuine contacts.

On the other hand his average tweet gets literally about 3 retweets, whereas this one has 2.5k and counting, so maybe that's his incentive for making something up. Also, the last 'shout' he made was Pearson to Villa, which didn't happen.

Hope he doesn't go because that would be the end of an era, and quite unexpected too, because as others have said out of the big three, Vardy looked least likely to leave, and I can't see any decent footballing reason why he would want to join arsenal.

Hopefully it's just his agent being an arsehole.

If he leaves I will boo him and lose all respect for the man. I'm a LCFC fan and feel after signing a new contract in Feb as well as offering champs league football for him to leave would be a stab in the back. He will earn more in sponsorship here than at another team.

The reason I would boo him - reports suggest "Vardys representatives" have contacted other clubs? That is out of order in my eyes and surely thats not even allowed before they have bid through the club?

Would you leave? Think about it will he play every game? Surly you'd want to play in the champions league with Leicester and keep this dream going I know I would. He's setting up his academy he's living the dream.

of course you would...you're a Leicester fan......Vardy is NOT.  lets keep it real

If he leaves I will boo him and lose all respect for the man. I'm a LCFC fan and feel after signing a new contract in Feb as well as offering champs league football for him to leave would be a stab in the back. He will earn more in sponsorship here than at another team.

The reason I would boo him - reports suggest "Vardys representatives" have contacted other clubs? That is out of order in my eyes and surely thats not even allowed before they have bid through the club?

boo him.???   Grow up man

He literally does have the chance to become a legend here - his name sung by thousands for the next 3/4 years because he'd be a hero. Go to Arsenal and he'll just end up another over-paid, under-played cripple on the medical table every five minutes. Playing for a club with no atmosphere, idiots for fans and idiots for team-mates. 

The transfer window was created to cut out this sort of BS..

How can a club, out of season, while a player is at a top international tournament.

be allowed to make an approach..!!! ???

MIND YOU.. Vardy already said why should he move from a PL champions, and a CL

Season in front of him, has stamped a no interest on it..

Is the French fa with Wenger behind it, even Hodgson who wants to create a reason to

drop him, or other shinannigans in play..!!!

Whether Vardy or a.n.other such approaches during major tournaments should be banned,

plus media stillstand.

It would be horrible PR for him and his movie if he were to bolt for the top 4 big money clubs. Would pretty much kill his movie.

depends what the agent agrees to. honestly its that much bullshit.

Doesn't at all. When you sign any new contract, the terms of the new contract become effective immediately. The agents not going to go "Yes we'll sign that contract for more money, but we'd like to keep these terms from the old contract as well" I imagine the club would tell them to do one. You don't draw up a contract to still half the old one still active.

of course you would...you're a Leicester fan......Vardy is NOT. lets keep it real

boo him.??? Grow up man

But we gave him his big break and not only that out up with him when coming Work hungover not many clubs would put up with that, we gave him time and nurtured hi into the player is today, if anything he owes us just as much!

He literally does have the chance to become a legend here - his name sung by thousands for the next 3/4 years because he'd be a hero. Go to Arsenal and he'll just end up another over-paid, under-played cripple on the medical table every five minutes. Playing for a club with no atmosphere, idiots for fans and idiots for team-mates.

Everything else is irrelevant

Shit fit for Arsenal anyway. Not suited to their style at all.

Arsenal trying to do it the Bayern Munich way - take away the immediate competition's main assets in order to weaken them.

The Irish Times have now done some coverage on the Vardy to Arsenal story:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/arsenal-trigger-jamie-vardy-s-25m-release-clause-1.2672145

If this release clause is true then Steve Rudkin should be shot. I mean surely it should have been to any top 4 club if LCFC DON'T qualify for the champions league. Same with all the other release clauses? Why bother having them?

As long as they don't shoot Jon Rudkin...or Steve Walsh, I think it's fine.

Archived