Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Everton

Guest Danny Clender

Musa has to play now. 

Sorry, but I'm on the 'rest players' side of the fence.

Schmeichel 

Amartey #YB29 Was Chilwell  

Kapustka King Choudhary Gray             

Musa  Ulloa

Utterly Kamikaze and totally paranoid, also I think the FA would probably want an enquiry, but I think we'll see the benefits of it next Wednesday night. 

Palace, we have no choice but to put a full strength team out. 

8 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Musa has to play now. 

Schmeichel 

Musa  Ulloa

Utterly Kamikaze and totally paranoid, also I think the FA would probably want an enquiry, but I think we'll see the benefits of it next Wednesday night. 

The FA can Cough, you have a right to name a 25 man squad and therefore those players should be able to play, if clubs think they are good enough to buy and pay silly wages too, then the FA have to accept we can pick and choose accordingly.

Last year what played in our favour with injuries and ability to field our strongest side was not playing in the cups and Europe - we have that advantage now as we are not competing for the top 4 so can afford to dedicate our strongest cause to the CL opportunity. Let's not waste that advantage by knackering out our first eleven on Sunday. (it's disgusting we even have to play it to be honest- the FA should be bending over backward to support Prem teams in the CL) 

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Most of them have just had two weeks off!!!

Okazaki was flying all over the world, Ndidi was also on international duty, Drinky has been nursing a niggle (and been looking a bit off the last couple of games), and Fuchs is old as my granny. I don't want a complete B-team, but those four looked tired on Tuesday, and have starter-quality replacements in Slimani, Amartey, King, and Chilwell.

I would also bench Mahrez and start Albrighton and Gray, bringing Mahrez on at 70.

If Morgan is fit he has to play in this otherwise no point in starting him at Atletico without a game for a month. 

Albrighton played 30 mins in a week would like him to have 90 and keep up his form

Drinky doesn't look like he's fully recovered from his niggle = rest

Shinji is a robot why change, if he can play 70 quality mins after internationals in Japan he can do it again and keep up good form

Let Vardy score again!

Would play:

Schmeichel 

Simpson YB29 Wes Chilwell

Gray Ndidi/Amartey(45 each) king Albrighton

Shinji (50-60)

Vardy (60) 

45 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Musa has to play now. 

Schmeichel 

Musa  Ulloa

We will lose by 4 or more with that side. 

Schmeichel
Chilwell
Benalouane
Morgan (if fit)
Simpson
Amartey
King
Ndidi

Gray
Slimani
Albrighton

No need to change the whole side, but if we're going to weaken them we should have 3 in the middle. 

On recent performances Drinkwater needs to be rested at very least. 

Guest Danny Clender
59 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

The FA can Cough, you have a right to name a 25 man squad and therefore those players should be able to play, if clubs think they are good enough to buy and pay silly wages too, then the FA have to accept we can pick and choose accordingly.

Good, I wasn't sure if they could challenge our choice or not.

Guest Danny Clender
23 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Yeah, sorry, It's not ideal.

Still, don't think our survival will come down to goal difference. 

36 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

The first team will have no chance if they're not rested for Everton, a two day recovery to play in 25 degrees heat in Madrid would be a disaster.

2 hours ago, brucey said:

Footballers bodies can't store up rest time like that. If they had a year off, they can't then play every day for a month..

Are you kidding me? Tell you what, let's stop all mid-week training and just play games.. Bloody Tennis players round around for 4 hours then play the next day. If they are tired after two weeks off or flying on a flat bed, then we have massive fitness and conditioning issues.. Rest one or two, but throwing a game when we are not safe and fannying around with selection is precisely why CR was fired!

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Schmeichel, Simpson, Huth, Benalouane, Chilwell, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Ndidi, Albrighton, Gray, Slimani. 

Do you believe if we play that side we'll be in optimal condition for Atletico?

Guest Danny Clender
9 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

What does tired look like?

We'd see next wednesday.

We have one of the best sports science teams in the country and a manager that respects and listens to their input.

He will not play any of our key players that are not 100% fit and won't be able to recover in time for the AM game. Hopefully with our sports science team and ice chamber that won't be too many. We can't worry about injuries from horror tackles, these things can happen in training or crossing the road.

We still need points to be safe, and we should not forfeit any game, but players like Chilwell, Amartey, King, Gray, Benalouane, Slimani, Ulloa are all good squad players capable of doing a job for us in the league.

Archived