Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mahrez555

Shakespeare new manager

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/leicester-city/375/blog/post/3080982/leicester-faith-in-craig-shakespeare-should-not-necessarily-be-long-term

It's frightening to think that this sort of tripe might impact on a manager's future were it not for knowing that our owner's have more sense.

There wasn't any credibility left when the writer referred to the "simple" 4-4-2 system we've reverted to.

It's not a simple 4-4-2 at all. It's a supplemented 4-4-2. The simple 4-4-2 was seriously flawed and cost us dearly in every area.

Shinji's not the greatest footballer in skill terms. Yet he's the beating heart in what makes us effective.

He makes our simple 4-4-2 a 4-(4.5) -1.5 or even 4-5-1 when it's needed and provides the reassurance everyone in the side needs to be that little bit more adventurous when the opportunity arises, whether it be Fuchs joining the attack from full-back or Mahrez being able to save energy for what he does best, but momentarily.

Drinky gets to attack more too, N'didi becomes a threat and Albrighton's like a recharged battery instead of the situation with "simple" 4-4-2 where any mistake or failing is likely to cause chaos and a potential setback.     

What Shakespeare has done is make the sum of the parts equal to more than just their number on a blackboard. To borrow the words used to describe their  philosophy student daughter: "It's heavy light".   

18 minutes ago, Thracian said:

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/leicester-city/375/blog/post/3080982/leicester-faith-in-craig-shakespeare-should-not-necessarily-be-long-term

It's frightening to think that this sort of tripe might impact on a manager's future were it not for knowing that our owner's have more sense.

There wasn't any credibility left when the writer referred to the "simple" 4-4-2 system we've reverted to.

It's not a simple 4-4-2 at all. It's a supplemented 4-4-2. The simple 4-4-2 was seriously flawed and cost us dearly in every area.

Shinji's not the greatest footballer in skill terms. Yet he's the beating heart in what makes us effective.

He makes our simple 4-4-2 a 4-(4.5) -1.5 or even 4-5-1 when it's needed and provides the reassurance everyone in the side needs to be that little bit more adventurous when the opportunity arises, whether it be Fuchs joining the attack from full-back or Mahrez being able to save energy for what he does best, but momentarily.

Drinky gets to attack more too, N'didi becomes a threat and Albrighton's like a recharged battery instead of the situation with "simple" 4-4-2 where any mistake or failing is likely to cause chaos and a potential setback.     

What Shakespeare has done is make the sum of the parts equal to more than just their number on a blackboard. To borrow the words used to describe their  philosophy student daughter: "It's heavy light".   

Yeah there's nothing simple about our 4-4-2. If it were simple it would be like Hodgson's 2 banks of four that he used to great effect at Fulham.

I also agree about Shinji. He gets criticism for not scoring enough but I couldn't care less. His game allows Vardy (and others) to thrive and he does chip in every now and again.

Did anybody else not get paid out on Shakespeare as next Leicester manager? 

Coral have played the "permanent manager" card which I reckon is absolutely ridiculous considering how long he's going to be in charge 

37 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

Did anybody else not get paid out on Shakespeare as next Leicester manager? 

Coral have played the "permanent manager" card which I reckon is absolutely ridiculous considering how long he's going to be in charge 

So far only heard of Coral refusing. Skybet, Paddy, Will Hill have all paid out.

Tbh I think Coral can point to their T&Cs (or lack thereof) regarding the manager market. The other more reputable bookies have a page with their T&Cs specifying the interim manager 10 games clause.

I think @RoyFox had his bet with Coral too.

For what it's worth I think Shakey's getting the job post summer anyway.

6 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

At it again today. Trying to unsettle us now we are back to winning ways.  F off Pat!

His buddy is on here and feeding him info the guy who attacked me and defended him this the ostrich and I'm sure pat will kick us plenty 

he is a cretin Pat Murphy 

11 hours ago, brucey said:

So far only heard of Coral refusing. Skybet, Paddy, Will Hill have all paid out.

Tbh I think Coral can point to their T&Cs (or lack thereof) regarding the manager market. The other more reputable bookies have a page with their T&Cs specifying the interim manager 10 games clause.

I think @RoyFox had his bet with Coral too.

For what it's worth I think Shakey's getting the job post summer anyway.

Racing post were going to run this story and coral threatened to pull all advertising 

crooks 

need a boycott corals thread !!! 

I complained to Coral yesterday by going onto their live chat.  They have paid me this morning so check your accounts.  If you have not had any money then complain and you should be successful!

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

A champions league quarter final... How's that for putting on your blank managerial CV.

Hope he gets so much credit, this man could go on to become a club legend. 

Just gave the world's most in-demand manager an absolute schooling. Might want to pop that on the CV too.

Great interview with Shakespeare midway through this video.

Notable that he says that he thinks Leicester are a better team when pressing from the front at the start of games. It's looking more and more like this is what led to Ranieri's departure. The players know their strengths and limitations and want to play a high press because it gets the best out of them, but Claudio had us playing a more defensive Catenaccio this season instead. Perhaps with a more technical team this would have worked but the last 3 games (and last season) show that a more agressive and direct game helps us punch well above our weight.

So far Shakespeare has not put a foot wrong. It won't go on forever, but currently you'd have to say we should be looking to give him his chance next season too.

When Shakespeare brought on a below-par Musa to replace a tired Vardy, it made me wonder. All players were very tired. And these subs were much later than normal. We needed to secure our defence and protect our lead. We hardly needed to strengthen our attack at this point.

As soon as Shakespeare arrived on the scene, he quickly washed away Ranieri's poor team spirit and gave the team instructions they could follow. He's one of the very few who could have managed this. But he hasn't equalled last season's wonderful subbing.

He's one of the few English professionals who've reached the highest uefa coaching grade. And it's only his fourth game. And he has time to improve. But if he wants the job full time, he'll need to vastly improve here. He's learnt what he shouldn't copy from Ranieri--he now needs to learn what he should.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

When Shakespeare brought on a below-par Musa to replace a tired Vardy, it made me wonder. All players were very tired. And these subs were much later than normal. We needed to secure our defence and protect our lead. We hardly needed to strengthen our attack at this point.

As soon as Shakespeare arrived on the scene, he quickly washed away Ranieri's poor team spirit and gave the team instructions they could follow. He's one of the very few who could have managed this. But he hasn't equalled last season's wonderful subbing.

He's one of the few English professionals who've reached the highest uefa coaching grade. And it's only his fourth game. And he has time to improve. But if he wants the job full time, he'll need to vastly improve here. He's learnt what he shouldn't copy from Ranieri--he now needs to learn what he should.

Subs were still better than the ones CR made this season

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

What are you chatting about? Chat Sheet get banged!    Musa was like for like with vards, slim gives us a stronger (tougher, to hold ip the ball and sliw down play) option up front and can defend headers too and chillwell came in to help sure it up. I felt thr dubs were spot on.  Still unconvinced by Musa though.  

Yeah, I'm saying he's doing incredibly well, but if he improves his subs, they'll be no reason for a replacement come the end of the season. Had I been on the pitch, knackered after Wednesday, and I saw Musa come on, in an effort to protect a lead, I'd be less than ecstatic.

4 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Yeah, I'm saying he's doing incredibly well, but if he improves his subs, they'll be no reason for a replacement come the end of the season. Had I been on the pitch, knackered after Wednesday, and I saw Musa come on, in an effort to protect a lead, I'd be less than ecstatic.

Well hopefully, the next time you're on the pitch, you will remember your last game where the manager made a sub with the aim of protecting the lead.....which was achieved. ;)

To be fair we looked even worse with Musa and Slimani than a completely spent Okazaki and Vardy. They were a massive hinderance. Those two are our only weak links at the minute in terms of confidence and morale. If he can't get them on the same page then fcuk them off.

49 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

I'll reserve my opinion until we are safe.

TBF so far so good but I still think the owners will go big at the end of the season,

Wenger anyone   :whistle:

April 1 Stoke (H)

April 4 Sunderland (H)

April 9 Everton (A)

April 12 At. Mad (A)

April 15 Palace (A)

April 18 At. Mad (H)

One month from today, we could be safe, and in the CL semis, or we could be dragged back into a relegation fight, and humiliated in Europe. Shakey is not going to be able to start the same 11 6 times in 18 days (the team was dead in the 2nd half yesterday after two games which came after time off in Dubai). He is going to have to make some tough decisions.

We will know where Shakey stands after this brural run of games.

Archived