Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

only we could have a player in team of the tournament (I think he played one game in midfield) and keep huth and morgan playing ahead of him in that position!

Someone tweeted yesterday that he was reslly excellent at centre back for Ghana under Avram Grant and could be answer to Ranieri's prayers.

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He can't be any worse than what we have at present. At least he has pace.

Agree. I would put him in there with Huth to have experience along side for now. Give Morgan a rest too. Although could go whole hog and give Amartey and Wague or Benny the 2 CB positions and Chilwell the LB. 

40 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Agree. I would put him in there with Huth to have experience along side for now. Give Morgan a rest too. Although could go whole hog and give Amartey and Wague or Benny the 2 CB positions and Chilwell the LB. 

That's exactly what I would do, But that would be a sink or swim situation. It might be a bit too risky when we need points. But Benny or Wague could be introduced if were winning or losing like last Sunday. They couldn't have done any worse than Huth or Morgan.

6 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

We've gone to shit since Amartey has gone.

I'm hoping that Ranieri had intended him to be at CB all along this season but the departure of Kante and injury of Mendy forced him to put him in midfield instead.

Posts like this make my blood boil. They just aren't realistic.

We were shit when Amartey WAS in the team. You clearly forget Utd and Liverpool away. And a number of other games where we were shipping goals like no tomorrow.

What I do concede however is that, amazingly, we seem WORSE without Amartey in the side. I didn't think I'd be saying that, but I hold my hands up...it's true.

But please don't try to make out that Amartey is some sort of savior to the plight of LCFC. He isn't. We were pretty awful when he was around too.

He is not a central midfielder. I've always blamed Ranieri for this. He's playing him out of position.

If Amartey plays, he must play at CB.

Edited by Col city fan

Just now, lgfualol said:

He will save us Cambiasso style

When Pearson changed our formation so that Cambiasso had another runner in midfield to aid his ageing legs, he played like the world class midfielder he could be. Before then, he and we, we're over-run in the central area. Pearson finally made the change and Cambiasso started to run the show.

Amartey is not in the same universe as Cambiasso, ability wise. I assume your post is a tongue in cheek one?

lol

Before he left, Amartey was starting to show sign of coming to terms with the league and was one of out better performers. He was made a bit of a scapegoat earlier in the season.

Has all the attributes physically to be a Centre back. The only one that worries me is concentration. 

44 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

When Pearson changed our formation so that Cambiasso had another runner in midfield to aid his ageing legs, he played like the world class midfielder he could be. Before then, he and we, we're over-run in the central area. Pearson finally made the change and Cambiasso started to run the show.

Amartey is not in the same universe as Cambiasso, ability wise. I assume your post is a tongue in cheek one?

lol

Amartey will either take control of the team and his tactics will keep us up, or he'll be the CB/CM/CAM we have needed for ages. Mark my words.

11 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Amartey will either take control of the team and his tactics will keep us up, or he'll be the CB/CM/CAM we have needed for ages. Mark my words.

Or more than likely he will be sat on the bench unable to get in the side ahead of Ranieri's favourites.

I didn't watch all the games, but I've heard he played very well at centre back at the Cup of Nations, even made team of the tournament. I'd give him a go at centre back. Something has to change, so it's either the attitude and performance of those currently filling the rolls or we change the personal.

He has to slot into the back 4, Morgan has had it. Huth doesn't look great either, but I think he could still do a good job organising if he had some pace and energy alongside him. Benalouane always looked okay to me as well, so I'm glad he's fit and ready to go. Remains to be seen what Wague will bring.

To begin with, I'd go with Simpson - Amartey - Huth - Chilwell and see how that goes. I'm just sick of seeing 4 thirtysomethings getting caught on their heels every time anyone attacks us.

19 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Can we clone him 3 times and play him centre mid, both centre backs and right back all at the same time? 

He's actually a prolific goalscorer by Leicester standards this season so maybe we could play him up front as well

Amartey at centre half is the logical decision for Ranieri, the boys confidence from playing in a good side, and also being one of the players of the tournament, must mean he goes straight in at centre half. The decision is though, play him there against Derby, or Swansea? If Ranieri does do it of course.