Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Chelsea post match thread 0 - 3

Chelsea too good for us. First ten minutes we were adjusting to the new formation and conceded sloppily. Rest of the first half we played ok. Second half though was men against boys to be fair. I'm not going to have a go at Ranieri for trying something different, have you seen Chelsea's form before the Tottenham game? Unfortunately Drinkwater was probably the worst player on the pitch. N'didi looks decent to me, Chilwell kept Moses really quiet. We need all 11 to be playing well particularly against Chelsea, today they didn't.

2 minutes ago, shen said:

Vardy chased defenders in the first half and created confusion with his low and hard cross which Courtois saved. Musa looked lively first half, had a couple of neat touches, but he just doesn't look on the same wavelength as his teammates. Again, this could be down to the system today, but he just reacts a bit slowly and he has no physical presence whatsoever. Vardy almost threaded Musa through second half, but I don't recall him having a shot all game, no.
I'm still hoping we can see a similar performance to the one at Everton, which I didn't see.

Fair enough, I might have just focused on Vardys second half performance too much but I still feel like he is lacking the effort or movement that he had last season. I remember his goal against Palace last year when he received the ball, passed it off to drinkwater and ran after dropping deep, would he do that this season? Im not so sure.

In general though im not even disapointed anymore just getting increasingly pissed off. Forgetting last year I remember the game against Chelsea in the great escape, how we wern't afraid and attacked at every opportunity, oppening the scoring before conceeding 3. I still left the stadium happy because I knew we had played to the best of our ability and still lost to a much better team. Today, hats off to Chelsea for the win but they didn't need to get out of second gear which is what frustrates me, losing to a better team I can accept but not when it is clear we can perform so much better.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Mendy will have the best stats. Made plenty of tackles and simple, accurate passes.

Ndidi and Drinkwater were poor I'm afraid.

Bollocks, Ndidi was one of the best Leicester players in the first half, would like to see how much touches he has had. He was constantly on the ball even demanding the ball. Don't know what game you saw. Has had more interceptions than Mendy and unlike Mendy he made some deep forward passes. If you are looking for players that need slidings to intercept you will be dissapointed by Ndiddi because he nearly never will make one, a good defender doesn't need slidings or hard tackles, he outsmarts. Exactly what Ndidi did, not a world-class performance but he was one of the best Leicester-players on the pitch today. 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I thought Ndidi probably looked about the best of a bad bunch. He's mobile enough and quick with his passing.

But again...why has the club not gone out and signed a very good, older central midfielder for NOW? We seem to be building for the future, which I get, whilst running the ridiculous risk of getting sucked into a relegation battle.

Its such a chancy thing to do.

I agree about Ndidi... and about signing an experienced, creative CM as well. The top should splash the cash imo

At the moment only Swansea seems to be a safe bet for a relegation candidate. But you never know when they'll bounce up... Let's just hope none of these teams below us will fancy a Great Escape at our cost...

Whatever formation and players you send out against anybody you have to fight.  Show passion.  Run and then run some more.  Against strong sides you are not going to win by standing off them and defending so deep that all the players aside from their goalkeeper are in your half.  The change of formation did not help but the lack of determination to make Chelsea have to make an effort to win was worse.  If you are going to lose at least go for it.  Don't just meekly surrender.

After the next two games the position could well be serious.   

Gray has to start for me.

A puzzling formation, three soft goals, playing against a team who were far better. All game we were trying to press the man with the ball but because it was taking two or three of ours the simple ball out was always there. 

Huth for Okazaki was just Seriously??

At least we kept it down to three.

31 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Very very poor, second half especially.

Anyone complaining about 4-4-2 now?

We got beaten 4-1 to United, 4-1 to Liverpool, 3-0 to Chelsea with a 442 formation

Let's not rewrite history

3 minutes ago, genkfan said:

Bollocks, Ndidi was one of the best Leicester players in the first half, would like to see how much touches he has had. He was constantly on the ball even demanding the ball. Don't know what game you saw. Has had more interceptions than Mendy and unlike Mendy he made some deep forward passes. If you are looking for players that need slidings to intercept you will be dissapointed by Ndiddi because he nearly never will make one, a good defender doesn't need slidings or hard tackles, he outsmarts. Exactly what Ndidi did, not a world-class performance but he was one of the best Leicester-players on the pitch today. 

I think you've seen the game through rose tinted specs.

He wasn't that good. Better than Drinkwater but worse than Mendy.

1 minute ago, Livid said:

Gray has to start for me.

A puzzling formation, three soft goals, playing against a team who were far better. All game we were trying to press the man with the ball but because it was taking two or three of ours the simple ball out was always there. 

Huth for Okazaki was just Seriously??

At least we kept it down to three.

Goodness me. 

Losing to Chelsea is fair enough, rolling over to Chelsea with your pants around your ankles is not acceptable.

Bar a couple, nobody is willing to put their body on the line for us. The occasional wins  of this season are merely painting over the cracks. We are deep in the shit.

6 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

I'm sure if Claudio found someone robbing his house he would say 'its ok' and help them load his gear into their getaway car.

lol

If he walked in on Conte shagging his wife he'd probably apologise for disturbing them.

Just now, AKCJ said:

I think you've seen the game through rose tinted specs.

He wasn't that good. Better than Drinkwater but worse than Mendy.

Have to agree to disagree then but even the stats prove me right, the reporter said the same and the general comments about Ndiddi during the game here and on twitter will do so too. 

Should wait really, as feel like ranting.

**** it I'm having one, I know it was Chelsea, but that was awful, and cannot be defended, the manager through to the players, to the kit man, everybody to do with the playing staff should be ashamed at that performance.

The result I can handle, I expected it, but to roll over, and look like a Sunday league side again, isn't acceptable.

There was players out there, on around the hundred grand a week, and we could hardly pass to their own team mates.

I stick by what I said about albrighton in the match thread, and sorry to those who were defending his him, I couldn't reply, as the internet stops working at the ground.

Their defence of him was he created the only chance we created, not hard really, we created next to nothing, he gave the ball away, time after time, positional wise awful, didn't see what he offered the side.

Not singling out albrighton, Fuchs had a mare, and to be fair, the only half decent performances was from nididi, and Danny, but both never set the world alight.

Like I say I'm frustrated by that performance, the result doesn't matter, but Chelsea for me, if pressured, were never a 3-0 winning side today, that's what hurts, that was a shambles.

sorry for the rant in advance, rant over

Archived