Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

If Ranieri goes, manager suggestions

In my opinion the only way I can see our season turning around is by getting the right manager in. Rafa had an instant impact at Newcastle when they looked completely dead and buried, Champions League experience, think it would be a possibility (however potentially expensive one) and best of all he would be one for next season too (unlike a Sam Allardyce/Tony Pulis type who would be a short term option).

Wondered what others think? I personally don't think it's worth replacing CR with anyone that would be a gamble/unproven but in Rafa I would believe!

It's a weird one and a complete gamble if we do it, but I think it's a gamble we need to make. I thought Hull would be even worse off, getting that Marco Silva in. It needs to be done with caution, but something, anything has to galvanise this bunch of losers at the minute.

I don't think Mancini is the answer. If it were Rowett, it's throwing him in at the deep end.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Unrealistic, not gonna happen but I want it to: Pearson.

Not sure if it unrealistic or not: Mancini.

Risky: Rowett.

Why so?

1. He went to Newcastle in a far worse situation

2. He stuck with Newcastle when they went down

3. At very least he would get a last 16 CL tie to oversee to go alongside the 15 league games to save us

4. We have the money even if it was to cost

5. Newcastle are pretty much up so would that money grabbing Ashley really object to getting a pay off for him?

2 minutes ago, SmokingAces said:

Why so?

1. He went to Newcastle in a far worse situation

2. He stuck with Newcastle when they went down

3. At very least he would get a last 16 CL tie to oversee to go alongside the 15 league games to save us

4. We have the money even if it was to cost

5. Newcastle are pretty much up so would that money grabbing Ashley really object to getting a pay off for him?

What's Newcastle and Benitez got to do with any of them?

He said "Risky Rowett" not Rafa Benitez.

:D

Guest LCFC_World

Why do some people hate the idea of Pearson. I know it's never gonna happen with the current owners but still, he knows how to escape relegation and no players are gonna mess around with him or take his kindness for granted. 

1 hour ago, LCFC_World said:

Why do some people hate the idea of Pearson. I know it's never gonna happen with the current owners but still, he knows how to escape relegation and no players are gonna mess around with him or take his kindness for granted. 

I was always a huge backer of Pearson as I always appreciated everything he was trying to do. But I don't think he's the sort of manager who walks into a mess and sorts it instantly.

He just isn't good enough tactically for a start. He usually succeeds as he creates a great spirit, but that takes time and evolution to work. It's not his squad anymore, many of them have moved on and there is probably a bit of a toxic atmosphere to sort out.

I also think that recruitment was always key for him. Without Walsh I really don't think that it would be anything like before, he was very much a manager that replaced players rather than taking what he had and improving it. Walsh handing him fantastic players makes his job so much easier.

Plus, he wouldn't come back here in a month of Sunday's now I don't think.

6 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Someone like David Wagner at Huddersfield, young and ambitious, but really think who ever comes has got a massive job on ,similar to when Pearson took over from Sven.

Wagner's a great shout. He's got a pretty limited group playing some cracking stuff- high energy, constant pressing, quick attacks.

It would be a risk, but I think he'd get us scrapping again and would play to our players' strengths. He also likes interacting with the crowd, hopefully he could get that bond going again- certainly wouldn't let everyone sulk off down the tunnel without applauding our fans after we've just been battered away.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm was always a huge backer of Pearson as I always appreciated everything he was trying to do. But I don't think he's the sort of manager who walks into a mess and sorts it instantly.

He just isn't good enough tactically for a start. He usually succeeds as he creates a great spirit, but that takes time and evolution to work. It's not his squad anymore, many of them have moved on and there is probably a bit of a toxic atmosphere to sort out.

I also think that recruitment was always key for him. Without Walsh I really don't think that it would be anything like before, he was very much a manager that replaced players rather than taking what he had and improving it. Walsh handing him fantastic players makes his job so much easier.

Indeed, Pearson is not happening so get that out your heads now gentleman. 

If he goes then Hiddink. All these suggestions for a young manager won't help if someone young takes us down anyway. 

Need someone capable of handling egos and with the owners' permission, drop the team's main stars. 

Whoever comes in has a hell of a job on their hands though. We only have players capable of the long ball game which every other team has sussed out. 

Surely no one with a stable mind could even suggest Pearson, its these players, they need to pull their socks up because at the end of the day its the players that win or lose a game for a team. Seriously lacking quality in the squad. I think Ranieri is at fault however I cant see how giving him the boot would do anything other than disrupt the club

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I'm was always a huge backer of Pearson as I always appreciated everything he was trying to do. But I don't think he's the sort of manager who walks into a mess and sorts it instantly.

Who's available that is the sort of manager who walks into a mess and sorts it instantly? I reckon Nigel's positive relationship with most of what is still a very talented squad gives him as good a chance of turning things around as anyone. Plus there'd be some confidence that if we did go down he'd definitely be willing to stay and definitely be capable of doing a good job. I mean it's a pointless discussion because we've got a manager, he's probably going nowhere and even if he did we'd never reappoint Nigel, but he would be a damn good option if we end up looking for a new manager.

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Martin O'Neill for an immediate impact and to lift the fans. Can't see him leaving Ireland with a world cup next year though. 

...should Ranieri go of course.

Only 1 qualifying fame until the end of season v wales, plus friendly v iceland, i would love it if it was him and bring keane to give the players a kick up the arse too

Impossible Dream: The Nigel

Possible Dream: Mancini (think we are too far gone for him to want to put his CV on the line now)

Risks worth taking: Monk if he can be tempted, or Rowett.

They'd go for Hodgson though, clear as day.

Keep Ranieri and sack the lazy inept greedy overpaid players who wanted other clubs in the summer but then got massive pay rises and have been useless this season....

Other option is to get a younger coach in to work under Ranieri's wing and we go again, City  have collectively been awful and I blame the overpaid greedy players not the Man who fulfilled all of our dreams last season..... :scarf:

People are forgetting the length of time negotiations take when LCFC are involved.  There are only 3 and a half months left of the season, it is highly unlikely we have enough time to appoint a permanent manager before May. 

Archived