Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Everton

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

for me, even though this line-up would struggle in the Championship, let's see if someone can shine:

Zieler

Wasyl - BEnaloaune - Amartey - Chilwell

Gray - Mendy - Amartey - Musa

Kapustka

Slimani (ulloa at HT)

I like Amartey and would like to see him get a game at centre back. Not sure he's good enough to play midfield at the same time. lol 

10 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

for me, even though this line-up would struggle in the Championship, let's see if someone can shine:

Zieler

Gray - Mendy - King - Musa

Kapustka

Slimani (ulloa at HT)

Struggle in the Championship? I think that team would get promoted from the championship, personally.

35 minutes ago, davieG said:

Walsh Salutes 'Inspirational' Shakespeare

@Everton07 April 2017 08:50

2017/18 Season Tickets

Renew your Season Ticket

Register your interest

Season Ticket prices 

Payment options

Now On Sale

Everton v Leicester City
Sunday 9 April, 4pm
Buy Tickets
Hospitality

Steve Walsh has applauded Craig Shakespeare for turning the tide at Leicester City - but says he’s desperate to stop his old friend equalling a Premier League record this weekend. 

Walsh worked with Shakespeare at Hull City and Leicester for more than eight years before joining Everton last summer, with both playing their part as the Foxes secured a stunning title success last term. 

Shakespeare has won all five of his league games since replacing Claudio Ranieri as Leicester boss in February and also guided the East Midlanders past Sevilla in the last-16 of the Champions League. 

However, only two managers - Carlo Ancelotti and Pep Guardiola - have recorded victories in their first six Premier League games and Walsh is out to stop his former colleague joining esteemed company on Sunday.  

Speaking to The Everton Show, Walsh said: “He’s quite inspirational in his delivery and always was, he’s a very good coach and obviously the players like him and are performing to the best of their ability at the moment. 

“He’s very knowledgeable, I think he tells the players the sensible things to do, he makes it clear, makes it simple and breaks things down into the parts of the jobs he expects them to do. 

“He had an immense part to play in what happened last year, as did we all. We were a good team on the pitch but we were also a good team off it as well and Craig certainly played his part in that, there’s no doubt. 

“It’ll be nice to catch up with him on Sunday but, at the end of the day, the rivalry is there and we want to beat them.” 

Walsh is credited with taking the likes of N’Golo Kante, Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez to the King Power Stadium and, despite the loss of Kante to Chelsea last summer, admits he was surprised by the run of form that led to Ranieri losing his job. 

Leicester head to Goodison having climbed to 11th in the table under Shakespeare, however, and Walsh believes a top-10 finish would represent another successful campaign for the reigning champions. 

“I am quite surprised they didn’t get off to a better start,” he said. “I think it was always going to be difficult because they had an awful lot of other things to think about - Champions League, for instance - so it was always going to be a big ask. But I always thought if they could finish in the top 10 and qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League that would be success. And who’s to say now that they won’t do that?”

Leicester’s renaissance has coincided with forward Vardy rediscovering his best form, the England international having netted six goals in his past seven club games, as well as notching in the Three Lions’ 2-0 World Cup qualifying win over Lithuania.

That run follows just seven goals in his previous 36 outings for club and country,  and Walsh admits he’ll be working on a plan to shackle the man he signed from Fleetwood but first spotted at non-league Stocksbridge Park Steels.

“It’s difficult to stop someone like Jamie but being in a position where you know the opposition you’ve got to plan for that and that’s what we at Everton will be doing,” he added. “We know what to expect and we’re going to try to counteract that and then concentrate on our own game so we get the favourable result that everyone wants.”

Turncoat.....lol

30 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Zieler

Gray - Mendy - King - Musa

Kapustka

Slimani (ulloa at HT)

We'd get slaughtered! 

23 minutes ago, foxer said:

Struggle in the Championship? I think that team would get promoted from the championship, personally.

No way, come on, we'd be so inconsistent and maybe get a couple of big wins but probably a lot of frustrating draws at home and finish mid-table. Mendy and King midfield and Musa loosing possession every time he gets the ball?

Schmeichel

Amartey, Wasilewski, Benalouane, Chilwell

Mahrez, King, Ndidi, Gray

Slimani

Vardy

Ndidi, Mahrez & Vardy all off at half time. Think that teams capable of giving us a lead to protect going into half time.

High press and intensity for the first half, to increase our goal scoring chances and also limit their passes to Lukaku.

Then sit back in the second half, so our lack of pace at CB won't be exposed.

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Fine and points deduction. Not the best idea you ever had lollollol

Really, just out of interest, what are the rules around it? What if a team had a shocker in the previous match and the manager wanted to drop everyone? Not as if we'd be playing a youth team?

9 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Really, just out of interest, what are the rules around it? What if a team had a shocker in the previous match and the manager wanted to drop everyone? Not as if we'd be playing a youth team?

I might be completely wrong but I think you can play anyone who has a squad number without penalty.

I think only if you play a lot of players without squad numbers can it be a penalty unless you have a huge injury crisis, etc.

We could play a complete second XI and still have over £80m worth of signings on the pitch.

8 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

They're professional footballers. Rest some key players but no need to rest everyone. Not like they're playing twice in 48 hours.

Kasper

Simpson

Huth

Benny

Fuchs

Gray

King

Amartey

Albrighton

Slimani

Shinji

I'd want Mahrez instead of Gray, Gray pisses me off with his set pieces and crosses. Also hate the fact that he tries to shoot from improbable angles all the time, I'd much rather have Mahrez and Albrighton supporting Slim. 

Here's a good example of how Albrighton + Mahrez + Slimani are a good combination:

15 minutes ago, brucey said:

Morgan trained with everyone else today

Not available for Sunday and unlikely to make wednesday

not putting a timescale on his return 

mendy out - I expect for the rest of the season

about time he had an operation and came back for preseason  

12 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I might be completely wrong but I think you can play anyone who has a squad number without penalty.

I think only if you play a lot of players without squad numbers can it be a penalty unless you have a huge injury crisis, etc.

We could play a complete second XI and still have over £80m worth of signings on the pitch.

You can't play anyone without a squad number as you have to declare your 25 man squad

as far as I am aware, you can play who you want to from that squad

we have a viable excuse for changing the whole 11 (we won't)

we aren't safe so could hardly be accused of throwing the game intentionally 

22 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

It's a pretty grey area isn't it, the FA would be opening up a big can of worms if they were to fine us for playing our second string. Especially with the likes of Benny, Gray, Slimani, Amartey and Chillwell all have several starts but likely not being in our starting 11.

12 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

It's a pretty grey area isn't it, the FA would be opening up a big can of worms if they were to fine us for playing our second string. Especially with the likes of Benny, Gray, Slimani, Amartey and Chillwell all have several starts but likely not being in our starting 11.

ITS NOT A GREY AREA

rule was changed in 2011

pick anyone in your 25 man squad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14166038

Not really feeling these team suggestions playing a completely second string side tbh. Fair enough a few changes but these players a professionals who should be capable of playing 2 games in the space of 3 days, we need to win as many games as we can during this run of 4 away games.  Atletico are also playing Real Madrid tomorrow so I cant see them giving any of their lads a rest either.

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Not really feeling these team suggestions playing a completely second string side tbh. Fair enough a few changes but these players a professionals who should be capable of playing 2 games in the space of 3 days, we need to win as many games as we can during this run of 4 away games.  Atletico are also playing Real Madrid tomorrow so I cant see them giving any of their lads a rest either.

This

Archived