Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Chelsea post match thread 0 - 3

Left early for the first time in god knows how long, didn't want to watch my team getting constantly battered.

That performance consisted of poor defending, poor passing and absolutely nothing going forward. First half wasn't too bad, conceded a scrappy goal but we competed well, that second half though was like Premier League Champions facing a League One side. We were absolutely schooled and it was embarrassing, didn't utilise our pace, just kept lumping it up to Vardy and hoping for the best, that will get us nowhere.

It's all about getting the balance right in a formation like that, we were far too slow in midfield and we didn't play to our strikers strengths, apart from a nice few balls in behind from Albrighton.

We weren't expected to win of course, but that second half was inexcusable.

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

Was quite encouraged after the last 20 minutes of the first half... 2nd half soon put paid to that!

This. I don't know why we are starting halves so poorly either. Once the second goal had gone in it looked like everyone (including CR) just gave up.

3 minutes ago, sishades said:

Really? I see care in the community is failing again.

Yeah we forget last season was a freak miracle, we ain't that good. we lost 3-0 against a title challenging team

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

"Our performance was good" - Ranieri.

lol

It's so comical, I'm almost beyond caring.

I'm genuinely worried if he thinks that. I'm all for positivity but that's denial if you ask me...

CR is worrying me with his blinkered post match comments. I joked in the match thread he'd be banging on about pleased with the performance. What will it take for him to notice what is going on. Or will it be noticed higher up first.

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'm genuinely worried if he thinks that. I'm all for positivity but that's denial if you ask me...

The post match interviews remind me of Sven, all over again to be honest.

I guess you could argue what's the point in being honest in them? It ain't gonna change anything. But I get tired of hearing (and reading) bull shite excuses for that kind of performance. It would be refreshing if Ranieri actually DID change the fookin record every once in a while.

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Left early for the first time in god knows how long, didn't want to watch my team getting constantly battered.

That performance consisted of poor defending, poor passing and absolutely nothing going forward. First half wasn't too bad, conceded a scrappy goal but we competed well, that second half though was like Premier League Champions facing a League One side. We were absolutely schooled and it was embarrassing, didn't utilise our pace, just kept lumping it up to Vardy and hoping for the best, that will get us nowhere.

It's all about getting the balance right in a formation like that, we were far too slow in midfield and we didn't play to our strikers strengths, apart from a nice few balls in behind from Albrighton.

We weren't expected to win of course, but that second half was inexcusable.

Pretty much this.

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

It is, it's a mixture of complete deluded denial and trying to defend our spineless ****ing players. 

I'm sick to death of it, fans have paid good money to come and watch this dross and he insults them by saying week in week out we have performed well, it's just Bullsh*t

He needs to grow a backbone and start saying it as it is, cause the players are taking the piss out of him and us at the moment, even if he does change the formation they look like they simply cannot be bothered most of the time.

Mid way through January and we are 5 points off the drop zone. Our survivial season was better than this dross by a mile. 

Just now, TheMightySystem said:

Imo he did more then Vardy who just stands with the opposition defenders all game. Musa created a chance in the first few minutes. Did Vardy even get a shot off? (Asking as i missed the first 20 minutes of the second half).

Vardy chased defenders in the first half and created confusion with his low and hard cross which Courtois saved. Musa looked lively first half, had a couple of neat touches, but he just doesn't look on the same wavelength as his teammates. Again, this could be down to the system today, but he just reacts a bit slowly and he has no physical presence whatsoever. Vardy almost threaded Musa through second half, but I don't recall him having a shot all game, no.
I'm still hoping we can see a similar performance to the one at Everton, which I didn't see.

How tf can he even use the term "positive" from that kind of performance. 

I know media interviews can sometimes be a smokescreen but as a fan hearing a manager use this terminology and seem generally happy after that performance and result is slightly concerning tbh

Musa played well as did Chilwell, that's it as far as positives go. They gave up when the 2nd goal went in. It was pathetic. Changed to a back 3 to copy Chelsea instead of playing how we are used to and attacking. Fuming with that it was a pisstake.

We're showing nothing at the minute. We're not even creating chances when we're getting beat and that's the worrying thing. 

Musa looks sh1t...he's had his chance and hasn't taken it. Even someone playing out of position shows glimpses of class at times but he's showing nothing. 

Albrighton, Morgan and Huth are so limited. We'll stay up with them in the team as they're solid enough but we'll never kick on.

Ndidi looks good though. Only plus from tonight. 

I understand it was against a very good Chelsea side but I'm sure other teams seem to cope Ok with changes of shape and formation, but with us they seem absolutely clueless when things get changed up.

What is Ranieri doing or not doing during the week?

Archived