Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy Euro 2016 Thread

Guest Cujek

I can understand essentially cheering on Spurs over Leicester is less than savoury...

But this is probably Vardy's only Euros. Got to get behind the team for that at least.

I think we are all behind Vardy.

What we are not behind is the idiocy of the England set up, the selection descions and the match tactics.

Guest seanfox778

Did anyone see Peter Taylor's (I know) England player ratings on the Sky Sports News app? He gave 6 players, including Sterling and Lallana 8/10 and Dier 9/10. Same with Hoddle, it's like they see no fault in the England players and see them as tournament favourites every time one comes around. England have been sh*t for ages.

Looking half decent against a poor side doesn't really tell us much. Not being able to close out a game either mentally (players) or tactically (Woy) tells us more.

Vardy wasting time \ drawing fouls was needed.

I'm an England fan but the level of emotional attachment is nothing compared to Leicester. When we were shit at least they were our shit players with England the selection \ tactics seem desined to make us look poor.

Did anyone see Peter Taylor's (I know) England player ratings on the Sky Sports News app? He gave 6 players, including Sterling and Lallana 8/10 and Dier 9/10. Same with Hoddle, it's like they see no fault in the England players and see them as tournament favourites every time one comes around. England have been sh*t for ages.

Mario Melchiot and Ray Wilkins were on SSN earlier and both were amazed Vardy wasn't brought on. Ray in particular was very critical of Sterling

Sterling was terrible, but was always going to start because of the reputation he has.

The FA would rather a team full of 'prestigious' players, those at big clubs with big transfer fees, play as a form of posturing. It doesn't look good to UEFA and FIFA if we start with a player signed for a million pounds up front : that will be the FA's line of thought.

It's a damned shame as that was a winnable game, and the tools are present. Roy bottled it. Just like he did at the last major international tournament.

Part of me is glad he didn't pick Vardy and wouldn't mind if we went out in the group stage. That's the only way I feel that Hodgson is going to get fired and it'll cause a shake up in the FA (because already a lot of the media, pundits, critics, and just as importantly us fans have stated how surprised we were that Vardy didn't even come off the bench. And I think it is about posturing too - big players from big clubs - if Vardy played for man united and had scored 24 goals this season there's no way on Earth that Hodgson wouldn't have picked him, it's all because he plays for Leicester.

We probably need to get booted out of this tournament early for the FA to wake up and realise that it's not all about lumping big names together and forgetting actual talent.

Sterling was terrible, but was always going to start because of the reputation he has.

The FA would rather a team full of 'prestigious' players, those at big clubs with big transfer fees, play as a form of posturing. It doesn't look good to UEFA and FIFA if we start with a player signed for a million pounds up front : that will be the FA's line of thought.

It's a damned shame as that was a winnable game, and the tools are present. Roy bottled it. Just like he did at the last major international tournament.

Stirling wouldn't even get in the squad if he played for Leicester, Southampton, Swansea, Villa, Sunderland, West Ham, Newcastle etc.....

Part of me is glad he didn't pick Vardy and wouldn't mind if we went out in the group stage. That's the only way I feel that Hodgson is going to get fired and it'll cause a shake up in the FA (because already a lot of the media, pundits, critics, and just as importantly us fans have stated how surprised we were that Vardy didn't even come off the bench. And I think it is about posturing too - big players from big clubs - if Vardy played for man united and had scored 24 goals this season there's no way on Earth that Hodgson wouldn't have picked him, it's all because he plays for Leicester.

We probably need to get booted out of this tournament early for the FA to wake up and realise that it's not all about lumping big names together and forgetting actual talent.

Minus the Vardy bit, which I agree with you on, how may times before have we said the FA will finally get a wake up call, once we crash out of with a wimper from a major international finals due to it being about form players forsaken for the failure of big brand team members?? Must be half a dozen, consecutive tournaments now. It's Deja Vu ad infinitum, so don't hold your breath...

Stirling wouldn't even get in the squad if he played for Leicester, Southampton, Swansea, Villa, Sunderland, West Ham, Newcastle etc.....

Exactly!!! Deja Vu is an understatement.

You'd think they would learn after 5 or 6 terrible international tournament failures in a row!!!

I must say, deep down, I don't actually care about this England team. I don't rate the manager, our players are overrated, a lot of our fans are complete bell ends. We're champions of England and yet have 1 player in the squad who doesn't get a look in...

Grated I'd had a few but I forgot we even played Saturday night as soon as the game was over and until it came up in conversation the next day mid-afternoon. If that was Leicester and we'd conceded last minute i'd have been down about it for a week or two! 

Just back from France. I watched the France game and then the England game in Paris on a screen. I was wearing my Ranieri shirt, so naturally conversations were struck up. The French fans (and others) we were talking to were amazed Vardy wasn't playing and Drinkwater not in the squad. They couldn't understand it... The vast majority didn't understand at all why a team winning the league and riding on a high didn't have their players playing, and carrying the momentum, in to the England side. They were hoping Kanté would bring some of the Leicester magic to the French team and wanted him to play every game because of that (and because he's brilliant).

I must say, deep down, I don't actually care about this England team. I don't rate the manager, our players are overrated, a lot of our fans are complete bell ends. We're champions of England and yet have 1 player in the squad who doesn't get a look in...

Grated I'd had a few but I forgot we even played Saturday night as soon as the game was over and until it came up in conversation the next day mid-afternoon. If that was Leicester and we'd conceded last minute i'd have been down about it for a week or two!

Have to agree. Followed England home and occasionally away for 25 years.

Stopped last year, sick to death of the blasé attitude of manager and some players.

We are not a team, obviously will always hope we do well, but one minute after full time against Russia I had forgotten the game.

Watching the city this season made me realise what football is really about. People who care and make the most of their ability, not many of the current England players and manager who just pick up their wages and don't care a jot about the supporters. Rooney and vardy excepted.

Just back from France. I watched the France game and then the England game in Paris on a screen. I was wearing my Ranieri shirt, so naturally conversations were struck up. The French fans (and others) we were talking to were amazed Vardy wasn't playing and Drinkwater not in the squad. They couldn't understand it... The vast majority didn't understand at all why a team winning the league and riding on a high didn't have their players playing, and carrying the momentum, in to the England side. They were hoping Kanté would bring some of the Leicester magic to the French team and wanted him to play every game because of that (and because he's brilliant).

I'm in the Greek islands ATM and getting a similar story here. Once I mention I'm from Leicester I get my hand shaken off, back slapped and hugged! Likewise, no one could understand why Vardy wasn't brought on or started. Champions of England with one unused sub in the squad!?!

I'm in the Greek islands ATM and getting a similar story here. Once I mention I'm from Leicester I get my hand shaken off, back slapped and hugged! Likewise, no one could understand why Vardy wasn't brought on or started. Champions of England with one unused sub in the squad!?!

It's disgusting really. As is the lack of media outrage about it. What do you have to do as a player to get picked for England?

I certainly agree vardy should have come on at the very least, personally I would have started him WITH kane on Saturday. In hindsight, kane had his worst game of the season on Saturday, he looked tired to me and didn't play well, but for any of you to not understand why he should be starting is extremely short-sighted and biased although understandable obviously wanting the best for him. Kane still scored more than vardy last year, and has done it two seasons straight now.

There was no excuse not to take drinkwater i agree, but again start in the place of who? Rooney played very well in midfield on Saturday, and DD is not better than dier. He's not better than alli either, which would beg the question, when exactly would he get a game when wilshere was always going to feature? 

I was majorly surprised after the game Saturday with all the negativity surrounding the performance, England played well and took the game to Russia, the issue was the substitutions. The equaliser was a complete sucker punch and never coming until those changes. Too many years have i sat down to watch England only for me to switch off after half an hour watching snail paced football, at least we had a go Saturday. 

Sterling cannot start the next game, vardy must start in his place. Kane will come good though.

Roy had bet Spurs would be champions of England, hence the team since this time last year.

And he's too stubborn to get facts and reality get in his way.

There's some slight hope Vardy and Rooney will link up well and he'll change his game plan...

Get big Sam on the case good english manger me thinks

Can't believe I'm saying it, but I agree, Allardyce would be a good choice at this point. We need someone to get the players focused again and provide a clear sense of direction. if it's Route 1 football, so be it. Better than doing whatever it is we're doing now.

Archived