Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

Just now, MrSpaM said:

Absolutely barmy that teams are spending 14 million on players in the championship now. I thought us spending 5 million on Matt Mills was beyond excessive 

Just sums up English football. Absolutely stupid. Created a gap between the top tier and second tier and now it's creating a gap between the second tier and third tier. Too much money in English football.

I'm not criticizing Villa though if they've got that to spend. Why not. Sign a proven goalscorer, get promoted and get all that money so the £15mill looks like a bargain.

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Has any club in the third tier ever spent more than £1m on a player (while in that division)?

If not, I can't imagine it'll be long before we see it happen.

Sheff utd spent almost 2m on John Brayford (although that was reported as it was undisclosed).  Another undisclosed fee was Assombalonga to Peterborough but it was confirmed to be over their previous record 1.1 million transfer.

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Do they not look at our promotion and rise and think "probably more important we build something solid than something expensive"?

Expensive usually equals quality.

We are the exceptions, not the rule really.

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Aiden McGeady has joined Preston (!) on loan.

Everton's transfer dealings get more bizarre by the minute...

Massively out of favour but decent player getting no minutes at Everton goes out on loan to Championship club where he will play.

Yep, thats a REALLY bizarre one indeed that one.

:blink::huh::rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Donut said:

Massively out of favour but decent player getting no minutes at Everton goes out on loan to Championship club where he will play.

Nope, Preston North End (!) getting one of the best outside midfielders in Ireland history is the bizarre part.

And the fact that it's Everton with the now infamous Sissoko saga that are the club at the other end of the deal.

:rolleyes:

Guest FriendlyRam

We sold Hendrick for 10m with a sell on clause to fund the Vydra deal imo 

I'm liking Pearson though :), a man that has the balls to offload the biggest sulker in the league, don't be fooled by Martins happy clappy interviews (if you've watched any), he's a trouble maker. 

Our performance last Friday was nothing short of disgraceful, and Martin is the first out the door says it all, a sulky arm flailer when he doesn't get his way

We wont be joining you this season imo, but its nice to see us moving away from a failed system. 

8 hours ago, Donut said:

lol I thought that. McGeady was at Sheffield Wednesday last season, it's hardly bizarre. 

Archived