Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

Guest Danny Clender
On 12/14/2016 at 16:47, m4DD0gg said:

Wasn't this donkey a Steve Walsh signing?

Couldn't have been, Steve Walsh is why we are where we are today.  

It must have been a scam.

11 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Lloyd Dyer was better than he's been so far. 

Do you mean the Lloyd Dyer that ripped it up in LEAGUE 1, and then did well in a great team under Pearson in THE CHAMPIONSHIP before leaving the club when we got promoted?

I loved Dyer.

But it's a daft comparison to make. 

• Like 3

There's more to come from Musa.

I thought to be fair in the 2 players for every position theme he was to be Vardy's no.2 where as Slimani was meant to be no.1 and Okazaki his number 2 - sort of like for like.

I didn't expect him to play on the wing unless he was part of a front 3 which won't happen under Claudio....

The fact he's been used on the wing surprises me as he's not a great crosser of the ball but his pace causes danger and he's a better alternative than Jeff and can tear tired defences a new one once run ragged by Albrighton.

It doesn't surprise me that Claudio is still chasing a winger as I don't think Musa was purchased for that purpose nevermind the fact he's played in the position a fair bit.

Gray will be good and I'm sure will be Mahrez's number 2 - but he's not the finished article yet in terms of his defensive abilities and decision making.

Claudio I think is still building a 22 man squad of like for like players - Musa is just a stop gap I reckon as a winger right now, a square peg in a round hole an all that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Do you mean the Lloyd Dyer that ripped it up in LEAGUE 1, and then did well in a great team under Pearson in THE CHAMPIONSHIP before leaving the club when we got promoted?

I loved Dyer.

But it's a daft comparison to make. 

Not really though is it musa looks a championship player at best.

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

There's more to come from Musa.

I thought to be fair in the 2 players for every position theme he was to be Vardy's no.2 where as Slimani was meant to be no.1 and Okazaki his number 2 - sort of like for like.

I didn't expect him to play on the wing unless he was part of a front 3 which won't happen under Claudio....

The fact he's been used on the wing surprises me as he's not a great crosser of the ball but his pace causes danger and he's a better alternative than Jeff and can tear tired defences a new one once run ragged by Albrighton.

It doesn't surprise me that Claudio is still chasing a winger as I don't think Musa was purchased for that purpose nevermind the fact he's played in the position a fair bit.

Gray will be good and I'm sure will be Mahrez's number 2 - but he's not the finished article yet in terms of his defensive abilities and decision making.

Claudio I think is still building a 22 man squad of like for like players - Musa is just a stop gap I reckon as a winger right now, a square peg in a round hole an all that.

He was bought to do a bit of both. But then why keep Ulloa, why keep Schlupp? Can't believe how many wingers we have, all but two being fast but shit with the ball and unable to bring it down (never saw Kapi so I won't comment on him).

For me the purchases this summer show that Ranieri never wanted to play anything else other than his 4-4-2 with a gameplay based essentially on the wings, the midfield being only used for ball recuperation. Well pretty much like last year. Not buying a decent FB was criminal.

Edited by ZeGuy

2 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

He was bought to do a bit of both. But then why keep Ulloa, why keep Schlupp? Can't believe how many wingers we have, all but two being fast but shit with the ball and unable to bring it down (never saw Kapi so I won't comment on him).

For me the purchases this summer show that Ranieri never wanted to play anything else other than his 4-4-2 with a gameplay based essentially on the wings, the midfield being only used for ball recuperation. Well pretty much like last year. Not buying a decent FB was criminal.

Well I think we'll sell both and I don't think not getting a FB was through lack of trying.

I also think he sees Albrighton eventually as the number 2 and wants a new starting winger.

22 hours ago, Watson said:

Bit harsh to Okazaki. It says more about their own football knowledge than anything for someone to suggest Shinji wasn't good enough last season.

I do see your point though just think that's not the best example. On the other hand, you also have examples like Kramaric, Inler, Benalouane where it hasn't worked out.

I agree it was harsh - but there were people on here last season complaining about Okazaki, and look how he's turned out.

Im just saying we need to give Musa time to adjust to the league, the formation and his teammates - which is hard to do while sitting on the bench.

I've actually enjoyed watching him play - especially when he is out on the wing.  He's extremely fast and does a good job of getting the ball into the box.

I for one would like to see him replace Albrighton in the starting lineup for at least a dozen games.

Edited by marbles

• 2 months later...