Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tsintskaro

Leicester City chief confident Jamie Vardy will turn down £20million Arsenal move

Betting suspended on vardy staying, denney is 2/5 to join us

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10319534/vardy-may-still-go-to-arsenal

Jamie Vardy yet to make mind up about Arsenal transfer
By Paul Vinnell

Last Updated: 20/06/16 11:03am

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
jamie-vardy-leicester-city-sunderland_34
Jamie Vardy is staying quiet on his club future

Jamie Vardy is yet to make up his mind about a summer move to Arsenal, and could still move to the Emirates, Sky sources understand.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger told Chinese television that he believes Vardy is staying at Leicester.

Wenger said: "Jamie Vardy is, at the moment, at Leicester and from what I know, he will stay at Leicester."

Arsenal told Leicester three weeks ago they are prepared to meet the £20m buy-out clause in Vardy's contract, and Leicester responded by offering the striker improved terms.

Sky Sports News HQ understands that Vardy wants to focus entirely on England while they are in Euro 2016, and will delay making a decision about his domestic future until he returns home.

jamie-vardy-euro-2016-england_3486453.jp
Vardy is concentrating on England whilst they are still in Euro 2016

On Saturday, speaking at England's 2016 training base at Chantilly, Vardy insisted he was not thinking about his club future.

"I'm just here completely focusing on England and that's all I want to do at the moment," said the 29-year-old.

"We're here to represent England and that's all I want to think about.

"

If I was vardys agent I would have told him the following

Two offers on the table

Tell both of them that you haven't decided 100% but you are leaning towards taking their offer. Confirm that both are happy to wait as unfortunately you can't do anything whilst you are on england duty.

Then wait and see what happens during the tournemment. You might end up top scorer and bigger offers could come in from elsewhere.

Nothing to lose.

Then, once the comp has ended, you make your final decision.

Sky sources saying he may still go to arsenal about an hour ago. They haven't got a fookin clue what is going on so just keep making up stories. I don't think this is done either way I think he'll decide after the euros.

Is it not true that he may still go there?

As the player has not come out and made the descison it's still 50\50

Don't trust Wenger for a second, just because the outcome has been delayed, we are all none the wiser since the story broke.

Because I have absolutely no reason to doubt the person that told me. I also know where the information came from.

Take it or leave it. I don't care. But i was told that he was staying on wednesday. I was also told that it wouldn't be announced until after the euros

Would be great PR for the club to do it this way, Vardy returns the biggest hero going....Fingers crossed.

Is it not true that he may still go there?

As the player has not come out and made the descison it's still 50\50

Don't trust Wenger for a second, just because the outcome has been delayed, we are all none the wiser since the story broke.

Of course it is, it just makes me laugh when they say "according to sky sources" - no you mean you are guessing because Vardy hasn't confirmed either way!

I maybe being very cynical, but a lot of outlets reported Vardy was set to stay, including old prune face Wenger, as a result the betting market is then either heavily odds on or suspended.......then Sky (who coincidently own Skybet) start quoting their sources that Vardy hasn't yet made up his mind. For me this is a story planted to re-energise a betting market with the hope of flurry of bets on the "loser" before the official announcement.

I maybe being very cynical, but a lot of outlets reported Vardy was set to stay, including old prune face Wenger, as a result the betting market is then either heavily odds on or suspended.......then Sky (who coincidently own Skybet) start quoting their sources that Vardy hasn't yet made up his mind. For me this is a story planted to re-energise a betting market with the hope of flurry of bets on the "loser" before the official announcement.

I would usually call this as wild conspiracy theory but the price to stay is still unavailable. could be that they have taken so much on him staying that it's skewed their book and they need to take some on him leaving to even It out. To quote an unbackable price to stay would put anyone off backing a leave. However, then why quote only 3/1 arsenal if you want to lay them? Very odd.

He probably would/could be the striker that you needed, but Wenger won't utilise him to his strengths. He doesn't suit the style of play that you play. I always thought it was a strange fit.

I am not so sure. We played on the break against Manchester City this year, and I think/hope that we will return to the more direct football we played at Highbury. Once we moved to the Emirates, somehow we started with this slow slow possession style football...At Highbury we were much more direct and incisive. I agree though that Vardy might have struggled when we play teams that park the bus. There would not be much space behind a back four. On the other hand, unlike Giroud, he does not need 19 shots on target to score...

He's 29, yes he's had a fantastic season but he joins you and gets injured then that's £20 odd million down the shitter. If I was a gooner i'd prefer to go for a younger option.

It is just we have gone "for the younger option" so many times, with mixed results. World class young strikers are simply out of our financial reach. We cannot compete with Manchester City and Chelsea, or United for that matter, for those players.

In any case it seems he will stay at Leicester.

I totally agree with this. Sky always report stories that link to skybet. It's their way of making money 2 ways, 1 with the gullible people that believe their stories so read their Web pages/watch their news reports and 2 to the gullible people that put bets on with sky bet because "sky sources" have reported something may be happening

I totally agree with this. Sky always report stories that link to skybet. It's their way of making money 2 ways, 1 with the gullible people that believe their stories so read their Web pages/watch their news reports and 2 to the gullible people that put bets on with sky bet because "sky sources" have reported something may be happening

Other gambling websites are available!

Fwiw, still no price quoted on him staying and bizarrely, West Ham and lpool brought back into the betting (they were dropped when it became apparent that other clubs would have to bid much more than 20m)

they are bookmakers. Not offering a full book to their customers is very odd behaviour IMO.

Getting bored of the saga now, either make a decision to stay, or go.

Wether he's with England or not, he could announce his intentions, and seal the deal after, the longer it goes on, the more I couldn't careless if he goes.

Not going ? ...   but not staying (yet) ? ....   Is he waiting for someone else ???   Does he think the Euros will get someone else interested ....    is it a different red shirt he wants ? ...   or a different blue one ?? ...  Does Rebekah like shopping down the Kings road ?     Wenger is watching all the games he plays in and now LCFC have put in their 'best' offer will Arsehole increase his bid and make him an offer he can't refuse ???    Probably at his age only one more shake of the dice for Vardy and his young family so he will not be rushed and maybe wants/hopes things might escalate during the Euros.

Just hold your breath and sit tight ...    too tough to call.

He's actually said that he is concentrating on nothing but England.

I imagine the club are okay with that or they would have given him a deadline to decide either way.

It's not going to stop us looking for potential replacements, believe it or not, we actually have a more than capable set of people working behind the scenes.

Archived