Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ulloa

Anything less than what we paid should be rejected. As his agent said, he was vital in our PL title victory. But yet his price goes down? Also got 3-4 seasons left as he's not renowned for his pace anyway.

Sounds to me though like they are annoyed they didn't get a new contract, maybe we should accept alves bid for a laugh and then see them scurry back when Alves offer him £10k a week

11 hours ago, Thracian said:

With our current personnel - and until we've better options to call on, as with any player - Ulloa should be in the team, no question.

Managers need to pick a side to get the best from the players available - not a system and then try and fit square pegs into round holes if necessary. 

Just dwell on our team:

Simpson, Morgan, Huth and Fuchs (pose no attacking threat to speak of at all).

Albrighton manages an occasional assist but offers very little goalscoring threat.

King is our most natural midfield finisher but rarely threatens now and there is no real threat at all from N'Didi, Amartey, Mendy or Drinkwater.  It's almost suicidal. 

Up front: Slimani and Ulloa are the biggest threats now but Ulloa doesn't play and Slimini isn't here. Shinji's never looked like a Premiership striker and Vardy's like a dervish whose lost his colleagues. 

Out wide, the once prolific Mahrez seems to be little more than a part-timer nowadays, Gray promises plenty but achieves very little while Musa looks lightweight in the blood and thunder of Premiership football.

They're not necessarily bad players individually but they're not in any way resembling a team and that's entirely understandable because there's no footballing philosophy and no balance. 

And within this barren scenario, Ulloa guarantees 10 or 12 goals a season and doesn't get selected. I'd love to hear Ranieri's explanation if it's not to do with promises made to others or the money they're costing in wages.  .  

Welcome back! I always appreciate your take on things, but haven't noticed you posting recently.

1.7 million ****ing hell thats taking the absolute biscuitlol

When I heard Alaves were interested I was expecting 2/3/4m, not 1.7mlol 

Do you want Mahrez for 5m too? Chuck in Kasper as a freebie? Hold on Alaves let us just bend over for you some more. 1.7mlol

Is it a bit too controversial after reading the content of this thread to suggest to people that we perhaps do not have a no. 10 at all in our squad. We have players such as Mahrez and Demarai who could develop and fill the role but they both are miles away from being a number 10..   they are either wingers or part of a front three....  My idea of a number ten is a solid, strong, unselfish creator that can score from live or dead balls anywhere on the pitch and can cover the shorter hard yards at amazing pace.... I'm thinking more Rooney of old/Sigurdsson/Tevez/Toto/Azlur/Hazard than Mahrez/Gray in that position...just yet.

If I'm honest I think his agent has a point.

Player gives his all.

Player comes on and delivers consistently as a sub scoring key goals.

Player never gets a start despite quality performances.

Player helps side win title and those around him gets improved deals.

Player isn't allowed to leave despite being 5th choice and 30 years old with one good 3 year contract left in him.

I'd be a bit aggrieved too to be fair - if you want to keep him and treat him like that and keep moral and team spirit - pay him what he'll get elsewhere if he moves. If you want to be a big club you have to accept these expenses to keep the level of quality you need on the bench content.

34 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

If I'm honest I think his agent has a point.

Player gives his all.

Player comes on and delivers consistently as a sub scoring key goals.

Player never gets a start despite quality performances.

Player helps side win title and those around him gets improved deals.

Player isn't allowed to leave despite being 5th choice and 30 years old with one good 3 year contract left in him.

I'd be a bit aggrieved too to be fair - if you want to keep him and treat him like that and keep moral and team spirit - pay him what he'll get elsewhere if he moves. If you want to be a big club you have to accept these expenses to keep the level of quality you need on the bench content.

Basically this.

Its these little things that unsettle a squad. If your boss promised you that he'd give you a pay rise, then didn't, you'd be aggrieved. 

It sounds like the entire situation has been mis-managed. This is one situation. How many more at the club? It doesn't take much to rock the boat. 

21 hours ago, lgfualol said:

1.7m is what we pay Vardy every 3 months. Try harder Alaves.

My brain is still computing this. That's more money than most people will earn in a 40 year lifetime of working. Bonkers money :blink:

Ulloa made only 7 starts last season - same number as Ritchie de Laet. This season he's made 1 start.  

So basically in 18 months Ulloa has made 1 more start than a guy who we got rid of a year ago. 

Don't blame him for wanting to leave asap.

Martin Samuel wrote a scathing article on Ulloa and his agent. 

This part is weird, especially considering  how many journalists and pundits ridiculed and mocked Ranieri when we first appointed him

"He isn’t the first. Ranieri did not get enough respect at the end of last season, when some of his players drowned him in champagne in front of the world’s media. Who do they think they are? This is the 2016 Coach of the Year. This is a man who has achieved a feat in the English game that may never be revisited in our lifetime, taking the Premier League title from the elite"

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

Martin Samuel wrote a scathing article on Ulloa and his agent. 

This part is weird, especially considering  how many journalists and pundits ridiculed and mocked Ranieri when we first appointed him

"He isn’t the first. Ranieri did not get enough respect at the end of last season, when some of his players drowned him in champagne in front of the world’s media. Who do they think they are? This is the 2016 Coach of the Year. This is a man who has achieved a feat in the English game that may never be revisited in our lifetime, taking the Premier League title from the elite"

There are strong rumors that many of the players don't get on with Ranieri, leading to dressing room discord and the shambolic performances on the pitch this season.

I guess Samuel's point is that maybe the players should be more respectful to the person that gave them their biggest career highlight to date.

Archived