Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

January Transfer Gossip

I'd hope/expect us to sign 2 players in January, both of which will be experienced enough to slot straight into the first 11, one centre back and one centre midfielder, the 2 positions we failed so badly to fill during the summer, even when Mendy is fit we'll still be lacking in midfield.

im sure we'll be back in for Keane, and definitely have to pay over the odds to get him.

Guest CityFan 06
11 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I'd hope/expect us to sign 2 players in January, both of which will be experienced enough to slot straight into the first 11, one centre back and one centre midfielder, the 2 positions we failed so badly to fill during the summer, even when Mendy is fit we'll still be lacking in midfield.

im sure we'll be back in for Keane, and definitely have to pay over the odds to get him.

I think if we signed a centre back and central midfielder in January, then we'd have just about the ideal squad. I think I've said it before but the squad is far from needing an overhaul, just a few positions here & there.

Barcelona considering move for Steven N'Zonzi to act as Sergio Busquets' back-up

But reports in Barcelona claim that Steven N'Zonzi, the former Blackburn Rovers and Stoke midfielder, is the man that sporting director Robert Fernandez is setting his eyes on.

Other clubs have done so too, with Juventus and Chelsea monitoring his ongoing negotiations.

"I wouldn't sell N'Zonzi for any money in the world," said José Castro, Sevilla's president - conveniently ignoring his current release clause of €30million.

"He is very good and we're working on his new contract. We hope to be able to announce it very soon."

If the towering midfielder doesn't sign on the dotted line in Seville, he would be almost certain to depart the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán in the next year. His contract expires in 2019 and he is looking for a wage that befits his performance level under Unai Emery and now Jorge Sampaoli.

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Barcelona considering move for Steven N'Zonzi to act as Sergio Busquets' back-up

But reports in Barcelona claim that Steven N'Zonzi, the former Blackburn Rovers and Stoke midfielder, is the man that sporting director Robert Fernandez is setting his eyes on.

Other clubs have done so too, with Juventus and Chelsea monitoring his ongoing negotiations.

"I wouldn't sell N'Zonzi for any money in the world," said José Castro, Sevilla's president - conveniently ignoring his current release clause of €30million.

"He is very good and we're working on his new contract. We hope to be able to announce it very soon."

If the towering midfielder doesn't sign on the dotted line in Seville, he would be almost certain to depart the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán in the next year. His contract expires in 2019 and he is looking for a wage that befits his performance level under Unai Emery and now Jorge Sampaoli.

Ah well, that's that one gone then. Should have pounced in the summer when we had the chance.

Word in the papers says West Ham and Leicester are monitoring Liverpool's Sakho

It would appear that he and Klopp have fallen out.

Daily Mirror

He's a Defender though not Midfielder, I thought we knew where I biggest weaknesses were ?

4 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

Daily Mirror

He's a Defender though not Midfielder, I thought we knew where I biggest weaknesses were ?

we do centre mid centre back and right back. Just because we are looking at a CB dont mean we have not looked at a CM.

Morgan Schneiderlin  Michael Carrick

Morgan Schneiderlin  and Michael Carrick not being used at Man Utd

Pehaps loans for one of these two before Jose realises what he has in reserve

12 minutes ago, sylofox said:

we do centre mid centre back and right back. Just because we are looking at a CB dont mean we have not looked at a CM.

I'm quite happy with right back and his cover, but I acknowledge your point about looking at CM and CB.

1 hour ago, Chico1958 said:

Daily Mirror

I'd take Sakho. He's a good defender when used correctly. Liverpool tried to make him a ball playing CB. If he is used int he Leicester CB model he would do well. Offer a bit more pace at the back too. 

Archived