Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

I think Musa should fight with Slimani/Okazaki for the role behind Vardy. He doesn't get in ahead of either of them, but if we're ever a goal or 2 up he'd be a decent counter attacking threat to bring off the bench.

Slimani = target man/physicality

Okazaki = workrate

Musa = counter attack

all 3 of them give us different options for that position.

Edited by foxes21

I'm not ready to judge. He hasn't had a great amount of game time. I thought he would after Palace and Spurs games but I was clearly wrong. 

Last night he played a good cross in to be fair, not his fault we couldn't score from 2 yards out. The cushion back from Vardy was good too.

All players deserve a decent chance before being judged. £16m or £30m doesn't say to me impact substitute - it says to me you should be a key team player with the team set up around your strengths. They haven't had that yet. Eventually he will be our left winger I think. There is no way we carry on hoping that Albrightons chipped balls over the top start working! Jeff and Gray are the alternatives. One is awful and one has clearly slept with Ranieris daughter.

Edited by Eskay

20 minutes ago, Eskay said:

I'm not ready to judge. He hasn't had a great amount of game time. I thought he would after Palace and Spurs games but I was clearly wrong. 

Last night he played a good cross in to be fair, not his fault we couldn't score from 2 yards out. The cushion back from Vardy was good too.

All players deserve a decent chance before being judged. £16m or £30m doesn't say to me impact substitute - it says to me you should be a key team player with the team set up around your strengths. They haven't had that yet. Eventually he will be our left winger I think. There is no way we carry on hoping that Albrightons chipped balls over the top start working! Jeff and Gray are the alternatives. One is awful and one has clearly slept with Ranieris daughter.

He's a fast car without a steering wheel, uncomfortable with the ball, his first touch is awful as well as his finish. You don't need 10 games to understand that it's not with this kind of players you're going to try fast one touch combinations. His footballistic ECG is flat and that's not gonna change.

I can get that he's not used to be a winger, so I'll excuse his bad positioning but still can't believe how he easily lost the ball on a counter although there were miles of space and a real possibility to score. But no, just ran straight at the FB and gently gave him the ball back.

If there was any player who'd deserve more time that would be Gray. He has potential and is not afraid of the ball. I'm supposing that he's not getting game time because of his behaviour in the dressing room. Can't see any other reason.

Guest CityFan 06

Because he's not playing regularly we're not seeing the best of him, and I still think he has a lot to offer us personally. Potential is there. 

I don't rate him as a wide player, but then I never thought he was a wide player?  I thought that he played for CSKA as an out-and-out striker, and scored lots of goals through the middle. That's why we bought him.

It is strange to spend £16m on a player who plays Vardy's position, and then try and shoe-horn him into the team as a winger. But it seems that so many teams try and put strikers on the wing, like England with Rooney and then Vardy. It very rarely works.

We should play him as a striker or not at all. At the minute we are just letting his confidence dribble away through lots of frustrating cameo appearances out of position.

Honestly can't believe people still  defend Musa. Barcelona aside, he's been an utter waste of space, our worst player this season which says a lot, and it was always clear that he would be. You can't expect to play in the Premier League (as an attacking player) when lacking a first touch and any sort of technique. Have no idea what Walsh was thinking with this one

I find it so bloody funny, that we have a topic on Musa, leaning towards the negative in every 2nd post....but!!!

I cant find single player threads on one from any of our failing PL heroes from last season.

The back 6-7, are not putting in that fight or intensity, we saw so much of last season.

At present I cant see why either Musa/Mendy/Slim should be seen to be wearing the

scapegoat jacket, despite various price tags.

• Like 1

I don't know why people are jumping on the new signings so much. Surely it should be the job of last seasons team to play to the same standard (Impossible so I would say similar standard) and help the newer players aclimatise to English football. Its similar to Amartey. Yes he hasn't been brilliant but he is new to premier league football which is a quicker pace to his previous league and I think recently he has shown more ability and more confidence, yet every game he is singled out despite his partner who has been at the club for a decade and is 6 years older then him, and plays just as poorly, if not worse, is let off with less critisism because he seems to be a cult figure on here with people unable to seperate ability and loyalty.

Chilwell too. Yes he was at fault for a few of the goals against Porto but the reaction on here was sickening. People shouting to sell him and get him out of the club based on one performance which involved the second string team. People forget that Fuchs has a second LB helping him out all the time and has years of experience playing in top leagues. Chilwell has played less then 10 senior games for Leicester yet he is never going to make it here accoarding to some people.

I dont mind people having a moan, oh Musa/Amartey/Chilwell/Hernandez played badly today and shouldn't be in the line up next week, but to throw them in the trash based on a few performances in a struggling team is just wrong and is the opposite of what we as fans should do.

(Also I dont seem to remember people saying he has a poor first touch when he should have had a penalty against Arsenal, or scored against Palace and Tottenham, maybe he is just low on confidence and out of form like the rest of the team)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheMightySystem said:

I don't know why people are jumping on the new signings so much. Surely it should be the job of last seasons team to play to the same standard (Impossible so I would say similar standard) and help the newer players aclimatise to English football. Its similar to Amartey. Yes he hasn't been brilliant but he is new to premier league football which is a quicker pace to his previous league and I think recently he has shown more ability and more confidence, yet every game he is singled out despite his partner who has been at the club for a decade and is 6 years older then him, and plays just as poorly, if not worse, is let off with less critisism because he seems to be a cult figure on here with people unable to seperate ability and loyalty.

Chilwell too. Yes he was at fault for a few of the goals against Porto but the reaction on here was sickening. People shouting to sell him and get him out of the club based on one performance which involved the second string team. People forget that Fuchs has a second LB helping him out all the time and has years of experience playing in top leagues. Chilwell has played less then 10 senior games for Leicester yet he is never going to make it here accoarding to some people.

I dont mind people having a moan, oh Musa/Amartey/Chilwell/Hernandez played badly today and shouldn't be in the line up next week, but to throw them in the trash based on a few performances in a struggling team is just wrong and is the opposite of what we as fans should do.

(Also I dont seem to remember people saying he has a poor first touch when he should have had a penalty against Arsenal, or scored against Palace and Tottenham, maybe he is just low on confidence and out of form like the rest of the team)

It's more than a few games. If it was a few games, then ok. But have you not looked at our away record? We are shocking away from home. And I think we just have some poor players. The recent signings have not improved the squad one little bit. Even Slim...don't look any better than Okazaki IMO.

I'm afraid that yours is yet another 'give it time it'll be ok' type post. Personally, I'd rather study how we are playing than keep on defending certain players who are simply just not good enough at this level. Or certainly don't look it anyway. 

How anyone can defend 1 away point from 24 is frankly, beyond me. Hope is fine. And we all have it. But that stat on its own tells us that we are doing something seriously wrong when not at the KP.

Edited by Col city fan

Seems this is the norm around here

1st PL Season = cant adjust to the league.  Not worth anything.  Needs to be traded.

2nd Season = one of the best we have.  Needs to start every game.  When not starting, we struggle.

For examples....see threads from 2 years ago on Vardy, and last year on Okazaki.

How about the guy be given a chance - a chance to play consistently before we declare him a bust.    

Edited by marbles

On 12/14/2016 at 16:43, Fox Ulike said:

I don't rate him as a wide player, but then I never thought he was a wide player?  I thought that he played for CSKA as an out-and-out striker, and scored lots of goals through the middle. That's why we bought him.

It is strange to spend £16m on a player who plays Vardy's position, and then try and shoe-horn him into the team as a winger. But it seems that so many teams try and put strikers on the wing, like England with Rooney and then Vardy. It very rarely works.

We should play him as a striker or not at all. At the minute we are just letting his confidence dribble away through lots of frustrating cameo appearances out of position.

He played winger for Moscow a fair bit towards the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, marbles said:

Seems this is the norm around here

1st PL Season = cant adjust to the league.  Not worth anything.  Needs to be traded.

2nd Season = one of the best we have.  Needs to start every game.  When not starting, we struggle.

For examples....see threads from 2 years ago on Vardy, and last year on Okazaki.

How about the guy be given a chance - a chance to play consistently before we declare him a bust.    

Bit harsh to Okazaki. It says more about their own football knowledge than anything for someone to suggest Shinji wasn't good enough last season.

I do see your point though just think that's not the best example. On the other hand, you also have examples like Kramaric, Inler, Benalouane where it hasn't worked out.

1 hour ago, CityFan 06 said:

Still more to come from him in my view but I'm most likely alone in saying that. 

No you aren't. The FT faithful are doing their usual thing of condemning a player who is proven to be good, but is simply playing in a naff side at the moment. You put Musa elsewhere, you'd see a different player.

We've seen what he can do, at Wembley. He's getting little time and fookin awful service to be able to shine.

I hate to be proven right on this but I did say he was rubbish back in January.

Im fed up with speed merchants who can barely control a ball (Schlupp, Musa etc). I'm also tired of central midfielders who refuse to pass the ball forward  (King, Amartey). 

What I'd do to get someone like Jack Wiltshire in our side. 

Guest CityFan 06
1 minute ago, Koke said:

I hate to be proven right on this but I did say he was rubbish back in January.

Im fed up with speed merchants who can barely control a ball (Schlupp, Musa etc). I'm also tired of central midfielders who refuse to pass the ball forward  (King, Amartey). 

What I'd do to get someone like Jack Wiltshire in our side. 

I said/thought at the time Wilshere was a great signing for Bournemouth. He'd suit us well.