Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Derby Away Pre-Match Thread

Ensure the likes of King, vardy and drinkwater start as they will put in that little extra with it being Derby.

All the others are just interested in their pay check. Derby will go for our throats and pile on the pressure. If we can't capitilise on their pressure by means of counter attacks then we will loose.

I'm struggling to see why Mahrez and Slimani wouldn't be available for selection.

Monday - Knocked out

Tuesday - fly home

Wednesday - rest day

Thursday - training even if its light. It's not like they are new signings to embed into the squad.

Jetlag won't be an issue either.

27 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

Agreed. It's great to see an improvement in his game since sitting on the bench especially in the last 3 games.

You missed the point there, besides we're playing Derby and even King's detractors would struggle to say that he's not at least championship level 

Personally I would start King. I'm far from his biggest fan but he's really much better than Mendy who offers absolutely nothing and he can sometimes score. Our midfield simply don't look capable of creating anything positive.

I'd play 4-3-2-1 with the two dropping back to help out the midfield but also able to push forwards. hard to see beyond another embarrassing TV performance though.

I think a few posters on here need to try and grow a backbone.

I've never heard such defeatist, moaning drivel since ... well, the last time.

It doesn't matter how sh1te we have been, Friday night is another game.   As in a new, totally different game to the last one.   Get behind the lads and the players might just realise how much it matters.  And possibly, might just play better than the last match.

On 22/01/2017 at 18:12, chicagofox said:

Morgan, Drinkwater, Fuchs, and Vardy should be nowhere near Pride Park.  After their unacceptably shambolic performances against Southampton all four of them should be very lucky to get anywhere near a match day squad anytime soon.

Of course Claudio Ranieri is our manager so at least three of those mentioned are both undroppable and unsubbable.

Play King; I know he gets a lot of flack but in his performances this season he's been better than Drinkwater.  

Play Benalouanne; the very fact that he is not Wes Morgan means the defence has to be improved.

Give Kaputska a start.  For fcuk sake he deserves it.  And if he doesn't deserve to start ahead of at least one of the stinking sacks of shit that has been our offense of late then he must be completely useless and we should get rid.

In the absence of Slimani (even if Algeria are knocked out on Monday I wouldn't play him in this one) play Musa DOWN THE MIDDLE.  And play Ulloa if fit.

Chilwell in for Fuchs should be a no-brainer but again we have Claudio Ranieri in charge.

In the absence of a new right-back and center-half, if we have any good (or even potentially good) young players in these positions I'd be happy to see them start ahead of Simpson and Huth.

Sure, with this selection we will have to find a new attacking tactic as the only one we currently have - that being Drinkwater aimlessly playing a ball in the vague direction of a lazy Vardy - won't be available.

Drinkwater really has been shit this season.  Mendy, Ndidi, King, and Amartey should all be ahead of him in the pecking order.  And Vardy can fcuk off back to Fleetwood for all I care.

Most of this I agree with.

However, you are talking a lot of nonsense in saying that Drinkwater has been shit all season. 

Lets get this right. He was playing very well up to being banned - our best outfield player - SINCE then he has been shit.

3 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

I'm struggling to see why Mahrez and Slimani wouldn't be available for selection.

Monday - Knocked out

Tuesday - fly home

Wednesday - rest day

Thursday - training even if its light. It's not like they are new signings to embed into the squad.

Jetlag won't be an issue either.

It's okay. They can chill on Sunday. 

If Hernadez, Wasilewski , or Benny had played like Wes did on Sunday they would be out of the team for a good 6 months. Was even offside for his own own-goal!!!

Wes has started every league game for like 18 months, but his head has gone and he is making mistakes all over the place. Ranieri needs to grow some balls and drop his captain.

On 22/01/2017 at 17:44, Sir Shep said:

For ages I wanted us to try something different from 442, it finally happened and we still play like a bunch of blouses. I've no idea who will play, what formation we will play, but I do know that as it's on TV we will play like a bunch of headless chickens and make a crap sheep friendly team look good. 

At worst we will make it a terrible bore-draw. Lets hope Derby play well, at least one of the teams should entertain on a Friday night!

13 hours ago, lgfualol said:

No more Vardy and Okazaki please. Okazaki offers absolutely nothing. Play King there instead, at least he can pass and shoot.

King in the 10 position, with Drinky and Ndidi might just be the answer.

Although it was worrying that Claudio said he had to stick with 4-4-2 otherwise King didn't know what to do.

3 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Most of this I agree with.

However, you are talking a lot of nonsense in saying that Drinkwater has been shit all season. 

Lets get this right. He was playing very well up to being banned - our best outfield player - SINCE then he has been shit.

Yeh pretty retarded hating on Drinkwater, he's been dragged down to the level of the rest of them recently but for most of the first half of the season he was our best player by a very long way.

King is so fvcking average at Premier League level, he probably should get a game but only by default because of how badly everyone else is doing.

I'm as confused as probably Claudio is right now!

We either use this game to test out some fringe players like Musa, Kaputska, Chilwell and maybe even Benny etc or we go with our "full strength" team again and use it to try formations.

He could go back to the 4-4-2 of last season and same players as last season with N'didi for Kante and Gray filling in for Mahrez OR we persist with a 4-3-3 but lose the awful diamond from the weekend. 

As much as I want to see some of these fringe players, I think we desperately need this game to figure out a formation. I would actually go with the 4-4-2 and use it as a last opportunity for the players to show it can work. If not, then we scrap the 4-4-2 for good and they all get on board with finding a new system to play, most likely a 4-3-3. 

Archived