Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ulloa

1 hour ago, dayday said:

Absolutely, the tension at the end was unbearable, thank god he scored.

As soon as Moss pointed to the spot, Leo was immediately asking for the ball.  When I saw that, it calmed me straight away and I had no doubt he'd score.  That and the earthquake goal against Norwich were just two moments in a sea of hundreds from that season that i'll cherish forever.

Good luck to him.

16 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

Really like Ulloa, such a great pro but I think he deserves first team football and he's not going to get that here so we should let him go. If it happens, It'll be like the end of Aladdin when he uses his final wish to set the genie free. 

Spoiler alert :)

50 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Rumours we have offered him a new three year deal

if so could be two reasons

1) we can sell him for more in he summer 

2) we are worried about going down - he will be one of the few that would happily stay 

Would he stay though? He is getting offers from the prem and abroad! Similarly we will never get more in the summer as he will hardly play between now and then and teams are less desperate. 

Seems very odd to offer him a new contract.

4 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Would he stay though? He is getting offers from the prem and abroad! Similarly we will never get more in the summer as he will hardly play between now and then and teams are less desperate. 

Seems very odd to offer him a new contract.

Player feels under valued, wants to leave.

Club have bought 2 players that can play striker in the last 6 months worth nearly £50 million.

I dont think you need to be his agent, to realise he wont be singing a new 3 year deal

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Player feels under valued, wants to leave.

Club have bought 2 players that can play striker in the last 6 months worth nearly £50 million.

I dont think you need to be his agent, to realise he wont be singing a new 3 year deal

I meant would he stay if we went down, not convinced.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Rumours we have offered him a new three year deal

if so could be two reasons

1) we can sell him for more in he summer 

2) we are worried about going down - he will be one of the few that would happily stay 

You do wonder whether not getting a new deal like many of the others in the Summer, is also part of the reason he is pissed off. Obviously lack of playing time too, but I actually think he will get quite a few games here in the next 6 months, especially if Vardy continues to struggle and Slimani keeps picking up knocks. I would put Ulloa ahead of Okazaki and Musa if we are forced to play one upfront without Vardy or Slimani avaliable. 

New contract with better terms and an agreement to leave in the summer if he still wishes, could keep him happy enough until the next window. 

Let him go if that's what he wants, particularly if it's to get regular football. I'll hold my hands up and admit I was dead against us spending so much on him but he's been worth every penny. His effort and commitment have been top notch and obviously scored vital goals too. He's been central to a lot of our huge moments over the last 2 seasons and will always have a place in City folklore. Good luck to him if he goes but will be sad to see.

26 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Big mistake if we sell Leo scored vital goals for us still think he can do a job for us 

Not sure if we keep him for even longer against his will that we'll see him motivated enough to score. He might do a Schlupp. 

1 hour ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Big mistake if we sell Leo scored vital goals for us still think he can do a job for us 

There are countless examples of players not getting the move they want and even a slight drop off in motivation renders them not the player they once were.

Sell him, we could get a good fee in January when struggling PL teams are looking for a striker who has PL experience. I don't get this inherent need to keep him here for six more months when we have lots of options in our FW line as we have five strikers who could be fighting over one place if we persist in 4-5-1.

Ulloa won't be the difference for us this season, he wants to go so just let him loose for all concerned.

Archived