Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Poor TV pundits with sh#te opinions

Guest MattP

The standard of punditry has been horrific.

Phil Neville not knowing Uruguay had won the World Cup, Mark Lawrenson claiming Kante plays too deep, Patrice Evra appearing to not know the offside rule.

The token women have actually been no worse than the blokes.

44 minutes ago, Corky said:

Ally McCoist has been great, loves his banter and knows his stuff.

Yes him and Jon Champion as a pairing have been awesome! Seem like two good friends on holiday. Genuine banter and playing well of one another. McCoist is also enthusiastic in general and positive about the competition, which makes a huge difference to the usual negativity from others.

• Like 3

Love, LOVE that MON is back on TV for the WC. I could listen to him all day, the bloke’s an absolute legend.

He’s so intense, too. Constantly sounds like your favourite uncle who’s slightly peeved off and having a moan at you for kicking your ball into his favourite Begonia.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 25/06/2018 at 18:45, MattP said:

The standard of punditry has been horrific.

Phil Neville not knowing Uruguay had won the World Cup, Mark Lawrenson claiming Kante plays too deep, Patrice Evra appearing to not know the offside rule.

The token women have actually been no worse than the blokes.

I’m sorry but I think every one I’ve seen has been absolutely appalling. The lack of knowledge they show and the way they force something (usually blindingly obvious or completely incorrect) into the discussions has been embarrassing. 

For example, one tonight explaining how Kolorov at LB should have closed the space between him and his CB to prevent the Paulinho goal. Firstly the run should have been tracked by the deepest midfielder. Secondly, had Kolorov tucked in, Brazil’s right winger would have been left with acres of space, received the ball and no doubt skinned (a then out of position) Kolorov.

She was making a point for the sake of making a point and all she did was make herself look clueless. 

3 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Love, LOVE that MON is back on TV for the WC. I could listen to him all day, the bloke’s an absolute legend.

He’s so intense, too. Constantly sounds like your favourite uncle who’s slightly peeved off and having a moan at you for kicking your ball into his favourite Begonia.

2 hours ago, don_danbury said:

He knows his stuff on paramonia and scrabania. i got quite stuck on those levels.

What does he think about MONs Begonia? 

On 25/06/2018 at 12:57, RonnieTodger said:

There are too many shit British pundits just don't do their research. They roll up to studio with the view that everything revolves around the Premier League & England and that's all they know. When Guardiola initially struggled at Man City, Danny Mills said "it's because there are only 2 competitive teams in Spain, 1 in Germany and 20 in England". Like Watford are more of a challenge than Atletico Madrid.

People like Phil Neville, Ian Dowie and Dion Dublin are just making stuff up about the lesser nations because they can't be arsed to look into it. Alex Scott's comments are very simplistic whereas Eni Aluko seems okay.

All part of the PL propaganda. It's a dangerous route to go down. Skews reality for the casual viewer and raises expectation uncontrollably.

• Like 1

The piece of punditry that most annoys me is universal across channels and speakers. It's opinions on penalty taking. Every time a penalty is saved it's called a poor penalty. Every time one is scored it's called a great penalty. This is bollocks. You can hit a great penalty and the gk make a fantastic save. You can hit a terrible miskick and score. It drives me nuts. A penalty was called terrible last night that was driven hard right towards the inside of the post but the gk made an incredible save. It was called a poor penalty. Rubbish.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Martin “I don’t sweat but I’m sweating tonight” Keown

That made me laugh. 

And when he mentioned he was wearing his 'BBC trousers' lol What a dick

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

31 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

That made me laugh. 

There was also a bit where he asked the commentator if he could "lipread in Japanese". lol Just absolutely bizarre co-commentary from Keown.

38 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

That made me laugh. 

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Must be the BBC trousers lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

If you want a fun drinking game, drink every time Martin Keown says "unbelievable." There was a five minute spell where he wouldn't stop.

Yeah he called Chadli's winner an 'unbelievable strike' after he tapped it in from about 6 yards lol

• Haha 1