Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

SEVILLA!

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Remember the time when Nzonzi was just a shit Stoke player.. Now he's going to tear us to shreds.. Mind you,  Joey Barton is capable of doing the same to us these days!... As John Lennon once said.. 

'Strange days indeed '.

He ran the game the last time we played stoke with him in the team. That's why we tried to buy him !

Leicester are likely to be hammered by Sevilla and Claudio Ranieri will be sacked before long
The Foxes have won just once in normal time in 2017 and could be on the end of a pasting against Sevilla on Wednesday

I’ve packed my overnight bag for the trip to Sevilla, I wonder whether Claudio Ranieri will be packing a bit more.

The Leicester boss recently received assurances over his future but things have got a lot worse since then. There is no chance that any sensible owner will allow the drift to continue. Even the supportive Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha. Ultimately it is too costly.

Ranieri's only win in normal time in 2017 came in the FA Cup against Everton. That's one win in 10, losing the last five in the Premier League. Last year's champions have lost to Burnley, Swansea and now Millwall since New Year’s Eve.

Lets not sugar coat it. Leicester have been awful.

They have the fourth-worst attack, the second-worst away form, they are bottom of the form table, and that Jamie Vardy look-a-like seems to have been given the nod ahead of their star striker.

Statistically they are the worst champions since Manchester City in 1936/37 who were relegated the very next year. If they keep playing like this, Leicester will be relegated.

The heart has gone. The indomitable spirit evaporated. For a team that has such huge characters in Kasper Schmeichel, Wes Morgan and Robert Huth, they look leaderless. They went above and beyond last year but they’ve gone below and nowhere near the standards required this.

They are not the only overachievers who have subsequently come down to earth with an almighty bang.

Nurnberg won the inaugural Bundesliga in 1967/68 but faced the drop 12 months later, but it was the first ever running of a national league since the Second World War. The league, football, the country was finding its feet.

Juventus and Milan have been relegated after winning titles but those situations were related to scandal.

In real terms Leicester’s demise is as unprecedented as their rise.

So should Ranieri take the blame? He has to take some of it.

As Premier League champions, Leicester were rewarded greatly. They received £93 million from the Premier League alone.

Coupled with the £71.6 million received the year before, and their Champions League money they could have bought Paul Pogba twice.

If he isn't solely in charge of recruitment Ranieri will at least have had a say. That reflects badly, as does the animosity brewing in the dressing room and the cooling of relationships with certain players.

The finger will be pointed at the squad but it is the manager’s job to keep everyone together. As Ranieri did so admirably last season, and let's face it when it comes to the crunch who carries the can nine times out of 10?

Despite their admirable and principled statement the Thai owners aren't going to fire £200-300 million worth of talent.

In all likelihood they will get hammered by Sevilla, who have a better home record than Barcelona, and a better away record than Real Madrid.

They will lose to Liverpool and Ranieri will be fired before they disappear into the abyss.

Let me be clear, I don't want that to happen. Nobody who was caught up in events of last season could. It was unforgettable.

Nonetheless to stave of what looks like the inevitable, Leicester need a string of performances that bucks the trends and defies all the odds, and who is capable of that?

Leicester-City-Travel-to-Seville-for-the-Champions-League.jpg

Guest CityFan 06

My team selection; I would've put Kapustka in the lineup but I'm led to believe he cannot play in the Champions League.

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Benalouane Fuchs

Ndidi Drinkwater 

Mahrez King Gray

Slimani

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Leicester are likely to be hammered by Sevilla and Claudio Ranieri will be sacked before long
The Foxes have won just once in normal time in 2017 and could be on the end of a pasting against Sevilla on Wednesday

I’ve packed my overnight bag for the trip to Sevilla, I wonder whether Claudio Ranieri will be packing a bit more.

The Leicester boss recently received assurances over his future but things have got a lot worse since then. There is no chance that any sensible owner will allow the drift to continue. Even the supportive Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha. Ultimately it is too costly.

Ranieri's only win in normal time in 2017 came in the FA Cup against Everton. That's one win in 10, losing the last five in the Premier League. Last year's champions have lost to Burnley, Swansea and now Millwall since New Year’s Eve.

They have the fourth-worst attack, the second-worst away form, they are bottom of the form table, and that Jamie Vardy look-a-like seems to have been given the nod ahead of their star striker.

Statistically they are the worst champions since Manchester City in 1936/37 who were relegated the very next year. If they keep playing like this, Leicester will be relegated.

The heart has gone. The indomitable spirit evaporated. For a team that has such huge characters in Kasper Schmeichel, Wes Morgan and Robert Huth, they look leaderless. They went above and beyond last year but they’ve gone below and nowhere near the standards required this.

They are not the only overachievers who have subsequently come down to earth with an almighty bang.

Nurnberg won the inaugural Bundesliga in 1967/68 but faced the drop 12 months later, but it was the first ever running of a national league since the Second World War. The league, football, the country was finding its feet.

Juventus and Milan have been relegated after winning titles but those situations were related to scandal.

As Premier League champions, Leicester were rewarded greatly. They received £93 million from the Premier League alone.

Coupled with the £71.6 million received the year before, and their Champions League money they could have bought Paul Pogba twice.

If he isn't solely in charge of recruitment Ranieri will at least have had a say. That reflects badly, as does the animosity brewing in the dressing room and the cooling of relationships with certain players.

The finger will be pointed at the squad but it is the manager’s job to keep everyone together. As Ranieri did so admirably last season, and let's face it when it comes to the crunch who carries the can nine times out of 10?

Despite their admirable and principled statement the Thai owners aren't going to fire £200-300 million worth of talent.

In all likelihood they will get hammered by Sevilla, who have a better home record than Barcelona, and a better away record than Real Madrid.

They will lose to Liverpool and Ranieri will be fired before they disappear into the abyss.

Let me be clear, I don't want that to happen. Nobody who was caught up in events of last season could. It was unforgettable.

Nonetheless to stave of what looks like the inevitable, Leicester need a string of performances that bucks the trends and defies all the odds, and who is capable of that?

I can't stress it enough - of course I do care about getting a result. But Sevilla are in an enormeous form and we're sinking as fast as a large bag of potatoes in a lake.

If we go down, please at least put in some effort and show us the fighting spirit that enamored the footballing world last season.

Another Porto away display would be unforgivable.

6 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The fight, the spirit, the warriors, the gladiators - it is all going to resurface in this game.  :ph34r:

We are ready, no time better than now to show the form that made us champions. Let's turn on the style and shock the world once again. I would consider a win here up there with any of our achievements in the last few years 

6 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Wouldn't it be good. :D

sadly as much chance of me shagging Rachel Riley. :whistle:

The players might not be behind Ranieri but it isn't a tough speech, this is possibly the biggest stage they will ever get to play on, to not give 100% would be an injustice to themselves... 

This is Leicester City where your impossible dreams can and do happen... we have bloody experienced it 

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

Have a horrible feeling they'll batter us from the off and Be 2/3 up within 20 mins

Standard affair , can't see it... the players we have the hunger and fire that has been missing, they want this all of them. And we know that when they play we actually have a bloody good side 

45 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The players might not be behind Ranieri but it isn't a tough speech, this is possibly the biggest stage they will ever get to play on, to not give 100% would be an injustice to themselves... 

This is Leicester City where your impossible dreams can and do happen... we have bloody experienced it 

It's a disgrace that the players are t behind Ranieri, an absolute disgusting disgrace

if they do pull a performance out of the bag in a way it just reaffirms what fvcking arses they are

4 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

They'll come at us with everything they got. I suspect them wanting to kill the tie already in the first half. If we enter the game like we always do, we're 3-0 down after 45 minutes.

A team chucking the sink at us might actually work for us. Let's hope the push on and leave a nice high line.

3 hours ago, Kaewbudda said:
5 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Wes's head looks twice it's normal size.

Archived