Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hejammy

Press conference

Shakey is a very good coach and the players like him. That's were the problem is, he has been there mate for years. What do you think the reaction will be if drops one the senior players. They won't respect it, it will be blah blah what the **** shakey blah blah. He might one day be a good manager, but it very rarely works at a club where the assistant worked previously.

10 hours ago, Line-X said:

When Pardew left that January, Newcastle were in tenth place. Carver presided over the worst run of form in the clubs history in the PL - between March and May eight straight defeats which saw them plummet into a relegation dogfight. Carver didn't keep them up at all - he very nearly took a team down that was far better than the final standings indicated. They were saved on the last day of the season and by the fact that QPR, Hull, Burnley, Villa and Sunderland were all inferior. He was utterly clueless - remember the farcical visit here? Also, he's just been sacked at Nicosia after a revolt by the fans. 

I wasn't even speculating about the spectre of relegation. I have great faith in Shakespeare but the weight of expectation is huge. The similarities are there, bar the fact that Shakey actually has a clue.

He did. 

Shakey'll start Morgan and Huth. The team probably want him because he'll toe the line.

Get ready for the black pit of depression, despair and dejection, guys!

Just get Mancini in. First meeting. Items: 1) Team sheet 2) All the players 3) A gun with rubber bullets inside.

On 2/24/2017 at 07:30, Line-X said:

I like Craig Shakespeare a lot, but the rapidity of Claudio's departure and the weight of expectation has a potential John Carver scenario written all over it.  

yep.. doesn't matter who he put on the pitch

the crowd will be itching & baying for some claudio blood.  if they beat liverpool -then maybe they can reclaim some respectability

but i am guessing a lost 2-0

I think they all love and respect Shakey and therefore they'll run their socks off for him. Which will frustrate me because they could have just done that a few months ago but at least it will lead to us getting some results. As for nice guy, I think he is but I bet he can shout too. He's worked alongside NP let's remember. 

He handled the questions brilliantly. Didn't look phased at all by the difficult questions posed to him and what I thought was really promising was the fact that he took ownership of his interim position. He told the media he wanted to motivate 'his players' and discuss with 'his staff'; says a lot about his character. He's straight talking, which perhaps is what we need at the moment to steady the ship. 

I don't give a toss what Shakespeare has to say - only what he does.

I presume the owners believe his appointment is the best for continuity this season and, because, the players told/indicated that's what they'd like or accept.   

Longer term, who knows? If Shakespeare's tenure lasts longer than I'd imagine and he keeps us up, that would be a massive achievement however experienced a manager he is or isn't.

But my belief is we need a genuinely strong and imaginative manager who knows what's needed to produce football success and has an in-built desire to do the job in an entertaining way.

Please don't mistake the idea of "entertaining" as being somehow soft.

A squad of totally unknown. super-fit, ball-playing, competititve hard-cases who could tackle, think, pass and shoot would do me fine. :D

3 hours ago, Line-X said:

No he didn't - he very nearly took them down...his team kept them up alongside other favourable results.

I understand.

In his managing capacity and title 'the manger' he kept them up, but "very nearly took them down' thanks for that. 

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

No, he didn't. They stayed up, but that's not the same thing. They were midtable and he dragged them into a relegation battle. What kept them up is he wasn't appointed a couple of weeks earlier.

Sorry, I get confused. I thought if a manager that managed a team that came close to relegation but the team survived and didn't become relegated, the manager would be classed as "keeping them up" I never knew it was so complicated.

I hope I'm not misinterpreting you. 

Just now, Danny Clender said:

Sorry, I get confused. I thought if a manager that managed a team that came close to relegation but the team survived and didn't become relegated, the manager would be classed as "keeping them up" I never knew it was so complicated.

I hope I'm not misinterpreting you. 

Keeping them up implies he achieved something. He didn't, he just ran out of time to get them down.

15 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I don't give a toss what Shakespeare has to say - only what he does.

I presume the owners believe his appointment is the best for continuity this season and, because, the players told/indicated that's what they'd like or accept.   

Longer term, who knows? If Shakespeare's tenure lasts longer than I'd imagine and he keeps us up, that would be a massive achievement however experienced a manager he is or isn't.

But my belief is we need a genuinely strong and imaginative manager who knows what's needed to produce football success and has an in-built desire to do the job in an entertaining way.

Please don't mistake the idea of "entertaining" as being somehow soft.

A squad of totally unknown. super-fit, ball-playing, competititve hard-cases who could tackle, think, pass and shoot would do me fine. :D

All the simple things in Foottball, It's amazing how successful it can be.

Just now, The Doctor said:

Keeping them up implies he achieved something. He didn't, he just ran out of time to get them down.

hahaha, brilliant, still ket them up though, won the last game. 

He achieved notoriety in saying he was the 'best coach in the premier league' He wasn't very good, by all accounts.

I wasn't too happy at seeing Carver's situation being compared to Shakey's.

As always, I time will tell. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Listen I don't wanna stir the pot or even create rumours but anyone think Shakey's gave Pearson a call for advice or even the players? Not that it really matters, i'd just be intruiged, not even sure why! lol 

I think he was asked this at the press conference, and he said no. He was also asked if Ranieri had asked for his (Shakespeare's) advice on relegation battles lol it was about 30 mins long and the full thing is in 2 parts on YouTube

wow Kasper was just 'interviewed' by SkySports a moment ago.. looks very nervous, stammers body language betrayed him.

He was asked about his hand in the removal of CR..all he kept harping on was he never spoke to the owners and said the owners are very seasoned businessmen and makes important decisions all the time and players have no influence over the sacking.

watched it and hmmmmmm... his body language says it all.  yep i think those newspaper reports are right on.

Archived