Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Coventry City... Doomed?

"The game of the return to the Ricoh was one of the best atmospheres I've ever witnessed in football"

Defeating Sevilla to progress to the quarter finals of the champions league.

not trying to rub it in or owt but how we are, quite obviously, leagues apart.

On 3/25/2017 at 19:12, SystonFox said:

"The game of the return to the Ricoh was one of the best atmospheres I've ever witnessed in football"

Defeating Sevilla to progress to the quarter finals of the champions league.

not trying to rub it in or owt but how we are, quite obviously, leagues apart.

The sad thing is, returning to Coventry meant just as much to me and every other Coventry fan as it did to you getting to the CL Quarter Finals.. 

There's no way a professional football team will play at Butts. The site just doesn't support big numbers of traffic and people. Great location but at the moment, the car park can barely fit 100 cars on. 

Coventry United, the team set up in protest at SISU, will play there next season. Decent team at the mo but currently in a very tough division. 

4 hours ago, block15ccfc said:

The sad thing is, returning to Coventry meant just as much to me and every other Coventry fan as it did to you getting to the CL Quarter Finals.. 

There's nothing sad about that at all. It's a big moment. I'm sure had it been the other way round we would be doing the same, no doubt. 

Just an example of how far apart the two cities football clubs are and how far we have drifted in a short space of time.

Gotta laugh at my Facebook feed the amount of people posting about going to Wembley today.

I have two issues with it:

•Where have they been for so long.

(Not going because of the owners? Valid point, that leads me to my second point...)

•I thought they were boycotting because of the owners.

I sympathise with them because of their owners but the thing is most of these people on my Facebook feed weren't going long before SISU, the Ricoh or even at all for that matter, poor attendances were happening before the owners started being idiots, the fans really do have a big part to blame.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

It is.

I expect to see a full 32,000 at Coventry's next home game after this....

....no?!

Fans always come out of the woodwork for big games. Happens often when lower league clubs gets drawn with a Premier League club in the cup. Lincoln took 8k to Arsenal and they get less than that for league games. 

I don't think Wembley finals are a great barometer of a club's support really, you get thousands turning up who probably go very infrequently.

What they need to do is use this for next season in League 2, get around 14/15k in the ground each week and try and come back. Robins is a decent manager, they should be able to get a competitive squad together, strong attendances can only help.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Fans always come out of the woodwork for big games. Happens often when lower league clubs gets drawn with a Premier League club in the cup. Lincoln took 8k to Arsenal and they get less than that for league games. 

I remember going down Leicester 91-92 we averaged 15,000 in a stadium that could hold 21,000. We took 40,000 to Wembley. It's easy to mock them over this but really, if we hadn't got straight out of league one, who knows what state we would be in.

Lost 2-0.

They really need to win all their remaining games to have any chance.

If they don't against Peterborough at home on Saturday, reckon there'll be bigger protests over the coming weeks.

Archived