Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

WBA Post match

Losing by three or four goals away is one thing...but this is far more worrying.

We wouldn't have lost today if Drinkwater hadn't made that dog shite of a back pass...West Brom were never gonna get the winner. But that's not the point...the point again is HOW we are playing. Zero shots (that's NONE) in the first half, followed by not really looking like equalizing after Phillips slotted home the winner.

Musa, I thought, was dreadful. Vardy looks like he can't hit a barn door. Drinkwater was hitting long ball after long ball.

Its now no excuse..the usual suspects will post to the tune of 'we were unlucky', 'we are focusing on the Chams League' and all that gubbins. But none of this excuses HOW we are playing. We no longer look the incisive, quick countering, free scoring, defensively solid side that we did last season. We look ponderous, short of ideas, susceptible to conceding every game and just lacking any clear game plan.

People might say we are going great in the Champs League. Well it's a bloody good job we had the group we had. If we'd been pitted against any team of note at present, we'd be struggling in that tournament too.

Very disappointing.

Just now, dayday said:

Blame Kingy all you like, it's Mr Drinkwaters fault that we lost.

It's kind of all of their faults, can't blame 1 individual error, or we blame kings header miss (that my mum would have done better with) l. point is they were all shocking, all of them.

I'm sorry but these slack performances are starting to wear thin. When did it become acceptable to play like we did in the first half? Absolutely no effort, no closing down and no running at their defence. Vardy comes on and suddenly we try for 30 minutes. Too many stray passes and too many players looking they don't give a shit. Pissed off doesn't even cover it. Sort it out Claudio, we are a ****ing shambles. 

1 minute ago, GaelicFox said:

Agree

champions league is emptying players 

I don't want to make excuses but there's probably a lot in that.

Musa was just starting to get into the game when Claudio fetched him off. Gray didn't really improve anything.

WE made a masssive mistake in letting Inlet go, he never got a look in but would have struck a decent partnership with Drinks.

ANDY KING, the single reason why we have gone one step back.  He is absolute tripe.  Andy King is taking us back to the stone age.  Drinks is crying out for a partner.  Andy please pretend that you are injured.  Play this team and I know we will get going again

Slim

Shinji

Musa                                                          Mahrez                                     Vardy

Drinks

Fuchs                                                    Huth                                Wes

Zieler

Drinks is better off on his own in midfield than having missing Andy silly king

Absolutely wank that was. 

One of worst performances under Ranieri I have seen. 

Hoof ball up to the best team in the air. Wba are a team of cloggers and we played right into their hands. Ultimately they deserved it. 

Absolutey dog shite we were today. Terrible. Basic, turgid, unintelligent and hoof ball. 

Can't think of a motm. all shite 

2 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Completely deserved victory for WBA.  They played with greater desire, fought for everything and quite frankly played much better football.

As for us what an absolutely remarkable decline.  Zero gameplan, lost, confused and no motivation. 

IMO we're the ugliest side in the league to watch and are similar to Swansea City and Sunderland in terms of quality. 

We're now just two points off the bottom three.  Could be in for a bottom five scrap here chaps.

Agree with ever word of this.

In reality the Champions League results have been disguising the fact that we've been absolutely dog shit for most of the season, even in the CL games themselves. Bruges were a shower but could have beaten us with a bit of composure in front of goal and the other 3 games have been absolutely dreadful affairs that we've fortunately pinched twice.

Relative to the quality of player available the football on show this season is as bad as it was under Levein.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the same ref who was in charge the last time we lost at home? And the namesake of west brom stalwart? 

As lcfc fans we should be used to this by now, wether it's an opposition striker in a dry patch, bogey team, team that's getting drubbed week in week out or just bad refereeing. We are the obliging team, always have been since I can remember. DD normally would of not hit the back pass so weak, but baggies needed a reply to the drubbing they got. We obliged. Everything back to normal. The ying is back in line with the yang. Last season was amazing, but back to basics please Mr ranieri.

2 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Agree

champions league is emptying players 

These are Premier League professional football players, Highly fit with plenty of stamina. We have made plenty of changes to allow for rest. Not eve a third of the season gone.

Nobody should be knackered.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Losing by three or four goals away is one thing...but this is far more worrying.

We wouldn't have lost today if Drinkwater hadn't made that dog shite of a back pass...West Brom were never gonna get the winner. But that's not the point...the point again is HOW we are playing. Zero shots (that's NONE) in the first half, followed by not really looking like equalizing after Phillips slotted home the winner.

Musa, I thought, was dreadful. Vardy looks like he can't hit a barn door. Drinkwater was hitting long ball after long ball.

Its now no excuse..the usual suspects will post to the tune of 'we were unlucky', 'we are focusing on the Chams League' and all that gubbins. But none of this excuses HOW we are playing. We no longer look the incisive, quick countering, free scoring, defensively solid side that we did last season. We look ponderous, short of ideas, susceptible to conceding every game and just lacking any clear game plan.

People might say we are going great in the Champs League. Well it's a bloody good job we had the group we had. If we'd been pitted against any team of note at present, we'd be struggling in that tournament too.

Very disappointing.

I agree on all of this.

We need to get a grip, fine all of the cvnts a weeks wages and make them pay a refund for all of our tickets for that match.

Musa was the outball most of the first half so CR probably identified that as their weakest side but he was not utilising his speed against a slow defence can't remember him running at them at all. Second half he started to make decent progress then CR takes him off ?  

would like to see the fearless JV back again as he seems to have lost some confidence maybe with us buying Slimani I think the way to do this is play Shinji and Vards together for a few games, oh and we must get a decent quality creative midfielder in Jan to help DD .

Well that was utterly dreadful. Shame we made the mistake once we were on top and pushing for the win, but the first hour was unacceptable- no movement, no desire, no fight, no idea.

Oh, and an idea for the referee- if you book the keeper for time-wasting, you won't have to keep telling him to hurry up. Just a thought.

Thought we were actually better in the second half. If Musa had some balls and took on that great chance and Drinkwater didn't do a Morgan we'd have probably won that. Horrible first half though and we really need to sign a top quality right back, centre back and a central midfielder. 

We're being limited by our limited players at the minute and it's horrible to watch.

I think that the so-called excellent form in the Champions League has been misleading, as we have played some very ordinary/weak sides.

The body language of the team is so negative. It's as though the players have given up themselves.

A net transfer spend of circa £30m - including £40m on two forwards - and we look worse than last season.

Archived