Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Derby Away Post Match Thread 2 - 2

49 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Worringly, he had more impact than Vardy lol

Still not a positive impact as such, just one where you think he is going to do something, but then he just falls over instead. 

He certainly had an impact on the pitch. The Derby groundsmen will be cursing him as they fill in loads of shinji sized divets!

3 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

To compare Jamie with Jermaine is...strange.

"he completely ****ed it up"

Yeah, and Gray ***ed it up and Okazaki ***ed it up.

Right?

Not really. Jermaine was lazy and disinterested, and that describes vardys performance tonight.

yeah, they did. 

Reading the negative comments tonight, I genuinely wonder when people started watching Leicester. 

Frank Mclintock, David Pleat, Jimmy Willis, Gary Coatsworth, Junior Lewis, Adi Akinbiyiy, Trevor Benjamin, relegation to third division, Ryan McGivern. Honestly, if you think tonight was as poor as the adjectives used in posts tonight, I've no clue what you'd have said if you were there in those days.

Saddest thing about tonight was standing in the concourse and not one of our lot (apart from me) recognising Mr Guppy, what a ****ing cross that bloke had.

Got him to sign my ticket, nearly as good as the half n half scarfs.

59 minutes ago, adam said:

These baboons have let the fans and the manager down this season. The majority have been a disgrace since the first kick in pre season. 

I just wish they were baboons, they wouldnt stand for any shit, and would rip the oppo to shreds,

Then show them their red arses ...:rolleyes:

In fact last season their teamwork last season was not unlike that of  A troop of baboons.

Claudio being the king of the Swingers...A doobie-do

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Saddest thing about tonight was standing in the concourse and not one of our lot (apart from me) recognising Mr Guppy, what a ****ing cross that bloke had.

Guppy is a legend... he had a bloody good cross on him. Pleasure to watch him play back at Filbert St. Is he still into his fishing? 

Reading some of the stuff in here it makes you wonder if people were watching the same game as me lol

Firstly, they are an in form side but importantly have some good players. Baird is an International, Keough and Russell, then they have some decent younger lads worth a few quid like Will Hughes and Ince and some experience in Bent and Carson. In the last round the knocked out a fellow Prem club on their own patch last time out and against us had home advantage. Despite us being the prem club, I fully expected them to come right at us from the kick off because that is what happens in the cup even with lower league sides. However, from the get go we pressed high, harassed them and they hardly came out of their own half for 20 mins. They scored a goal from a set piece which was a great header (we possibly could have defended better) and then we lost our way a little bit. They scored a really good second but again King and Drinky were all over the shop and we should have put a challenge in.

In the second half we had a sequence of unreal chances with a Vardy header, Okazaki from a few yards and almost a mirror image chance from Gray. Gray also hit the post. At no stage did Derby have amazing chances. They did have a couple of speculative shots but really we deserved at least a draw.

Tactically CR got it right with doubling up on the left to negate Ince who had a stinker and Albrighton looked really good on the right again. He made some changes which were effective, especially Gray and Mahrez with the latter looking like he has come back from the Afcon in a good mood (I loved the way he even celebrated our equaliser). We also got a glimpse of CR and his frustration when the ball went out for a throw in as he grabbed hold of the ball and started to  gesticulate to pass the bloody ball on the deck and stop hoofing. Unfortunately, whether its Kasper or any of our defenders bar the lads who play on the left side, they dont seem to be able to retain the ball. Im so glad i saw that as part of me thought that us punting it up to players who never win the ball in the air was his tactic.

I think we played well, made more clear chances with shots on goal that I can remember and I am full of optimism for the future, especially if Claudio manages to add that Central Defender and Right back that we are constantly linked to.

7/10, two poorly defended goals so we need to learn but we also know we are weak at the back but we are still in the draw.

Overall another poor performance. Confidence is disappearing quickly from the players. You can see many of them don't want the ball and when they get it take the easy option of sideways or backwards.

King has possession on the edge of their Box and the ball ends up back with Kasper, appalling.  He was also the cause of the 2nd Goal, not that he got much help from DD.

Gray offer nothing except wasting possession. Vardy I felt a bit sorry for because he's not getting any service from anyone. He's not been played in or getting any decent balls over the top.

Oki tried but falls over too much, maybe he needs Rugby studs in his Boots .Albrighton I thought was our best player as at least he tried. I still cannot understand switching him left when Mahrez came on, just leave them to support each other. On the plus side at least we're still in the cup and I'm sure we'll be better at home.

8 minutes ago, Thracian said:

It's more than results though, it's the kind of performances we've been putting on. We've hardly been entertaining. Or in any way committed to attack. Or even rousingly competitive.  Sometimes we wouldn't have raised a complaint in a library.  Beautiful game? It's been boring as a boat trip to Bergen much of the time.    

I don't disagree Thracian but I don't recall the team playing particularly good or entertaining football when we were losing week in week out in the 14/15 season yet the atmosphere amongst the fans wasn't anywhere near as flat as it is right now. I appreciate it's very frustrating watching the Premier League Champions put in such sub standard performances as we know they are far better individually and collectively than what they have demonstrated so far this season, but I believe the fans need to play their part too as our support over the previous two seasons certainly played a role in picking the team up when the going got tough.

Jamie Vardy is 5ft 10 who plays off the shoulder and loves balls to feet or to run onto. You can't criticise a man who's only service is the long punt up front or the hopeful lump in the air from midfield. Vardy is basically being criticised for not being 6ft 5 and being a target man.

the team and tactics are not working and we grabbing onto hope that we are getting better when actually we are getting worse. 

20 minutes ago, smr said:

I dont think vardy looked disinterested at all. The system and players behind him just isnt working for him.... hence perhaps the interest in gaston.

To be honest I think the criticism of Vardy recently has been a tad harsh. The service he's been having to work with this season has been very poor.

We have two strikers (Slimani/Vardy) that WILL score goals, if we give them service. Mahrez looked back to his best tonight & with the arrival of Ramirez, hopefully them two

can create the chances Slimani & Vardy need.

Much better performance than recent weeks. We created chances for a start. Defence still looks wobbly, but all in all I'll take the positives from that into Tuesday.

Harsh comments on Vardy, I thought he did okay. Some good flick ons and passes with minimal service.

Reassuring to see we can pass it on the floor too!

Very relieved.  Derby REALLY wanted to win this and thought that they would.  I don't think I could have faced them winning their cup final.

Defeat would have been a Wycombe-like psychological blow to an already fragile team.

We'll beat them at the KP.

8 minutes ago, crazyleicester said:

Reading some of the stuff in here it makes you wonder if people were watching the same game as me lol

Firstly, they are an in form side but importantly have some good players. Baird is an International, Keough and Russell, then they have some decent younger lads worth a few quid like Will Hughes and Ince and some experience in Bent and Carson. In the last round the knocked out a fellow Prem club on their own patch last time out and against us had home advantage. Despite us being the prem club, I fully expected them to come right at us from the kick off because that is what happens in the cup even with lower league sides. However, from the get go we pressed high, harassed them and they hardly came out of their own half for 20 mins. They scored a goal from a set piece which was a great header (we possibly could have defended better) and then we lost our way a little bit. They scored a really good second but again King and Drinky were all over the shop and we should have put a challenge in.

In the second half we had a sequence of unreal chances with a Vardy header, Okazaki from a few yards and almost a mirror image chance from Gray. Gray also hit the post. At no stage did Derby have amazing chances. They did have a couple of speculative shots but really we deserved at least a draw.

Tactically CR got it right with doubling up on the left to negate Ince who had a stinker and Albrighton looked really good on the right again. He made some changes which were effective, especially Gray and Mahrez with the latter looking like he has come back from the Afcon in a good mood (I loved the way he even celebrated our equaliser). We also got a glimpse of CR and his frustration when the ball went out for a throw in as he grabbed hold of the ball and started to  gesticulate to pass the bloody ball on the deck and stop hoofing. Unfortunately, whether its Kasper or any of our defenders bar the lads who play on the left side, they dont seem to be able to retain the ball. Im so glad i saw that as part of me thought that us punting it up to players who never win the ball in the air was his tactic.

I think we played well, made more clear chances with shots on goal that I can remember and I am full of optimism for the future, especially if Claudio manages to add that Central Defender and Right back that we are constantly linked to.

7/10, two poorly defended goals so we need to learn but we also know we are weak at the back but we are still in the draw.

That's enough with the sensible and rational comments! Spot on though

9 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

I would really like to know, how many km Vardy run tonight.

A striker needs proper service.

Vardy didn't get it tonight.

Again.

You cannot blame it all on bad service. Drinkwaters shot late on, Carson makes a poor save, parried dead centre on the edge of the six yard box. Vardy has got to gamble and follow it in, instead the defender can clear easily. Mahrez getting through three, looks to play it across the face - your striker has to gamble there as well, not just stand at the edge of the box waiting for it to bounce your way. If you're getting crumbs, you have to make the effort to turn any territory into a chance.

The problem tonight was we were trying to play up to Vardy when we should have been playing in front of Derby. They were strong in the middle of Defence and just loved the ball being thrown in on top of them. We should have been playing in the hole pulling them out of position and passing around them. If were going to continue to lump it forward we might as well sign Crouch at least he'll win a few of the headers.

3 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

To be honest I think the criticism of Vardy recently has been a tad harsh. The service he's been having to work with this season has been very poor.

We have two strikers (Slimani/Vardy) that WILL score goals, if we give them service. Mahrez looked back to his best tonight & with the arrival of Ramirez, hopefully them two

can create the chances Slimani & Vardy need.

Totally agree. The reason Vardy was so successful last season, was due to the quality of service he got. Yes we played some long balls, but they were hit with purpose and accuracy and into open areas where he could run into and collect the ball. This season we are seeing high, floated balls into a crowded area of opposition defenders and Vardy on his own, isolated or with 5ft5 Okazaki who also can't do anything with them. It really is just dumb play. I don't even blame Claudio, as you could see him screaming for them to play it on the floor. The back four just look terrified and the midfield are just rushing their passes.

We looked so much better when Mahrez came on, who actually held the ball or ran with it, and then picked an intelligent pass out, rather than the "no look" hoof we see from everyone else. 

The one area where we can't defend Vardy, is his pressing and work rate, This has noticably dropped off this season, and there are no excuses for that. Getting good service or not, should not effect his ability to close down and be the menace he was last season. It was better tonight and you could see in the first 20 minutes, the positive impact it was having. Needs to do it every game though.

23 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Great call.

He was about 5 rows down from us and we were more excited about seeing him in his padded jacket!!!

1 hour ago, maddog said:

We created chances, several chances which is a big positive as we didn't even have a sniff at Southampton.

Defence needs replacing. I wonder if Arsenal's summer offer for Vardy still stands. They haven't signed another striker and if Wenger wants him he can have him now. I'd ring them and say have him for 25 million. 100,000 a week. The highest paid Leicester City player ever... Sickening.

Offer Liverpool Vardy for Sturridge?

Its not that he's out of form he's barely even trying. If he was running his guts out and not scoring as many fine. He's just not bothered anymore he has huge money and nothing to 'prove' after last season.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but paying a player 100k a week who used to show up drunk to training (allegedly) seems a little ludicrous. 

are you for real?, his 20+ goals won us the league last year

Archived