Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ulloa

3 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

That agent talk just highlights how damaging they can be in football. This is what they come out and say but just imagine what they say to the players through the course of a season, twisting the actual truth and turning their heads. This then creates a negative atmosphere from the player and within the dressing room.

Not saying there isn't any truth in what they're saying but you have to remember that they're in for a bumper pay day if he gets his move so they will do everything they can to make it happen. If he stays and we run his contract down their cut goes down! 

Exactly

can anyone really see Ranieri promising Leo Ulloa not to buy another striker/forward in the pre season tour

utter tripe

Ranieri isn't going to come out and say he's free to go as buying clubs will expect to get him at a knock down fee, surely Ranieri is saying he wants to keep him to make any interested club have to come in with a bid for a valued 1st teamer rather than some1 on the scrap heap

7 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Tired of selfish agents/players. If this is true then the agent needs to chill. You signed a contract and get paid better then most so stop whining.  If we decide to let him go than fine. If not then cry yourself to sleep with your $. In the prem league most teams have more than 2 strikers so some will sit more than others. 

Fair play to leo for wanting to play more but with slimani away we gotta look after the team first.

Sure its not great to have a player that wants to leave but a team  should  never be bullied into letting them go.

In all likelihood Slimani will be back tomorrow as Algeria will probably be knocked out this evening in the AFCON.

Why we don't sell a 30 year old with 18 months left on his contract who is way down the pecking order is beyond me.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Pretty well dismiss the agent talk. Remember the idiot who represents Yaya moaning about a birthday cake?

Tbf it's my birthday on Thursday, big three zero, if my boss or work mates don't buy me a cake or sing me a little birthday song I'll be well upset. 

16 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Tbf it's my birthday on Thursday, big three zero, if my boss or work mates don't buy me a cake or sing me a little birthday song I'll be well upset. 

And then complain at your last job they gave you a Ferrari for your birthday. :D

With our current personnel - and until we've better options to call on, as with any player - Ulloa should be in the team, no question.

Managers need to pick a side to get the best from the players available - not a system and then try and fit square pegs into round holes if necessary. 

Just dwell on our team:

Simpson, Morgan, Huth and Fuchs (pose no attacking threat to speak of at all).

Albrighton manages an occasional assist but offers very little goalscoring threat.

King is our most natural midfield finisher but rarely threatens now and there is no real threat at all from N'Didi, Amartey, Mendy or Drinkwater.  It's almost suicidal. 

Up front: Slimani and Ulloa are the biggest threats now but Ulloa doesn't play and Slimini isn't here. Shinji's never looked like a Premiership striker and Vardy's like a dervish whose lost his colleagues. 

Out wide, the once prolific Mahrez seems to be little more than a part-timer nowadays, Gray promises plenty but achieves very little while Musa looks lightweight in the blood and thunder of Premiership football.

They're not necessarily bad players individually but they're not in any way resembling a team and that's entirely understandable because there's no footballing philosophy and no balance. 

And within this barren scenario, Ulloa guarantees 10 or 12 goals a season and doesn't get selected. I'd love to hear Ranieri's explanation if it's not to do with promises made to others or the money they're costing in wages.  .  

The thing is we all know he wants to leave. So if we do keep him, is he going to give his all in these bit-part appearances?

I'd actually think it would be a great shout to play him in the cup vs Derby. But with his focus elsewhere is there any point?

Which begs the question why we don't sell him

5 hours ago, Thracian said:

With our current personnel - and until we've better options to call on, as with any player - Ulloa should be in the team, no question.

Managers need to pick a side to get the best from the players available - not a system and then try and fit square pegs into round holes if necessary. 

Just dwell on our team:

Albrighton manages an occasional assist but offers very little goalscoring threat.

King is our most natural midfield finisher but rarely threatens now and there is no real threat at all from N'Didi, Amartey, Mendy or Drinkwater.  It's almost suicidal. 

Up front: Slimani and Ulloa are the biggest threats now but Ulloa doesn't play and Slimini isn't here. Shinji's never looked like a Premiership striker and Vardy's like a dervish whose lost his colleagues. 

Out wide, the once prolific Mahrez seems to be little more than a part-timer nowadays, Gray promises plenty but achieves very little while Musa looks lightweight in the blood and thunder of Premiership football.

They're not necessarily bad players individually but they're not in any way resembling a team and that's entirely understandable because there's no footballing philosophy and no balance. 

And within this barren scenario, Ulloa guarantees 10 or 12 goals a season and doesn't get selected. I'd love to hear Ranieri's explanation if it's not to do with promises made to others or the money they're costing in wages.  .  

with the service we are providing this season, Dixie dean would be struggling.

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

with the service we are providing this season, Dixie dean would be struggling.

And you may be right but almost every time Ulloa's come on for his token two-pennyworth he's had chances and should probably have scored from several of them. 

Even the fact that he's so ring rusty is a condemnation of the manager and not the only one.

At this stage of the season Ulloa should be fully fit, sharp as a cut-throat razor and absolutely bursting to get into the action.   

Instead we're effectively insulting the bloke and he's the last person to deserve it.  

6 hours ago, Thracian said:

Just dwell on our team:

Great post, and with this the only person who should be leaving the club is the manager.

Reminds me of the bloke who offered me £15 for an £80 diamond ring on Leicester market. I told him we could do a deal, no problem. I asked if he owned his house and when he said "yes" said I'd swap the ring for it, plus a tenner.     

Archived