Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

January Transfer Gossip

On 11/6/2016 at 05:04, frany104 said:

I'd take Sakho. He's a good defender when used correctly. Liverpool tried to make him a ball playing CB. If he is used int he Leicester CB model he would do well. Offer a bit more pace at the back too. 

Right now i feel we have limited options if we want to play three at the back and use wing backs. He'd give us that option...

Really would like us to spend some money on a young quicker CB. If we didn't have two CBs with the pace of snails, then it would allow Fuchs and Simpson to push up more and support our wingers without worrying as much about balls in behind that Huth and Morgan cannot deal with. When attacking, Mahrez often has no choice but to go inside because Simpson is standing at the half-way line for protection, but against teams like West Brom, we could have really done with a quick RB that can overlap and give us chances. I scoffed at the time, but Michael Keane would have been a good addition as a CB.

CB, CAM and maybe an attacking right-back is on my xmas list.

The only problem with Hernandez is he's probably as slow if not slower than the pair of CB we already have, a bit of a pace injection into the back four is a must for me in jan, we've screwed ourselves over on the Keane front as after the start to the season he's had we can be looking at an extra 5m+ on the already inflated asking price in the summer... I'd be tempted to chuck benalouane in to see what he's made of before jan arrives

18 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

The only problem with Hernandez is he's probably as slow if not slower than the pair of CB we already have, a bit of a pace injection into the back four is a must for me in jan, we've screwed ourselves over on the Keane front as after the start to the season he's had we can be looking at an extra 5m+ on the already inflated asking price in the summer... I'd be tempted to chuck benalouane in to see what he's made of before jan arrives

Thats a fair shout..

4 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

I'm afraid it is not a fair shout. He is not registered in our 25 man Premier League squad and now can't be until the transfer window opens on January 1st. That's how much we now rate him

Its still a fair shout even if we cant do it  - it would make sense to play him as hes the sort of player who could do well in that  3 man defense.. To me its a real shame he isnt in our 25 man squad as i actually thought with a few consecutive games under his belt he would equip himself well...

8 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

I'm afraid it is not a fair shout. He is not registered in our 25 man Premier League squad and now can't be until the transfer window opens on January 1st. That's how much we now rate him

He's been getting decent reviews from ranieri recently and he's been training/ traveling with the 1st team for away fixtures so I'm guessing he's rated higher than you think

Must admit I find the Benalouane situation bizarre. I'd go out and get either Nzonzi/Silva and Keane. They will be well overpriced but we need strengthening in CM and CB desperately, and these two signings would improve us I'm sure. We've been scouting these 3 for a while too so see no reason why we shouldn't sign them. Just go and pay the money so we can survive comfortably and have a crack at the cups

Cup tied Champions League players aren't coming to Leicester. The price to get them here would be gargantuan and we couldn't get full value out of them as we couldn't play them in the Champions League. What's the point?

N'Zonzi is through to the round of 16.

Silva is cup tied but Sporting are going to be in the Europa League. The only thing that doesn't completely write off Silva is that Sporting's Finances are ****ing shit and they need to have a firesale. Still though, he can't play Champions League so how much value are we really getting out of him?

3 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Cup tied Champions League players aren't coming to Leicester. The price to get them here would be gargantuan and we couldn't get full value out of them as we couldn't play them in the Champions League. What's the point?

N'Zonzi is through to the round of 16.

Silva is cup tied but Sporting are going to be in the Europa League. The only thing that doesn't completely write off Silva is that Sporting's Finances are ****ing shit and they need to have a firesale. Still though, he can't play Champions League so how much value are we really getting out of him?

We need Silva to enhance our chances of staying in the PL. .sod the CL,  our PL status is the priority!. .clearly we aren't going to win the CL are we!!? 

6 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Must admit I find the Benalouane situation bizarre. I'd go out and get either Nzonzi/Silva and Keane. They will be well overpriced but we need strengthening in CM and CB desperately, and these two signings would improve us I'm sure. We've been scouting these 3 for a while too so see no reason why we shouldn't sign them. Just go and pay the money so we can survive comfortably and have a crack at the cups

These are the 2 players we should have continued to go after till deadline day, no chance now though Barca are apparently sniffing around nzonzi and now Keane is on the England scene it's only a matter of time before the top 4/6 go in for him

I said earlier in the forum, i woudnt be opposed to a move for Fabian Delph.

Hes box to box, works hard, loves to get stuck in and has international experience. Has had injury issues but realistically not going to get much of  game at Man City, and hes a player that could slot into the team immediately.

Obviously Silva would have more quality, but I think he would be a smart signing.

Archived