Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Poor TV pundits with sh#te opinions

4 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Glenn Hoddle saying that we play better football now than when we won the league is also up there. 

Complete tool as Tony Casarinio said in he’s book, if he was an Ice he’d lick himself.

Good player, average manager and a bit of a dick as a person.

As for Keown, like most pundit, only a pundit because they can’t cut it at management. Like Neville and Shearer great a talking and draw arrows on a screen but could manage their way out of a paper bag! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Keown's a tool. The kind of guy in your local pub who thinks he's got something insightful to say - but reveals a stunning lack of intelligence. Plus he looks like that alien in Men in Black who kept having his head blown off

http://www.media3.hw-static.com/wp-content/uploads/men-in-black-ii-movie-still-tony-shalhoub-stars-as-jeebs-an-alien-pawnshop-owner_1110436-398x305.jpeg

Im so glad you said that......I thought I was alone in thinking that!   :)

• 1 month later...
On 07/05/2018 at 14:49, Sharpe's Fox said:

Martin Keown is the missing evolutionary link between ape and early homo sapien

1101940314_400.jpg

lol

For anyone who hasn't seen this before, that's not a photoshop, it's an actual Time magazine cover.  Uncanny likeness of Keown. From 1994 Time magazine. 

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/0,9263,7601940314,00.html

Edited by Gerard
  • Haha 3

...and why do commentators and pundits get SO carried away with Brazil? Yes they're okay; but goodness,  they're far from being the great entertainers of the past.

1958, 1962 and 1970 a long, long time gone!

Edited by SuperMike
Fingers useless on keyboard!

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Brazil fawning wound me up in 2014 and it's the same here. Over-rated.

Couldn't agree more. Fans around the world are being short changed as we are not seeing 90 minutes of football. If they cann produce all manner of facts such as possession, tackles made, number of and accuracy of passes then surely it's not beyond the wit of man to state how much in-play football has been played. Time for FIFA to take timekeeping out of the hands of the match officials and have a Rugby League style official clock which is stopped every time the ball is out of play. Whether games would take 3 hours or more it matters not a jot. What does matter is that the paying public have 90 minutes of proper football and the antics excluded.

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Did anyone hear Keown in the Nigeria match, in the first half? Musa was given offside, they showed a replay where he quite clearly (to my eyes anyway) was very onside, and Keown just waves the  offside through without bothering to even look.

I couldn’t get past keown repeatedly saying “argentinia”, it consumed my whole being?

• Haha 1

Jermaine Jenas seems level-headed with his viewpoints in general.

People like Tim Sherwood shouldn't be given an opportunity to try punditry due to their big egos.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
Shouldn't, not should.

10 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Jermaine Jenas seems level-headed with his viewpoints in general.

People like Tim Sherwood should be given an opportunity to try punditry due to their big egos.

I wouldn't employ Sherwood to stand behind the counter at a Tesco Extra. The guy's a grade A plonker. 

Agree 100% with everything said above about Glenn nil nil v Italy greatest ever football result in history Hoddle.I like Jenas and Lampard.Cant stand the likes of bitter face Dixon or Neville and Carragher who would make crossing the road complicated,which is why they would never be good managers.

My favourite co commentator is Jim Beglin who was excellent I thought who quietly really knew his stuff but he has disappeared.Probably works for a foreign broadcaster or something 

16 hours ago, dooflip said:

I couldn’t get past keown repeatedly saying “argentinia”, it consumed my whole being?

Me too!! Why do such stupid little things like that grate so much!?

I hate to do this (cos everyone will be listening / counting) but Hoddle can't do 'ings'!

So its passin shootin coverin chasin defendin squarin savin .......

See how many missing gs are in the next match!

PS its not a speech defect or a dialect - he does it for effect. Tw*t.

12 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Me too!! Why do such stupid little things like that grate so much!?

I hate to do this (cos everyone will be listening / counting) but Hoddle can't do 'ings'!

So its passin shootin coverin chasin defendin squarin savin .......

See how many missing gs are in the next match!

PS its not a speech defect or a dialect - he does it for effect. Tw*t.

You've just reminded me.. What ever happened to Danny Ins? 

• Haha 1