Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v Chelsea post match thread 0 - 3

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

End of the day I'd rather us have a stinker vs Chelsea which any sane individual would expect us to lose given our respective current form, than have a stinker against a team near the bottom and drop points we would expect to have in the bag.

But most are taking the stance of "WE'RE THE CHAMPIUNS OF INGURLUND WE SHUD B WINNING EVERY WEEK!!1!1#1"

We are the champions so we shouldn't be pulling our pants down and bending over for anyone.

Dont care if we lose but we just gave up the minute they scored the first. That's what people are pissed off at.

Barely any threat in opponent's box, again 

this is so frustrating

And they didn't even need Costa, their LB was enough to put the whole matter to rest :( Morgan and Fuchs look old. Mendy and Drinky poor. Albrighton mediocre. The tinkering looked promising on paper but it went wrong eventually.

At least Ndidi looked decent... And Swansea lost. Still 19 points to safety

Also, what does Gray need to do to start games instead of Albrighton

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

lol If by that you mean he can tackle and distribute the ball quickly, then yes, he is.

Wasn't amazing but was one of the few decent players

I meant in in that he consistently gave the ball away and didn't make a tackle.

8 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Musa Morgan is ****ing dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. £15 million for him? **** sake man 

Fixed.

Notice how, AGAIN, the CBs go unscathed. Trend to be confirmed by the upcoming match ratings. 

With this kind of defending you can't expect much. 

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I meant in in that he consistently gave the ball away and didn't make a tackle.

I look forward to the stats then considering somebody said the said of King against Boro, then got shown up in the very next post when King has the most tackles in the match.

Definitely made a few tackles and his ball to Drinky in the first half was class.

Chilwell, for all his endeavour and positivity, was a great example of why this system simply does not work for us. He was all over the place. Sometimes he was right next to Musa, other times he was playing centrally or even on the right and sometimes he was further back than the rest of our defence. It shows how our players clearly didn't feel comfortable and Chelsea managed to exploit it, most notably for the first and third goals.

Ranieri has to take the blame for this performance. I can understand the tactical gamble having seen Spurs do it that way, but if the intensity isn't there, then it's a suicidal approach.

Musa doesn't do enough, Vardy stopped running after 45 minutes, Drinkwater was off-colour while Ndidi and Mendy did OK. Chilwell MOTM, but truth be told, I struggled to see a good performance by anyone.

Just now, Chester Dontlie said:

Barely any threat in opponent's box, again 

this is so frustrating

And they didn't even need Costa, their LB was enough to put the whole matter to rest :( Morgan and Fuchs look old. Mendy and Drinky poor. Albrighton mediocre. The tinkering looked promising on paper but it went wrong eventually.

At least Ndidi looked decent... And Swansea lost. Still 19 points to safety

I thought Ndidi probably looked about the best of a bad bunch. He's mobile enough and quick with his passing.

But again...why has the club not gone out and signed a very good, older central midfielder for NOW? We seem to be building for the future, which I get, whilst running the ridiculous risk of getting sucked into a relegation battle.

Its such a chancy thing to do.

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We were well and truly schooled by a Chelsea team without Costa who never got out of second gear.

I can't get over how much we've transgressed from last season. Everything just looks and feels complacent with us at the moment. It's shaping up as a really embarrassing title defence. Pretty angry with us right now. Never looked like scoring and we're in a dog fight now whether we like it or not. Fvck knows what the answer is. I'm lost.....

Hate to say it but a team normally reflects the managers persona, at the moment this lot look like they could do with a good nights sleep, fans looked like they could do with one as well.

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

I look forward to the stats then considering somebody said the said of King against Boro, then got shown up in the very next post when King has the most tackles in the match.

Definitely made a few tackles and his ball to Drinky in the first half was class.

Mendy will have the best stats. Made plenty of tackles and simple, accurate passes.

Ndidi and Drinkwater were poor I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Hate to say it but a team normally reflects the managers persona, at the moment this lot look like they could do with a good nights sleep, fans looked like they could do with one as well.

If we're not careful we're all going to sleepwalk our way into the Championship at this rate...

I'm mostly suprised at how Negative we have approached our matches trying not to concede and voiding our team of any attacking threat.

I do worry where are goals are coming from when our attack are not performing, our midfield are lucky if they get 10 between them all.

We have regressed from last season, with big money spent.

New players will need time, and we have a lot of times looked 11 players who look like they have just met on the bus before the game.

Its a shame how the season is panning out CL aside, as I wasn't expecting top 4 but I wasn't thinking we would be playing some of the poor football we are.

the sooner the players wake up to the fact we're in a relegation fight they might start to string a few games together 

1 minute ago, shen said:

Chilwell, for all his endeavour and positivity, was a great example of why this system simply does not work for us. He was all over the place. Sometimes he was right next to Musa, other times he was playing centrally or even on the right and sometimes he was further back than the rest of our defence. It shows how our players clearly didn't feel comfortable and Chelsea managed to exploit it, most notably for the first and third goals.

Ranieri has to take the blame for this performance. I can understand the tactical gamble having seen Spurs do it that way, but if the intensity isn't there, then it's a suicidal approach.

Musa doesn't do enough, Vardy stopped running after 45 minutes, Drinkwater was off-colour while Ndidi and Mendy did OK. Chilwell MOTM, but truth be told, I struggled to see a good performance by anyone.

Imo he did more then Vardy who just stands with the opposition defenders all game. Musa created a chance in the first few minutes. Did Vardy even get a shot off? (Asking as i missed the first 20 minutes of the second half).

Archived