Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Derby (home) FA Cup Replay Pre-Match Thread

This could prove to be one of the most important games in our season. Literally any glimmer of confidence is vital for our game on Sunday. Despite how shit we currently are, you have to bare in mind that Swansea are below us in the table for one simple reason - they've been worse. A victory here and we should start the exact same team against Swansea to see if we can get our tiny balls to produce some much needed semen. 

There does need some drastic thinking in prep for the Swansea game.

We shouldnt tinker too much but there definitely needs some changes. He needs to decide who's worse out of Morgan and Huth and drop one of them.  I'd probably drop Huth and replace him with Benny.  Simpson also needs to go but our options are scarce so I'd probably go with Albrighton (I know its not his natural position but he can defend well and support the attack when required).  Chilwell needs to replace Fuchs completing the back 4.

In midfield, Drinkwater simply doesn't deserve to start so Mendy should partner Ndidi.

The 3 behind the 1 should IMO be Gray, Kapi and Mahrez with Slimani up front.

So:-

Kasper

Albrighton  Wes  Benny   Chilwell

Ndidi    Mendy

Gray             Kapi           Mahrez

Slimani

Does anyone know is Amarty is back yet and ready to play? Please can we drop Simpson? He is one of the most limited footballers ive ever seen play in the prem. All he does is kick the ball out constantly. Bang New lad in at Rb and Amarty in at centre back but i would keep Huth in with him. Although they have been bad together i think it would be dangerous to drop both Huth and Morgan. Think Huth could be decent again with some one with a bit pf pace next to him. 3-1 City!!!!

How come Wague cant play? 

CR said there will be lots of changes for this game.  I hope the reason is to see what the fringe players can do with a view to playing in the prem.  I fear though, it will just be to rest the senior players and put them straight back in regardless.

Honestly, i think Vardy must have a clause in his contract that he has to be starting 95% of prem games.  

We can't field a weak team but need to be mindful of the 6 pointer against Swansea.

Kasper

Simpson   Benny  Huth  Chilwell

Musa     Mendy       King     Gray

Okazaki  Ulloa (if fit)

That way it leaves Albrighton and Mahrez fresh for Swansea. Would like to see Wague in for Huth but may be dangerous playing a brand new player next to a player who never plays. Keeping Huth may help keep some structure.

No point resting Kasper. GK is barely a tiring position and he is better than our defence at stopping opposition chances.

Save Drinkwater and Ndidi for Swanse aswell as Vardy. Personally i don't think Vardy should be anywhere near the starting 11 however there is little alternative.

Always a tough one as do you field the best team to win and boost morale, or field a weaker team and potentially lose which add more flames to the fire?

I think Klopp messed up badly in the FA cup when Liverpool just needed a win to get back on track, they are now even worse than before confidence wise.

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Probably a good opportunity to have a look at a new formation/s and whether it can accustom effectively certain player's to gel as a team.

He has tried so many though, surely a bit of consistency in the side/setup is more important?

2 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

got to be the final nail if we lose this. The owners know this is a big game for us and Derby, even though they claim we aint their rivals, will be out to win. 

Can't see them being remotely bothered about this to be honest. Swansea is the one for them. 

I would argue playing the strongest team possible (god knows what that is at the moment) and try to give them a confidence boost with a good display and a win.

2 hours ago, Wilson_6 said:

Does anyone know is Amarty is back yet and ready to play? Please can we drop Simpson? He is one of the most limited footballers ive ever seen play in the prem. All he does is kick the ball out constantly. Bang New lad in at Rb and Amarty in at centre back but i would keep Huth in with him. Although they have been bad together i think it would be dangerous to drop both Huth and Morgan. Think Huth could be decent again with some one with a bit pf pace next to him. 3-1 City!!!!

How come Wague cant play?

I'm guessing because he wasn't with us for the original tie?

In which case replace him with wasyl. Just please no Simpson, Morgan or huth.

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I'm guessing because he wasn't with us for the original tie?

In which case replace him with wasyl. Just please no Simpson, Morgan or huth.

Someone even slower, reckless and loves hoofing? Don't see the point.

Just now, filbertway said:

Someone even slower, reckless and loves hoofing? Don't see the point.

Eh, he'd have at least taken one for the team first half yesterday unlike Huth. Besides, I think he's probably played more passes on the ground this season than Morgan and huth put together. Basically anyone but those two - they have to be dropped for months of shit showings.

Archived