Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hejammy

Press conference

Oh god you all want ****ing Shakespeare to get the job don't you.

Jesus christ.

A man with zero actual managerial experience who was part of the coaching staff anyway. A coaching staff we are now apparently blaming entirely for what's happened this season (or is that just Ranieri? I get confused. I assume he did all of his work on his own with no input from any coaches. Except the foreign ones and the ones we don't like obviously)

2 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

Jesus christ.

A man with zero actual managerial experience who was part of the coaching staff anyway. A coaching staff we are now apparently blaming entirely for what's happened this season (or is that just Ranieri? I get confused. I assume he did all of his work on his own with no input from any coaches. Except the foreign ones and the ones we don't like obviously)

Shat up!

23 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

mourinhos press conference was interesting. wore a shirt with ranieris initials , probably knows how he feels

Maybe he secretly had feelings for Ranieri. He's certainly close with Wenger

48 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Shakespeare's team selection on Monday will tell us just how much he was in agreement with Ranieri's decisions.

Same line up but different performance we know it was a motivation issue. Different line up and different performance we know there were tactical differences. Different line up and same performance we know we're ****ed!

Succinctly put and spot on.

54 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

Jesus christ.

It seems very telling that all of the staff Ranieri brought in have also left with him, whereas those here from the Pearson era have remained...

I'd be more than happy with Shakey in charge. Until the summer at the very least.

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

Carver kept them up.

When Pardew left that January, Newcastle were in tenth place. Carver presided over the worst run of form in the clubs history in the PL - between March and May eight straight defeats which saw them plummet into a relegation dogfight. Carver didn't keep them up at all - he very nearly took a team down that was far better than the final standings indicated. They were saved on the last day of the season and by the fact that QPR, Hull, Burnley, Villa and Sunderland were all inferior. He was utterly clueless - remember the farcical visit here? Also, he's just been sacked at Nicosia after a revolt by the fans. 

I wasn't even speculating about the spectre of relegation. I have great faith in Shakespeare but the weight of expectation is huge. The similarities are there, bar the fact that Shakey actually has a clue.

5 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Leicester City interim manager Craig Shakespeare speaking of the sacking of Claudio Ranieri:

"It's very sad. We all know these things happen in football but everyone at the club will have to remember him and have the utmost respect for what has achieved. 

"We know people lose jobs for results and that's what seems to have happened here. 

"We have to respect the owners decision. We haven't been good enough this season."

Sounds absolutely devastated doesn't he? lol

5 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Shakespeare recounts the moment he was asked to take up the managerial reins from the sacked Claudio Ranieri:

"We flew back from Seville. There were problems with landing in the storm. I arrived home and the director of football told me what was happening and asked me to be caretaker for the next game," he told a news conference.

"Whether I think this is the right decision is irrelevant. We know results have not been good enough.

"There's a lot speculation with no foundation about my relationship with Claudio. It has been perfectly fine. I spoke to him on the phone he thanked me for the support. It was not brief and we exchanged views. A lot of what we said will stay private.

"I always feel sory when people lose their jobs. I'm not aware of the club having spoken to any candidates.

"Do I think i can do job? Yes. Does it phase me ? No.

Does it faze him? Or is he going to do it in stages?

Guest CityFan 06

Thought Shakespeare came across wonderfully well earlier on today. Spoke well, answered well. A few others on Twitter were praising him for how professional he was.

Archived