Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

Shades of us in 11/12 after he came back about them, both tonight and in the season so far. It will take time for him to change them the place theyre in, as it was with us.

Surprised they haven't done more business though, wonder what side thats coming from. James on loan would be good for them and us.

14 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

As long as he gets at least 2 years he will turn them around. It's the same sort of situation he took over from us the 2nd time. 

Exactly what I said. I get the impression that Derby fans' expectations are even more delusional than when he came back here. They've got to accept they had the money and blew it. They threw millions at average to good Championship players. Pearson always has been and always will be a long-term builder and not an impact manager. They'll be about 8th I'd imagine (as I can't see them continuing to be this bad, one goal in five games lol )

We were a mess when he'd taken over from us, though - Derby really aren't to anywhere near the same extent. They only just missed out on a play-off final and have kept pretty much every single (if not every single) player from last term. They've got a ready made squad to challenge right now.

I love Nige and really want him to do well there (I still think he will) but it's a shit start.

20 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Exactly what I said. I get the impression that Derby fans' expectations are even more delusional than when he came back here. They've got to accept they had the money and blew it. They threw millions at average to good Championship players. Pearson always has been and always will be a long-term builder and not an impact manager. They'll be about 8th I'd imagine (as I can't see them continuing to be this bad, one goal in five games lol )

The problem is though, they didnt really "blow" the money. They had a really good team, had just fallen short in the playoffs to the eventual playoff winners. Had a 433 system and played different players, it was mostly successful too.

Theyre now (and its very early days) looking like a team thats a lot worse than last season, with basically the same players.

Pearson probably will get it right, but finishing 8th would be quite a move backwards for them.

27 minutes ago, Donut said:

The problem is though, they didnt really "blow" the money. They had a really good team, had just fallen short in the playoffs to the eventual playoff winners. Had a 433 system and played different players, it was mostly successful too.

Theyre now (and its very early days) looking like a team thats a lot worse than last season, with basically the same players.

Pearson probably will get it right, but finishing 8th would be quite a move backwards for them.

Of course they've blown it. How much was Bradley Johnson again? They spent over £20mil last season and they've got very little to show for it.

I agree that they do look appalling. Something clearly isn't right there.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Of course they've blown it. How much was Bradley Johnson again? They spent over £20mil last season and they've got very little to show for it.

I agree that they do look appalling. Something clearly isn't right there.

More than Kante.

giphy.gif

Makes me wonder if it is Nige fully backing those. We all know what he's like. Derby have spent a lot of money under McLaren, Clement and now Pearson. Clough, on the other hand, was building a squad up there. Still think all those managers were unfairly sacked and Pearson will probably go the same way unless he has them top 6 this season.

Went to watch Bristol Vs Villa yesterday. Great game. Tommy Abraham is some talent! Hope he gets a chance at Chelsea.

side note.... Villa need to Burn Grealish and Bacuna... Horrible, pointless, no passion twats. 

Burke has gone to Red Bull Leipzig for around £15mill.

Wtf, he is a great prospect, highly rated, a few English clubs (including from the PL) rumored to be interested. 

Strange move.

Guest Mee-9

lol FOREST SELLING THEIR BEST PLAYER TO LEIPZIP WHEN BAYERN WERE INTERESTED HAHAHA lollollol 

Have you seen his statement? It's pretty much him saying, "I didnt really want to leave my hometown club, the club I love so much with all my heart, but the owners now have 15m to bring in QUALITY players." lol

Guest seanfox778

Wow! That is crazy, just when Forest thought they had a promising talent coming to fruition and this happens. Their fans must be going insane!  lol

21 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Jonathan Kodija linked to Derby for £14 million. Yeah I've never heard of him either. 

Very unlike Nigel this spending so much money on individual players. Struggling without Steve Walsh finding unearthed talent from teams reserves? 

Plus they've already signed Vydra for £8.5m.

£22.5m on two players. Christ. The money that's being thrown about in that league is shocking.

11 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Makes me wonder if it is Nige fully backing those. We all know what he's like. Derby have spent a lot of money under McLaren, Clement and now Pearson. Clough, on the other hand, was building a squad up there. Still think all those managers were unfairly sacked and Pearson will probably go the same way unless he has them top 6 this season.

If their current performances continue im sorry to say he will be fairly sacked, because he is curently taking a talented squad and making them worse.

Its a team that was within a whisker or a Wembley playoff final.

Should be doing much better. There is no excuse.

13 hours ago, Donut said:

If their current performances continue im sorry to say he will be fairly sacked, because he is curently taking a talented squad and making them worse.

Its a team that was within a whisker or a Wembley playoff final.

Should be doing much better. There is no excuse.

But there's a reason as to why they keep getting so close but never making it. 

They hide when the big games come and don't show when it counts. Given time pearson will bring in players to change that. Sometimes you have to take one step back to take two steps forward. 

Archived