Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

January Transfer Gossip

10 minutes ago, Donut said:

I said earlier in the forum, i woudnt be opposed to a move for Fabian Delph.

Hes box to box, works hard, loves to get stuck in and has international experience. Has had injury issues but realistically not going to get much of  game at Man City, and hes a player that could slot into the team immediately.

Obviously Silva would have more quality, but I think he would be a smart signing.

Delph is a great shout. He would improve our midfield without a doubt. Wages may be an issue though?

Leicester will make £20m bid to beat Chelsea to Premier League star - reports

LEICESTER will reportedly make a £20million bid for Burnley defender Michael Keane in January.

Burnley defender Michael KeaneGETTY

Burnley defender Michael Keane is wanted by Leicester and Chelsea

Keane has impressed for Burnley and is in Gareth Southgate’s England squad for the upcoming games against Scotland and Spain.

Leicester tried to sign Keane in the summer but the Clarets managed to hang on to their star man.

But after helping Sean Dyche’s side up to ninth in the Premier League, Keane is the subject of renewed interest from the Foxes.

Burnley defender Michael KeaneGETTY

Michael Keane celebrates scoring for Burnley against Watford

Leicester will make a £20m bid for Burnley defender Michael Keane in January

According to The Sun, Leicester are set to move for the 23-year-old in the next transfer window.

Foxes boss Claudio Ranieri is apparently concerned he has no real cover for centre-backs Wes Morgan and Robert Huth.

Keane has so far refused to sign a new deal at Turf Moor but is expected to be the subject of interest in January.

Michael Keane EnglandGETTY

Michael Keane listens to instructions from England boss Gareth Southgate

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is also an admirer of the former Manchester United man as he looks for defenders who would fit into his new 3-4-3 system at Stamford Bridge.

Keane is a key player for Burnley though and manager Dyche will want to rebuff any offers again this time.

Keane has played in all 11 of Burnley’s Premier League games so far this season, scoring once.

Delph would be an excellent signing for us.

I feel we need to shop domestically this time around, we haven't got the time for players to get to grips with the league and adapt.

47 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I feel we need to shop domestically this time around, we haven't got the time for players to get to grips with the league and adapt.

100% agree.  Not sure we could match his Man City wages mind!

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Would be an excellent addition! He's got a great engine on him exactly what we need in the centre of the pitch. 

Delph isn't a bad shout. Not going to get much game time at all at Man City, although I think he would be happy enough collecting his 150k a week wages or whatever crazy money he is on, from the bench there, than taking a paycut anywhere else. A loan deal until the summer could be possible though. He needs to be playing as he hasn't got that many years left. 

First choice should still be SIlva, but warming to this idea if at all possible.

Schneiderlin would be an awesome signing but not sure we could do enough to persuade him to join here, especially with our recent form and position in the table. That's the issue we may face now, players we probably could have signed in the Summer with all our success, simply see us as a team that will not be playing in Europe next season, and could be fighting at the wrong end of the table again. 

Hopefully we are back up to about 8th in January, and looking a more attractive proposal again with performances and results similar to last season. 

4 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Delph would be decent but spends a lot of time injured. We can't be doing with getting another player thats injured all the time already have two.

Are you classing Mendy as injured all the time? This is the first injury he's had in about 4 seasons

Delph is a great shout, loan deal and pay a portion of his wages is the most likely way of getting him in Jan IMO.

Keane is not going to happen. Dyche hates Leicester more than Danny Mills, they'd  want £25m+ and a top 6 side will probably go in for him. Hope I'm wrong.

Cafu only if Ulloa is shipped out, but I doubt they'd let Ulloa go as Slimani will be out for Afcon leaving us with no height up front.

Silva I'd love, but, he'll be cup tied for CL and we're lot less attractive a proposition this time round. 

With Eduardo Macia on board we probably won't have a clue about targets until they actually make bids. Most likely go sniffing around Spain and Italy as that's where his scouting knowledge is. 

On 11/8/2016 at 04:59, EGBFitness said:

Can we not just open the gossip page early for the Jan window? 

Our form is disspointing, everyone is on a low... the only thing I feel can pick me up is looking at unknown players 'linked' to get excited about lol 

im voting for Indy Kalia as Moderator of the transfer forum!

Archived