Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ulloa

22 minutes ago, 80's fox said:

And yet before Simpson made the RB spot his last season it seemed everyone despised him. 

Despised without really playing a game for us. His arrival from QPR wasn't seen as much of an upgrade (if any) on RDL, and his private life was in the papers which turned opinions and painted him in a very negative way. His performances for us have been very consistent, he isn't the greatest, but he's solid and dependable and does a good job in the main. For me his isn't a legend, and won't be held in the same esteem or fondness as Pontus Kamark, but he was an integral part of the legendary team. And for me this is the crux, the team were greater than the sum of their parts last season, yes we had some outstanding contributions, but for me it was all about the team. Some will pick individuals from the team and idolise them, but for me they are a team of legends and i wouldn't individualise any one of them. 

Claudio wants him to stay:

RANIERI VOWS TO KEEP ULLOA

Leicester are determined to keep wantaway striker Leonardo Ulloawith boss Claudio Ranieri confident he will stay.

The 30-year-old handed in a transfer request on Thursday with an offer on the table from Spanish side Alaves.

Ranieri said: "Always I said I don't want to keep players who are not happy but at the top there is the club. Three of us have to be happy, club, me and the player.

"I like Leo because he is a fantastic professional, a good player. I told him my impression. Now they are speaking and I think at the end he will stay with us. I want him.

"He's a striker, I only have so many strikers. There is only (Islam) Slimani to hold the ball up and I need two strikers who are very similar. I can understand, of course, because until two years ago he was used to playing every match."

Keep a player that will hardly ever play ?

Don't get me wrong I think he should stay and he should start or feature it everygame. His workrate and ability is better than some of our other players at the minute.

46 minutes ago, Shaneb said:

Keep a player that will hardly ever play ?

Don't get me wrong I think he should stay and he should start or feature it everygame. His workrate and ability is better than some of our other players at the minute.

Ridiculous by Ranieri, it's not like we don't have options if Slimani got injured.

We'll end up keeping him and he'll play about 180 mins between now and the end of the season.

10 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Ridiculous by Ranieri, it's not like we don't have options if Slimani got injured.

We'll end up keeping him and he'll play about 180 mins between now and the end of the season.

It's a dilemma though as the club comes first

wr can't let him go until we have a replacement 

6 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

It's a dilemma though as the club comes first

wr can't let him go until we have a replacement 

I think we have loads of replacements:

No9's

Slimani

Vardy

Okazaki

Musa

No10's

Mahrez

Gray

Our season won't depend on Ulloa, he's 30 and will only ever be a squad player well down the pecking order, if we're offered a reasonable fee then cut him loose. It's crazy to keep squad players at his age if there is a good offer on the table just to cover every eventuality.

31 minutes ago, Gerard said:

No9's

Slimani

Vardy

Okazaki

Musa

No10's

Mahrez

Gray

Our season won't depend on Ulloa, he's 30 and will only ever be a squad player well down the pecking order, if we're offered a reasonable fee then cut him loose. It's crazy to keep squad players at his age if there is a good offer on the table just to cover every eventuality.

Personally I don't necessarily disagree with you bud 

to be fair as good as he has been for us I would let him go 

however I understand Ranners thinking

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

No9's

Slimani

Vardy

Okazaki

Musa

No10's

Mahrez

Gray

There's nobody else who can play as a target man for crosses if Slimani is unavailable or has been subbed. Ulloa has proved himself very useful as a sub and a back-up. It's about the needs of the club first and foremost, and we need him to stay unless we get a direct replacement.

Ulloa leaving for a decent fee is surely the best option for all parties? I'm not sure we'd need a replacement this window as our squad seems built to play 4-3-3/4-5-1, and if we weren't keen on getting another striker this window I think we'd survive with Vardy and Okazaki until Slimani got back. Have to see how this goes but it seems very daft to keep him against his will.

If we sell Ulloa, and Slim gets injured, where does that leave us?

From Ulloas point of view i can totally see why he would want to leave. I'd try and accommodate him personally, but  You have to look at it from the managers point of view too.. I believe Ranieri genuinely has Leicester City's best interests at heart...

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

If we sell Ulloa, and Slim gets injured, where does that leave us?

From Ulloas point of view i can totally see why he would want to leave. I'd try and accommodate him personally, but  You have to look at it from the managers point of view too.. I believe Ranieri genuinely has Leicester City's best interests at heart...

Okazaki and Vardy, just like last year.

'SELFISH LIAR' 

Leicester City news: Leonardo Ulloa agent slams Claudio Ranieri after Foxes boss refuses transfer request

CLAUDIO RANIERI has been branded a “liar” in an astonishing attack by Leonardo Ulloa’s agent.

Horacio Rossi is furious after the Leicester boss and Fifa Coach of the Year insisted that his Argentine striker, 30, will be staying at the club – despite the player handing in an official transfer request.

And Ulloa’s representative contacted SunSport to slam the Italian and Foxes director of football Jon Rudkin.

Rossi said: “As the agent of Ulloa, I’m tired of the lies of Claudio Ranieri and Jon Rudkin.

“On Leicester’s pre-season tour of the United States, Ranieri promised Ulloa he would not buy another attacker.

“But he bought Islam Slimani and then promised Ulloa that he could leave Leicester and did not comply.

“And Ranieri promised Ulloa that he would get a contract renewal and he did not fulfill it – so Ulloa has decided to officially request a transfer.

“Yet now Ranieri, in a confused message to the press, says he believes Ulloa will remain in Leicester when it is not true.

“Ranieri is behaving like a selfish, egocentric egotist, who does not care about the suffering of a man who fought for him and helped win the Premier League title.

“The manager is destroying Ulloa’s career in forcing him to stay in Leicester and this season has only started him in one Premier League match.

“The manager wants to force him to stay to play two games a year – when he has Jamie Vardy, Slimani and Shinji Okazaki. We will now allow it.”

Ulloa’s 90 minutes against Middlesbrough on January 2 were his first for six months but he got injured in the next game he started against Everton in the FA Cup.

And Rossi's business partner - and also another member of Ulloa's camp - Marcelino Elena last night told SunSport: "You have on one side a player who has handed in an official transfer request and on the other a club that clearly doesn't want the player because he does not play.

"If you have something at home that you are going to chuck in the bin, you may as well get some money for it. It is baffling.

"Ranieri has told Leonardo that if he isn't happy with the situation at the club, he is more than happy to let him go.

"Yet now he is telling people publicly that he wants to keep the player yet privately he is telling Leonardo he will help him leave. It makes totally no sense - it's contradicting.

"And now we're tired of these lies and games.

"I think this is not fair and shows a lack of respect for a player that has been a big part of winning the title for you and played such a vital role for the club for the last three years.

"By keeping him, they are seriously damaging Leonardo's career and that is not acceptable."

Elena added that Leicester in the summer were hawking Ulloa to clubs on loan until January.

And he said: "Leicester were offering him out on loan like he is a young player trying to make his way in football rather than a 30-year-old who has been a big part of the club's success and is loved by the fans.

"It was completely disrespectful and hurt Leonardo a lot. That is just one of a few episodes that has been taking place behind the scenes."

Ulloa has 18 months left on his contract and Leicester have just rejected a second bid from La Liga club Alaves.

And Elena added: "There are a number of clubs interested but Leicester are so strong in their desire to block his path out that they are feeling frustrated.

"They know the player is getable and wants to leave - but then see the club refusing to entertain offers."

Not good for moral is it

Tired of selfish agents/players. If this is true then the agent needs to chill. You signed a contract and get paid better then most so stop whining.  If we decide to let him go than fine. If not then cry yourself to sleep with your $. In the prem league most teams have more than 2 strikers so some will sit more than others. 

Fair play to leo for wanting to play more but with slimani away we gotta look after the team first.

Sure its not great to have a player that wants to leave but a team  should  never be bullied into letting them go.

5 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

'SELFISH LIAR' 

Leicester City news: Leonardo Ulloa agent slams Claudio Ranieri after Foxes boss refuses transfer request

CLAUDIO RANIERI has been branded a “liar” in an astonishing attack by Leonardo Ulloa’s agent.

Horacio Rossi is furious after the Leicester boss and Fifa Coach of the Year insisted that his Argentine striker, 30, will be staying at the club – despite the player handing in an official transfer request.

And Ulloa’s representative contacted SunSport to slam the Italian and Foxes director of football Jon Rudkin.

Rossi said: “As the agent of Ulloa, I’m tired of the lies of Claudio Ranieri and Jon Rudkin.

“On Leicester’s pre-season tour of the United States, Ranieri promised Ulloa he would not buy another attacker.

“But he bought Islam Slimani and then promised Ulloa that he could leave Leicester and did not comply.

“And Ranieri promised Ulloa that he would get a contract renewal and he did not fulfill it – so Ulloa has decided to officially request a transfer.

“Yet now Ranieri, in a confused message to the press, says he believes Ulloa will remain in Leicester when it is not true.

“Ranieri is behaving like a selfish, egocentric egotist, who does not care about the suffering of a man who fought for him and helped win the Premier League title.

“The manager is destroying Ulloa’s career in forcing him to stay in Leicester and this season has only started him in one Premier League match.

“The manager wants to force him to stay to play two games a year – when he has Jamie Vardy, Slimani and Shinji Okazaki. We will now allow it.”

Ulloa’s 90 minutes against Middlesbrough on January 2 were his first for six months but he got injured in the next game he started against Everton in the FA Cup.

And Rossi's business partner - and also another member of Ulloa's camp - Marcelino Elena last night told SunSport: "You have on one side a player who has handed in an official transfer request and on the other a club that clearly doesn't want the player because he does not play.

"If you have something at home that you are going to chuck in the bin, you may as well get some money for it. It is baffling.

"Ranieri has told Leonardo that if he isn't happy with the situation at the club, he is more than happy to let him go.

"Yet now he is telling people publicly that he wants to keep the player yet privately he is telling Leonardo he will help him leave. It makes totally no sense - it's contradicting.

"And now we're tired of these lies and games.

"I think this is not fair and shows a lack of respect for a player that has been a big part of winning the title for you and played such a vital role for the club for the last three years.

"By keeping him, they are seriously damaging Leonardo's career and that is not acceptable."

Elena added that Leicester in the summer were hawking Ulloa to clubs on loan until January.

And he said: "Leicester were offering him out on loan like he is a young player trying to make his way in football rather than a 30-year-old who has been a big part of the club's success and is loved by the fans.

"It was completely disrespectful and hurt Leonardo a lot. That is just one of a few episodes that has been taking place behind the scenes."

Ulloa has 18 months left on his contract and Leicester have just rejected a second bid from La Liga club Alaves.

And Elena added: "There are a number of clubs interested but Leicester are so strong in their desire to block his path out that they are feeling frustrated.

"They know the player is getable and wants to leave - but then see the club refusing to entertain offers."

Not good for moral is it

Sure does explain a few things, even if this is being blown out of proportion it shows unrest in the camp

On 1/20/2017 at 21:06, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Personally I don't necessarily disagree with you bud 

to be fair as good as he has been for us I would let him go 

however I understand Ranners thinking

Not convinced Okazaki is a number 9. He gets a touch and ends up on his backside. Hardly a striker that can hold the ball up. Still a decent number 10 though. Support striker.

That agent talk just highlights how damaging they can be in football. This is what they come out and say but just imagine what they say to the players through the course of a season, twisting the actual truth and turning their heads. This then creates a negative atmosphere from the player and within the dressing room.

Not saying there isn't any truth in what they're saying but you have to remember that they're in for a bumper pay day if he gets his move so they will do everything they can to make it happen. If he stays and we run his contract down their cut goes down! 

Archived