Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

If Ranieri goes, manager suggestions

It won't be Pearson, that ship has sailed and he'd have to throw out more stroppy selfish overpaid bastards now than he did first time around.

If he does go then we go for anothe rup and coming manager in the Championship, rather than a past it big name who is up for a last pay off.

25 minutes ago, SmokingAces said:

Why so?

1. He went to Newcastle in a far worse situation

2. He stuck with Newcastle when they went down

3. At very least he would get a last 16 CL tie to oversee to go alongside the 15 league games to save us

4. We have the money even if it was to cost

5. Newcastle are pretty much up so would that money grabbing Ashley really object to getting a pay off for him?

You've lost me.

3 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Who's available that is the sort of manager who walks into a mess and sorts it instantly? I reckon Nigel's positive relationship with most of what is still a very talented squad gives him as good a chance of turning things around as anyone. Plus there'd be some confidence that if we did go down he'd definitely be willing to stay and definitely be capable of doing a good job. I mean it's a pointless discussion because we've got a manager, he's probably going nowhere and even if he did we'd never reappoint Nigel, but he would be a damn good option if we end up looking for a new manager.

I'd back Rowett to come, and I'd back Rowett to sort it, personally, his man management skills seem spot on.

Let's remember according to some all we have to do is motivate the lads a bit and we have the best team in the league. Much as I think that is a load of old shit it is quite obvious we are capable of considerably better than what we are producing at the moment, we look poor.

I too doubt Claudio will go anywhere in the immediate future and I am yet to want him gone but if things carry on it is plane to see what direction this is going in. He needs some results soon, defeats to Debry and Swansea and I think the pressure will be very very real. 

3 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Who's available that is the sort of manager who walks into a mess and sorts it instantly? I reckon Nigel's positive relationship with most of what is still a very talented squad gives him as good a chance of turning things around as anyone. Plus there'd be some confidence that if we did go down he'd definitely be willing to stay and definitely be capable of doing a good job. I mean it's a pointless discussion because we've got a manager, he's probably going nowhere and even if he did we'd never reappoint Nigel, but he would be a damn good option if we end up looking for a new manager.

I just don't think he'd be what he was without Walsh long term, as I said recruitment is absolutely key with him.

Who would sort out a mess instantly, I don't know I've not researched every single option available over the last year, as I'd hope the club have. But it will need to be someone with knowledge of the league, knowledge of our players, and opposition. Most importantly someone tactically astute who can walk in and work with what he's got.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'd back Rowett to come, and I'd back Rowett to sort it, personally, his man management skills seem spot on.

Let's remember according to some all we have to do is motivate the lads a bit and we have the best team in the league. Much as I think that is a load of old shit it is quite obvious we are capable of considerably better than what we are producing at the moment, we look poor.

I too doubt Claudio will go anywhere in the immediate future and I am yet to want him gone but if things carry on it is plane to see what direction this is going in. He needs some results soon, defeats to Debry and Swansea and I think the pressure will be very very real. 

It already very real.  He looks lost.  This stopped being fun a while ago.  I would be open to Rowett giving it a go.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

What he did at Birmingham was excellent, gets the players on side and gets them working for him pretty much straight away. I know people moan about his style of play, but they did the same about Pearson. Yes he always bordered on the cautious side. But we could play good football when he'd got the players to do so.

Backing a long term manager he'd be a good bet. Just a risk in this league as to whether the players will respect him.

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

It already very real.  He looks lost.  This stopped being fun a while ago.  I would be open to Rowett giving it a go.

I don't think it is quite yet. The media have yet to descend upon him but I don't think it will be long before they do. 

I'd certainly prefer him over Owl Face, while he might have a decent track record steadying ships we are not Inter Milan. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

What he did at Birmingham was excellent, gets the players on side and gets them working for him pretty much straight away. I know people moan about his style of play, but they did the same about Pearson. Yes he always bordered on the cautious side. But we could play good football when he'd got the players to do so.

Backing a long term manager he'd be a good bet. Just a risk in this league as to whether the players will respect him.

100% agree with this... some of our passing at times in the survival season was so so good to watch.

The most concerning thing about my statement above is those same players can't pass anymore for some reason!

Guus Hiddink as safe hands until the end of the season - look what he did for Chelsea last season (Champions from the previous season who were languising near the relegation zone when he took over - and finished half way on 50 points - I'd take that).  And the doomsayers on here, say he hasn't faced a relegation fight .... !?

Roberto Mancini would be more of a gamble, but might be another option.

As a long term choice (a big gamble at this stage), I would go for Gary Rowett.  Goodness know why Brum got rid of him.  Good record for Birmingham and a great success at Burton - but they are in the FL, not the Premiership.   

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

100% agree with this... some of our passing at times in the survival season was so so good to watch.

The most concerning thing about my statement above is those same players can't pass anymore for some reason!

They can pass, I think the problem is support. Nobody supports each other, they all look to run away from the player with the ball rather than too the player with the ball. Invariably that means you only end up with one or two options already mark or a hoof.

24 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

I'd have no confidence in him doing a good job at all without Walsh handing him good players, and even with Walsh I'd be very unsure. I mean, did you not see the total and utter shambles he made of the Derby job? He took a team who were on table topping form and immediately dumped them into the relegation zone. Since he left the exact same team is 3rd in the form rankings. Pearson was getting them relegated. It ranks as one of the worst managerial performances in English professional football history. And then he punched the owner in the face and got himself sacked. Man's head is shot to bits. Some confidence? Absolutely no confidence whatsoever.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Order of gaffers I'd like

Howe

Wagner

Nagelsmann

Wagner is a possibility but there's zero chance we will get Nagelsmann and 0.5% chance of Howe.

Archived