Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

I thought Williams showed real signs of decline last season. I'm sure he'll pick up a bit in a new team but he's short term really. 

That said, if they get Kone, they've gone from being the most soft centred team in the league to having a very solid foundation. 

1 hour ago, Donut said:

Stones is 22, Williams is what, 31, 32?

Stones at his full potential will be better than Ashley Williams, and hes 10 years younger.

I think Man City will be happy with the deal theyve done. Everton fans are happy with the cash but it needs to be invested well.

£30 million on Bolasie isnt good investment.

Thing is, with all that money chucked around and the hope for Stones becoming the next Rio Ferdinand or John Terry (sauf the scandals), it could take the lad ten years to fulfill his true potential. He might as well become a very pricey flop.

In that period, Manchester City could crash out in a handful of European competitions again and Everton be magically making it to the Europa League group stages - with a 34-, 35-year old Ashley Williams. You never know.

Stranger things have happened. Ask Wesley Morgan.

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

What annoys me most about that article is the poll at the end. Who is the most important signing for Man U this season? There isn't an option for who cares? They are talking about Conte and Dyche and they then go with a Man U rubbish poll. I really am over Zlatan and Pogba already. It's so boring.

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

whats with the talking in 3rd person

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Nobody gave them a chance of promotion? They signed Barton and a ten million pound striker... for the championship.

Give over.

I didn't think he'd repeat what he did. Burnley lost two key players in Shackell and Ings. Fair play Gray cost £7mill (or whatever it is) but that doesn't guarantee abything. Derby sent more, Middlesbrough spent big, Hull's squad was probably to best in the division...

You might not like Dyche or what he says (neither do I) but he's done a remarkable job.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I didn't think he'd repeat what he did. Burnley lost two key players in Shackell and Ings. Fair play Gray cost £7mill (or whatever it is) but that doesn't guarantee abything. Derby sent more, Middlesbrough spent big, Hull's squad was probably to best in the division...

You might not like Dyche or what he says (neither do I) but he's done a remarkable job.

No, he hasn't.

He did very poorly last (Prem) season and got relegated with little fight.

He wasted money on poor players, paying more for them than his rivals spent on better prospects.

He's an okay manager in the Championship but that's about it.

He's intensely arrogant in a way that makes Pearson look humble, he has the bravado of Mourinho but with less charm and a lot less talent to back it up.

Jose is an example of a manager I dislike (more than Dyche, for what it's worth) but I can happily admit is brilliant. Dyche is below par and has comfortably hit the pinnacle of his career. He'll get no better than he is now and end up going the way of Sherwood.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No, he hasn't.

He did very poorly last (Prem) season and got relegated with little fight.

He wasted money on poor players, paying more for them than his rivals spent on better prospects.

He's an okay manager in the Championship but that's about it.

He's intensely arrogant in a way that makes Pearson look humble, he has the bravado of Mourinho but with less charm and a lot less talent to back it up.

Jose is an example of a manager I dislike (more than Dyche, for what it's worth) but I can happily admit is brilliant. Dyche is below par and has comfortably hit the pinnacle of his career. He'll get no better than he is now and end up going the way of Sherwood.

I don't disagree with the base of that but to win promotion with Burnley in 13/14 was a brilliant achievement.

edit: and I'll think they'll struggle again this season.

37 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't understand his gripes at the moment, though. He has received tons of credit and praise for his job at Burnley. I've not seen one journalist, pundit, presenter criticise him. Jeff Stelling even said he should keep his job even if Burnley went down with a couple of points two years ago. He was apparently perfect for us 12 months ago according to a couple of journalists despite their limp relegation.

He repeats the same old mantra every season no matter the division they are in and it's boring. Why is he so bitter? He's got a job with little to no pressure and the press backing him all the way. They'll be on Ranieri's case before Dyche's this season, that's for sure.

12 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Steve Walsh working wonders spending 12m on Williams... 

With williams all I ever see is Mahrez running rings around him.

12 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

Standard of journalism is a joke ....below two clips from reported Sean Dyche comments first from BBC second from Mail Online

Dyche thinks foreign coaches and their ideas are deemed more "snazzy" and shown more deference by "the populace".

"Two geniuses, one adding pizza and one taking it away," said the 45-year-old.

"I saw (Manchester City midfielder Samir) Nasri talking about the diet that Pep has brought in. He's stopped pizza, he's a genius already in my view.

"The year before, Claudio Ranieri was adding pizza at Leicester. I'm being flippant but I'm being serious as well. It's true, that is the misperception.

"Nasri was talking about how this new diet was amazing, saying we don't eat junk food. We've been doing that since I got here. I did it at Watford, so do other :whistle:English managers."

and then this

The pre-season noise about dieting has also tickled Dyche, keen to stress he was not denouncing the ability of individuals.

'I saw [Gael] Clichy talking about the diet that Pep Guardiola has brought in. He's stopped pizza. Last year Ranieri was adding pizza. Two geniuses, one adding pizza one taking it away.'

Was it Samir (Nasri) or (Gael) Clichy or both that made identical  remarks to Dyche about Pep's no pizza diet ..:whistle:  Maybe they are all pre programmed robots at Man City taking the place of humans :D

I don't believe for one minute either comment was from Dyche. Not one reference to money so it's all journo shite lollol

14 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I don't believe for one minute either comment was from Dyche. Not one reference to money so it's all journo shite lollol

Exactly he would be complaining that Burnley couldn't afford proper toppings and were buying their Pizza from Iceland (not the country)

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Exactly he would be complaining that Burnley couldn't afford proper toppings and were buying their Pizza from Iceland (not the country)

you should have said farm foods. An over active mod will close this now lollollol

I simply think Dyche tries his damned hardest to deflect any blame from himself or his players. To keep banging on about money that the other clubs have and the money Burnley doesn't have (by comparison) is essentially him saying that if he fails in the Prem, it's hardly surprising. 

The problem I have with him is he says the same thing over and over again such that the argument (which IS probably valid) becomes boring and people switch off. He ends up sounding bitter because of it. I doubt he is bitter, but he sounds it.

Time to bang a different drum Dyche...We've heard it countless times.

Bit like me with our Esteban....

:whistle:

Just when you thought west hams new ground couldn't get worse, they have announcements for people to sit throughout the game, and now an email from the club to supporters stating if they stand they could have their season tickets removed.

6 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Just when you thought west hams new ground couldn't get worse, they have announcements for people to sit throughout the game, and now an email from the club to supporters stating if they stand they could have their season tickets removed.

I believe West Ham fans are objecting this and it's the idea of Brady who they want out. 

Guest CityFan 06
3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

This did make me think when they moved to the new stadium. At Upton Park, they had a stand in there which was all standing, every time they scored at that end the fans were superb. But, due to a complete stadium move, it's easier to get fans to sit down. I'm sure Leicester are about one of the only clubs in the PL to have at least 3-4 standing sections.

2 hours ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

Thought this for a while. Classy striker, Premier League material for sure IMO.

Saw him in their friendly against Sociedad, he's still very raw. Poor first touch and offers little in build up play. Definitely has the potential to be Vardy level though

Archived