Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ulloa

34 minutes ago, 49er said:

Appreciative of what he did on those two occasions, but does that make him a legend? On that basis, the following should receive similar acclaim:

- Danny Simpson for stopping (handling) Mane's shot as he rounded Kasper 

- Jeff Schlupp for being bundled over by Carroll and winning a penalty

- Robert Huth scoring twice against Man City

Wasn't hand ball.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

What is it you're clinging onto? Hoping he will play again for us?

Nope, if he goes he goes, but just pointing out at the mo he's still on our books ...     And personally ....     I liked him and think he's worth hanging on to.   As a double act/impact sub, him and Shinji took some beating. 

Just now, Countryfox said:

Nope, if he goes he goes, but just pointing out at the mo he's still on our books ...     And personally ....     I liked him and think he's worth hanging on to.   As a double act/impact sub, him and Shinji took some beating. 

Oh i think there are very few people who dont think he's worth hanging onto when it comes to his skill lvl... but he doesnt play, wrong side of 30 and we have a 10m+ bid on the table AND he wants to go...

50 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

No, the 'It's a totally different word WITHOUT the apostrophe' police are coming.

Were and We are are different in meaning, no? I can cope with bad spelling, but it's a bit tricky when it becomes a word that exists without the punctuation. If people want to be understood via written medium, make an effort to be understood.

Edited, haha.

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Oh i think there are very few people who dont think he's worth hanging onto when it comes to his skill lvl... but he doesnt play, wrong side of 30 and we have a 10m+ bid on the table AND he wants to go...

If you are not wanted  - which clearly he isn't  he must ask to go........ he would stay if City did him right with improved terms just like most of the other players last season.

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

Number one priority ...   Stay in the Prem ...   To be brutally honest, as he is still under contract, I would keep him for now till that goal is reached and then ...    If that's still what everybody wants ...    Let him go in the summer.  There is only one person above him in the pecking order for that role and that's Slimani ....   As CR says, if they want to go let them go ....    When we are ready.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

No, the 'It's a totally different word WITHOUT the apostrophe' police are coming.

Were and We are are different in meaning, no? I can cope with bad spelling, but it's a bit tricky when it becomes a word that exists without the punctuation. If people want to be understood via written medium, make an effort to be understood.

I guess it's the difference between 'knowing your shit' and 'knowing you're shit' :huh:

35 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Number one priority ...   Stay in the Prem ...   To be brutally honest, as he is still under contract, I would keep him for now till that goal is reached and then ...    If that's still what everybody wants ...    Let him go in the summer.  There is only one person above him in the pecking order for that role and that's Slimani ....   As CR says, if they want to go let them go ....    When we are ready.

I'd say it would affect you're chances of staying in the prem if you play a stiker who clearly doesnt want to be here.... Did you see him when he came on the other day? Looked totally dejected!

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'll miss Leo. Seems like an honest bloke. Good pro if somewhat limited in ability but scored some crucial goals for us. I wish him well and thanks for the memories.

Fans favourite? Possibly

Cult hero? Maybe

Leicester legend? No, not for me 

Legend is clearly a matter of perspective (he is for me for winning the league with Leicester) but nobody can deny that he's an absolute fans favourite and his chant alone makes him a cult hero.

Players like Leo don't come around that often. From his debut he's had a great afinity with the fans and I hope this last 6 months hasn't tarnished his opinion of Leicester City. I hope he realises that he's adored here and is welcome anytime he likes.

Very sad. Undervalued here, by fans as well as staff by the looks of things. 

This represents on a wider level where the club is going imo. More about big wages and possible wonder kids, less about grafters and unfashionable but effective players in their prime. Could work out beautifully but I thought what we had last year was worth keeping together where possible in honesty. Hope my gut instinct is wrong. 

Understand the position he's in but surely he'd stay a few more months till the end of the season? I know the odds are against us beating Sevilla but we're only a few injuries away from him being in the starting line up and playing in a once in a lifetime tournament for a few more games. Then he can leave happily in the summer which is as I say not long away.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I'll miss Leo. Seems like an honest bloke. Good pro if somewhat limited in ability but scored some crucial goals for us. I wish him well and thanks for the memories.

Fans favourite? Possibly

Cult hero? Maybe

Leicester legend? No, not for me 

For me :

scorer of some unforgettable and highly important goals for LCFC. Treated unfairly.

Fans Favourite ? Definitely

Cult hero ?    Absolutely

Leicester Legend ? Unquestionably

Replacement striker needed?

If we stick with a 4-3-3 then we would only need 1 central striker. Slimani/Vardy/Okazaki 

I think we need another player similar to Ulloa who can hold the ball up and win some headers, in case Slimani gets injured.

Wouldn't spend a load, maybe a promising youngster who will be ok being 3rd/4th choice this season but still able enough if called upon. 

ohhhh his name is Leonardo!!

Forever Leicester's number 23

He's given us some fantastic memories back in the Premier League but I think everyone acknowledges he deserves to play first team football.

Sadly that's not gonna happen here and it's time for us to cash in and move forward with the squad.

All the best Leo and you'll be welcomed back fondly if/when playing us :)

11 hours ago, 49er said:

Appreciative of what he did on those two occasions, but does that make him a legend? On that basis, the following should receive similar acclaim:

- Danny Simpson for stopping (handling) Mane's shot as he rounded Kasper 

- Jeff Schlupp for being bundled over by Carroll and winning a penalty

- Robert Huth scoring twice against Man City

Huth and Simpson are 100% legends! 

Simpson is the best RB since Pontus Kamark and Huth (one) of best CB since Matt Elliot.

2 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Huth and Simpson are 100% legends! 

Simpson is the best RB since Pontus Kamark and Huth (one) of best CB since Matt Elliot.

And yet before Simpson made the RB spot his last season it seemed everyone despised him. 

Archived