Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ulloa

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Replacement third choice striker

who would come to be that?

not even Zaza 

we should have a kid coming through who is able to take that on but we clealry don't.  Does anyone have any WD40 for steveie Howard's joints?

Cafu, Selke, Hogan would.

I find it sad that we're treating Leo in this way, especially after Ranieri has stated that he wouldn't stop anyone leaving that wanted to. Leo's been good for us, has earned his corn and like a true professional wants to play football from a starting line up on a regular basis. I had half expected him to finish up back with Brighton. Go get your transfer Leo many of us appreciate what you've done for us.

28 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I find it sad that we're treating Leo in this way, especially after Ranieri has stated that he wouldn't stop anyone leaving that wanted to. Leo's been good for us, has earned his corn and like a true professional wants to play football from a starting line up on a regular basis. I had half expected him to finish up back with Brighton. Go get your transfer Leo many of us appreciate what you've done for us.

Treating him in what way? Most people would clean his boots with their tongues for a part of the money he is on. It's not exactly Mike Ashley sweatshop in Bangladesh or wherever material is it. 

He has been a great servant to the club and fair enough he wants first team football. But I think we have the right as he is under contract to us, to have time to find a replacement for him before allowing him to leave. This could easily have been kept in-house. His agent is doing his job and causing a scene to get people interested that's all. Not like we will be installing chains on the bench at the KP to bind him to.

7 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

But I think we have the right as he is under contract to us, to have time to find a replacement for him before allowing him to leave. This could easily have been kept in-house. His agent is doing his job and causing a scene to get people interested that's all. Not like we will be installing chains on the bench at the KP to bind him to.

A valid point, but I'd rather we don't keep players against their will and have under-performers by "I want to leave" attitude....see Schlupp's performances, plus it highlights Ranieri as a liar.

6 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

A valid point, but I'd rather we don't keep players against their will and have under-performers by "I want to leave" attitude....see Schlupp's performances, plus it highlights Ranieri as a liar.

Don't think it highlights him as a liar. Say Vardy Mahrez or Kasper put in a transfer request with 2 weeks or less before the window shut. We can't just say OK see ya. We need a replacement in. And we have the right to try and recoup as much a fee as possible IMO. 

He has said he wants to leave and I genuinely believe that Ranieri will let him go but it has to be right for the club. He's not being a liar he's being a good manager and doing what is right for the club over what is right for an individual.

53 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

You're being very naive, He is very much a fans favourite but there is no sentiment in Football, We all know it's a results business and he hasn't offered enough this season when given his chance.

CR is trying to take us to the next level, in that we'll have a younger profile better players and a consistent top 10 Side. Young players can sit on the Bench and deliver when called upon. It's much harder when players get older.  Ulloa is good enough to do a job for someone else which also keeps him playing. Allowing him that opportunity is not being disloyal to him. He leaves with fond memories and a League title while we have an opportunity to recoup our outlay on him and bring in a Younger player. I'm sure he'll get his wish before the window closes.

It's rather an echo of desrtfox2 post, which I've answered, I express my opinions, as that's what we do on forums, you can take it leave it afaic. I fail to see how my point of view differs from yours

39 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

You're being very naive, He is very much a fans favourite but there is no sentiment in Football, We all know it's a results business and he hasn't offered enough this season when given his chance.

CR is trying to take us to the next level, in that we'll have a younger profile better players and a consistent top 10 Side. Young players can sit on the Bench and deliver when called upon. It's much harder when players get older.  Ulloa is good enough to do a job for someone else which also keeps him playing. Allowing him that opportunity is not being disloyal to him. He leaves with fond memories and a League title while we have an opportunity to recoup our outlay on him and bring in a Younger player. I'm sure he'll get his wish before the window closes.

Your post confuses me,  as you are arguing the same case that I am...I take it you consider yourself to be naive also. How strange....

One of the most memorable things ever was his penalty against west ham to keep our title in grasp, took massive balls.. He might be slowing down but he's been invaluable for us. Wish him all teh best.

Say the same as I do with every player.... If he don't wanna be here then we don't want him here. Understand his reasons for not wanting to be here etc but we need players that are fully committed. 

46 minutes ago, Bert said:

Say the same as I do with every player.... If he don't wanna be here then we don't want him here. Understand his reasons for not wanting to be here etc but we need players that are fully committed. 

Exactly Bert if his heart isn't in it then it's not even worth putting him in the squad look at Jeff against Porto

47 minutes ago, Bert said:

Absolutely. Ulloa needs to be motivated to be capable of performing at this level, he's not a player who has enough ability to coast through games. I see little point in keeping him for another 6 months, as long as he isn't sold to a relegation rival. If we need another option up front then I would try and loan someone rather than panic buy.

1 hour ago, smr said:

One of the most memorable things ever was his penalty against west ham to keep our title in grasp, took massive balls.. He might be slowing down but he's been invaluable for us. Wish him all teh best.

Absolutely, the tension at the end was unbearable, thank god he scored.

1 hour ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

wish him all the best. As said, the west ham penalty was a crucial moment!

Surely Norwich at home (the earthquake goal) was more important, but less ballsy!

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

Sad to see him go. I don't think Ulloa ever made me question his heart or effort, which I greatly respect. 

Agreed. He might 'want out' but I wouldn't question his motivation if he makes appearances in the mean time. Let him go, we owe it to him

Archived