Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Wilfred Ndidi

We've had some guys out in South America apparently. Possibly where our winger could come from? A few roomies floating around that we're going back in for Kean too. I'd like to think we will go for a striker too.....we won't get buy on Okazaki, Vards and Ulloa whilst Slims away.....

5 hours ago, Callabinho said:

We've had some guys out in South America apparently. Possibly where our winger could come from? A few roomies floating around that we're going back in for Kean too. I'd like to think we will go for a striker too.....we won't get buy on Okazaki, Vards and Ulloa whilst Slims away.....

I said the same thing the January just gone lol 

Looks like we have our back up right back then?

"With Nigeria struggling for a reliable right-back in their opening World Cup qualifier against Zambia, Ndidi was drafted to fill the role. "

Let's hope he's decent but just as important let's hope Claudio thinks he's ready and doesn't have him lingering around the under 23s for the rest of the season

I don't understand the 'we need to buy proven Premiership players' comments.

Who in the right mind is going to sell proven premiership players in January?

Also, we have made all of our success by signing players with a point to prove. Players from lower reaches with the desire to succeed.

Mark my words, this lad looks exceptional and I think he will make a huge difference to our team.

On 14.12.2016 at 13:39, OllieLodge96 said:

According to Leicester Mercury, Ndidi has himself confirmed he is coming to Leicester. We need a creative midfielder now - Possibly Sigurdsson or Ilicic. I would even be tempted to go in for McCarthy from Everton

Well, is it just me or does that sound both pretty awful and unprofessional?

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

I think its well documented that he's here - his old club have even said as much and people he knows have tweeted it.

Can't really keep secrets in this day and age - club though won't confirm until Jan 1st no doubt.

No big thing.

Thought this was interesting off whoscored. He's hopefully very similar to kanté, if not quite as polished:

"At his age, Ndidi remains very much a diamond in the rough, but his impact in midfield ensured Genk secured their place in the next round of the Europa League as they topped Group F. Ndidi made more tackles and interceptions combined (71) than any other player in the group stages, signifying his tenacity in pursuit of possession and impressive energy levels. Kante’s greatest quality is his ability to dominate the midfield, often covering as much ground as two men, and his sale was always going to negatively impact Leicester.

The Foxes remain a team who will look to play a direct style, noted in that their average possession this season (44.5%) ranks lowly in the Premier League, but the lack of quality ball winning midfielder hindered their approach. Indeed, four attempts on goal from counter-attacking situations from 16 league games this season, a huge drop from the 18 attempts last term, suggests they have missed the necessary player to help soak up pressure before aggressively robbing opponents to catch teams on the break. Given his performances in Europe this season, Ndidi is the player Leicester require and it’s little surprise to see them look to push the deal over the line as quickly as possible.

That being said, there is work to be done on Ndidi’s game that Ranieri will hope to improve upon. A 79.5% pass success rate is low for a midfielder, but then the Nigerian’s stand out trait is not to keep the team ticking over. Genk had four counter-attacking attempts on goal in their six Europa League group games, so their style is not too dissimilar to Leicester’s, which is naturally a boost to the Premier League champions. Ndidi will undoubtedly strengthen this Foxes team with the youngster hoping to prove capable of filling the huge gap Kante left when he departed for Chelsea over the summer."

9 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

he's 19, probably just became a millionaire and just a little bit excited about arguably the biggest event in his life! Give him a break!

9 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think its well documented that he's here - his old club have even said as much and people he knows have tweeted it.

Can't really keep secrets in this day and age - club though won't confirm until Jan 1st no doubt.

No big thing.

It really is no secret..

Archived