Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ulloa

3 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

if we are switching to 4-3-3/playing a lone striker permanently, then I guess we don't really need him. Slimani/Vardy will rotate & Musa will be back up. Also we have Shinji if we want to switch to 4-4-1-1.

4-4-2 does seem to be dead. Partly due to the midfield being over run and also because our two best strikers don't seem to be able to play with eachother as a two. 

4-3-3 and 4-4-1-1 seem to be the most logical choices going forward. Still would like to keep Ulloa as if Slimani is injured or banned, then we have no real threat in the air or someone to hold the ball up

Must keep.  A real unsung hero from last season.  He scored some really important goals last season and has done the same this season.  I'd be really disappointed to see him go, especially in the January window.  I thought it would be more likely that he would wait until the summer and move back to Brighton.

Nothing but respect for the guy.

Don't understand the attitude of one or two folks on here.

Leo has been a brilliant servant to the club and his attitude has always been first class.

He is 30 and did not play in the Premier League until he was 28.

If it is true that a middling Spanish club wants him but wouldn't be able to pay the inflated transfer fees demanded for established Premier League players, it is likely that the wages they could pay would also be less than he is earning at City.

He may be quite happy with less money if he is going to play every week.

If nobody meets the club's valuation when it is getting close to the window, I think to be fair to the player he should be allowed to go to Spain on loan for the rest of the season.

Far better this than allow him to go to another Premier League club, when our league position is so unsatisfactory.

We also get him back in the summer, with a much longer transfer window.

2 hours ago, foxhateram said:

Gutted if he goes. Honestly one of the players who give 100% all of the time. I think he's been treated poorly, especially this year, where others have been off form or even completely pants and yet Ulloa still doesn't get on. Musa playing ahead of him (when he cant kick a ball) next to Vardy (who are both far too similer) against Chelsea was the last straw it seems. 

He wasn't in the squad v Chelsea due to injury 

31 minutes ago, Moksky said:

He wasn't in the squad v Chelsea due to injury 

My apologies i did not realise this. He still hasn't been given enough of a run, in my opinion he has been effective in the time he has had. He came really close with a few chances the other week, one header that forced a good save springs to mind. 

6 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

My apologies i did not realise this. He still hasn't been given enough of a run, in my opinion he has been effective in the time he has had. He came really close with a few chances the other week, one header that forced a good save springs to mind. 

Certain games he has been effective. Middlebro away was non effective and tbh if he hadn't got injured v Everton we would be out of the FA CUP as we had no counter attacking threat whatsoever. 

We really do need Ulloa. Without Slimani we have no ariel presence and the style we play that's needed. If anything Ulloa can be better than Slimani in some games as he is a lot better than Slimani with the ball at his feet. Who would we replace him with? Not many players would be happy about sitting on the bench every week. 

14 minutes ago, Firegrande said:

Ulloa will be going nowhere in this window

Claudio wants to keep him around what with Slimani at the African Cup Of Nations 

I'm confused - if Algeria make the final then slim will miss one game after the window closes (Man U ) 

so worst way we arent selling leo at the end of the window in case we need him for one game in Feb  ? (If vardy is suspended or injured)

ive heard the argument made today but it makes no sense to me.

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I'm confused - if Algeria make the final then slim will miss one game after the window closes (Man U ) 

so worst way we arent selling leo at the end of the window in case we need him for one game in Feb  ? (If vardy is suspended or injured)

ive heard the argument made today but it makes no sense to me.

And if Slim gets injured? Plus they never are up to speed once back from it too 

Ulloa will always be in my heart. Crucial goals against Norwich, West Ham and Swansea. Not to mention the 12 goals he scored in the great escape.

Also, the Ulloa chant is my favourite.

Guest seanfox778

Really like Ulloa, such a great pro but I think he deserves first team football and he's not going to get that here so we should let him go. If it happens, It'll be like the end of Aladdin when he uses his final wish to set the genie free. 

7 hours ago, RoyFox said:

Won't go unless we get a replacement.

Replacement third choice striker

who would come to be that?

not even Zaza 

we should have a kid coming through who is able to take that on but we clealry don't.  Does anyone have any WD40 for steveie Howard's joints?

Archived