Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

New chants and songs

Doo doo doo-doo doo doo doo doo 
Trebel Trebel, and 10 in a row
Trebel Trebel, Brenden said no
Trebel Trebel, and joined the blues
Rodgers, I love you so!

BBC Radio Leicester were talking about how you learned to spell "Leicester" as a child as it is quite a difficult word for kids to learn. And it got me thinking king about an old chant that I last remember hearing in the mid 90's. But the way I always used to remember how to spell it was the old chant:

"L-E-I, C-E-S, T-E-R, Leicester are the best"

The only problem is that nobody I've talked to remembers it. Can someone please confirm that I'm not going insane and imagining rubbish chants that never actually existed??

Edited by TiffToff88

45 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

BBC Radio Leicester were talking about how you learned to spell "Leicester" as a child as it is quite a difficult word for kids to learn. And it got me thinking king about an old chant that I last remember hearing in the mid 90's. But the way I always used to remember how to spell it was the old chant:

The only problem is that nobody I've talked to remembers it. Can someone please confirm that I'm not going insane and imagining rubbish chants that never actually existed??

Was sang up the top of SK1 on Tuesday night.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

remember it well from way back before he 90's.  I seem to recall a second line something like

"with an ee-I-adio its up the league we go"

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

That's absolutely how I learned to spell it and it sill pops into my head sometimes when I'm writing it lol

Last time I heard it was Peterborough away 2012/13.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Saw this on facebook today.

Brendan left a team, to help build Vichai's dream,

came down from Scotland, & now he's 1 of our own,

he'll build from the back & counter attack,

f--k off you Celtic, he thought you were crap

:D:D

• Haha 1

we can't have a chant with that format/style for everything jeez (i know you didn't make it)

2 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Saw this on facebook today.

Brendan left a team, to help build Vichai's dream,

came down from Scotland, & now he's 1 of our own,

he'll build from the back & counter attack,

f--k off you Celtic, he thought you were crap

23 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Albert tacklock,Ena sharpers was sung / chanted a lot then. Never understood why

On 28/02/2019 at 09:42, Voll Blau said:

Why are we so desperate to replicate every flavour of the month song going? As someone else said, leave that to Derby. Let's be a bit more unique if we can.

Ease. It's easier to copy a chant than to start one from scratch. Easier because there's little creative thought needed, and easier because fans will grasp it quicker.

Not that that's a good enough reason of course.

We should want to create our own fan culture, rather than have it handed down to us from a few big clubs.

Edited by Harry - LCFC
  • Like 2

On 01/03/2019 at 12:18, TiffToff88 said:

I learnt to spell it with the mnemonic "lions eat ice cream every single Tuesday evening running". Sounds like you had a much more fun upbringing. :)

On 01/03/2019 at 19:18, TiffToff88 said:

Course you’re not ! It was sang for years to “Jesus Christ , Superstar”- many other clubs sang it as well for their own players- or to insult other clubs’ players eg “ and he wears a bra!”

The one I thought I heard against Man U was “LC, LCF, LCFC , ok!”

Or was it them singing “MU” etc.

On 27/02/2019 at 21:30, Swalshed said:

My personal favourite City song in SK1 in recent times is the one we sing to the tune of the old Bay City Rollers hit "I only want to be with you" (okay, it was originally Dusty Springfield, but I prefer BCR's version).

It's original and the tune is unique to us (I think). Particularly like the line that goes "the feeling that I get when I pass Filbert Street...". 

Unfortunately, never seems to get more than a hundred or so joining in. I don't know why?

Big shout out to whoever came up with it though ??

Probably that exact reason lol 

• Like 3