Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ulloa

Will miss Leo. Do not blame him for wanting a move and regular playing time. His scoring spree early in the Great Escape season and so many big goals last year were essential in getting us where we are today.

Wish we could hold on to him but can't fault him for wanting more playing time.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Ulloa.

He's always carried himself as a top professional - no matter what your thoughts are on his contribution to the team/squad, to me he had earnt the respect for the  wishes of a transfer to be granted without the need of a formal request. But i have to respect him even more now because he now loses out on some loyalty payments ( part of his contract structure)...

Slimani is Ulloa's replacement. If on the last day of the summer transfer window we had sold Ulloa for 10m right after Slimani was confirmed, no one would have batted an eyelid. Plus we are probably switching formation to play 1 up front and therefore don't need 5 strikers.

This is probably going to happen, now that Slim is most likely coming back early..

6 hours ago, ARCHER said:

Oh no, the apostrophe police are coming!

No, the 'It's a totally different word WITHOUT the apostrophe' police are coming.

Were and We are are different in meaning, no? I can cope with bad spelling, but it's a bit tricky when it becomes a word that exists without the punctuation. If people want to be understood via written medium, make an effort to be understood.

5 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

guess you missed norwich and west ham at home last season

Appreciative of what he did on those two occasions, but does that make him a legend? On that basis, the following should receive similar acclaim:

- Danny Simpson for stopping (handling) Mane's shot as he rounded Kasper 

- Jeff Schlupp for being bundled over by Carroll and winning a penalty

- Robert Huth scoring twice against Man City

If Ulloa goes for, say, £10m and Schlupp's transfer has bought in a further £12.5m, take away Ndidi's fee of £15m, leaves us with a net surplus of £7.5m. If the rumours are true that the owners were making £30m available to CR to ensure we stay in the Premier League, that leaves another £37.5m in the kitty.If so, get Keane and Sigurddson in!

6 minutes ago, 49er said:

Appreciative of what he did on those two occasions, but does that make him a legend? On that basis, the following should receive similar acclaim:

- Danny Simpson for stopping (handling) Mane's shot as he rounded Kasper 

- Jeff Schlupp for being bundled over by Carroll and winning a penalty

- Robert Huth scoring twice against Man City

Everyone who contributed to us WINNING THE PREMIER LEAGUE is a legend in my eyes!

5 minutes ago, 49er said:

If Ulloa goes for, say, £10m and Schlupp's transfer has bought in a further £12.5m, take away Ndidi's fee of £15m, leaves us with a net surplus of £7.5m. If the rumours are true that the owners were making £30m available to CR to ensure we stay in the Premier League, that leaves another £37.5m in the kitty.If so, get Keane and Sigurddson in!

that would maybe buy you one plus half of one of other.

and im pretty certain that no Spanish side will pay more than 6m for him max. if we want 10m + then he has to be sold to a prem side and I don't think we would do that (west brom apart and he may as well stay here as play second fiddle to rondon)

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

that would maybe buy you one plus half of one of other.

and im pretty certain that no Spanish side will pay more than 6m for him max. if we want 10m + then he has to be sold to a prem side and I don't think we would do that (west brom apart and he may as well stay here as play second fiddle to rondon)

Why wouldn't we want to see to another team in the Premier League? Schlupp went to Palace. If he's not part of our plans and wants to go, we need to sell to the highest bidder.

Archived