Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

WBA Post match

Glimpses of ability, but mostly we just do not look sharp enough. Pretty even game won by us making the biggest mistake. I really hope we find our top form sometime during this season, as this is so frustrating... Too many players seem lacking at the moment..

14 points of 1st and 2 points off the relegation zone. Its looking like it isn't going to a be a vintage season. Lets hope the owners were canny enough to include relegation clauses in the new contracts. They must be wondering if they have been had. Paying 3 times as much for what!

Just now, 49er said:

I think that the so-called excellent form in the Champions League has been misleading, as we have played some very ordinary/weak sides.

The body language of the team is so negative. It's as though the players have given up themselves.

A net transfer spend of circa £30m - including £40m on two forwards - and we look worse than last season.

I don't think so, pretty much anybody with a brain could say we've looked pretty limited in most of those games. A lot of football fans just look at the end result though and base their opinions on that.

3 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I'm sorry but these slack performances are starting to wear thin. When did it become acceptable to play like we did in the first half? Absolutely no effort, no closing down and no running at their defence. Vardy comes on and suddenly we try for 30 minutes. Too many stray passes and too many players looking they don't give a shit. Pissed off doesn't even cover it. Sort it out Claudio, we are a ****ing shambles. 

Have to agree, it's almost as if they have been given a licence to not bother in league matches having played Champions League midweek.

No one competition should be held in higher regard than the league. My worry is whether the players have lost respect for the manager and are no longer trying for him. Something is wrong about the way they are being set up starting games like this. And lets not forget they are all on shedloads of money now as well.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Losing by three or four goals away is one thing...but this is far more worrying.

We wouldn't have lost today if Drinkwater hadn't made that dog shite of a back pass...West Brom were never gonna get the winner. But that's not the point...the point again is HOW we are playing. Zero shots (that's NONE) in the first half, followed by not really looking like equalizing after Phillips slotted home the winner.

Musa, I thought, was dreadful. Vardy looks like he can't hit a barn door. Drinkwater was hitting long ball after long ball.

Its now no excuse..the usual suspects will post to the tune of 'we were unlucky', 'we are focusing on the Chams League' and all that gubbins. But none of this excuses HOW we are playing. We no longer look the incisive, quick countering, free scoring, defensively solid side that we did last season. We look ponderous, short of ideas, susceptible to conceding every game and just lacking any clear game plan.

People might say we are going great in the Champs League. Well it's a bloody good job we had the group we had. If we'd been pitted against any team of note at present, we'd be struggling in that tournament too.

Very disappointing.

Any idea what the solution is Col? :(

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Remember when we used to pass and create and we played in little triangles and people posted vines and clips saying we play better than Barcelona?

Memories.

We are frankly disgusting to watch and becoming increasingly ineffective. Claudio is going full Italian on us now, our attacking tactics are countering, long ball and hope the wingers will do something. We'll stay up but I can't say I am proud of the team or enjoy games.

Honestly, the more time goes on, the more people will say that our success was built on foundations laid by Steve Walsh and Pearson, and Claudio was the lucky beneficiary of it last season.

We deserved to lose.

Awful, disgraceful.

In a game we should have been looking to win that was the worst we've played since Hull at home in the great escape season under NP.

Fans weren't up for it, Players weren't up for it.

I'll say no more.

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

We are frankly disgusting to watch and becoming increasingly ineffective. Claudio is going full Italian on us now, our attacking tactics are countering, long ball and hope the wingers will do something. We'll stay up but I can't say I am proud of the team or enjoy games.

Honestly, the more time goes on, the more people will say that our success was built on foundations laid by Steve Walsh and Pearson, and Claudio was the lucky beneficiary of it last season.

Here we go again..

Morgan and Huth should be ashamed of themselves today! Once again Rondon bullied them something silly, especially Wes. Even 3 of them at times couldnt handle the hoofs towards him. I cant say I have ever seen a striker bully them like Rondon has done in the past but today was a real low regarding them.

Zieler made another top save but he just doesnt seem to have the confidence of those around him. The amount of time he took with his kicks was really annoying and it seems like the defence arent that sure of him yet. For the 2nd goal I thought his positioning was weak. I expected him to come steaming out to boot it clear but nothing.

King had one of his off days. We know what he gives but today was a bad day. It wasnt just him though as DD had an average game and Okazaki was non-existent.

Mahrez was easily our best player IMO and in the 2nd half Musa was playing well. I dont criticise CR often but taking Musa off was a bit of a weird one as he started to get the ball down and use his strengths. One thing that keeps creeping up on Musa is his unselfishness though. He needs to start being a bit more selfish. That time when he beat two men and got so close to go was the typical example. He needs to shoot there as the goal was gaping. Instead he looks for a pass that wasnt there. Hopefully he will come good though. Gray did some nice things on the left himself but we cant play all our wingers lol

Vardy came on and added a spark as usual. He and Slimani dont seem to link up well as a couple of times they had the perfect chance to put each other through and nothing. I feel sorry for Vards mostly as even DD and Kingy had balls to put through when he made runs and he just isnt getting the pass these days.

Anyway, we are gonna win the Champions League and FA Cup so I dont give a shite about the league. 40 points will do!!!

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We're no where near a relegation team.

That is patently not true though.

We barely average a point a game and look like were frightened of controlling a game ourselves so just whack it long every time we get hold of it.

After today I genuinely think we're the worst side to watch in the league this season. Long balls to nobody every single time. Fancy pumping 60 yard balls from defence at Demarai Gray's head; the kid is one of the best young players in the country and we're treating him like he's Fash the Bash for ****'s sake.

When is somebody going to wake up and understand that when we have Kante it was 12 men on the pitch, with Andy King its 9.5 players on the pitch.

It is that simple.  Drop the clown and play anyone else, anyone, call up Hamza Choudhury.  Not ANdy King, let him stick to doing silly magazine interviews and shops shop modeling

Archived