Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Everton

--------------------Kasper------------------

Simpson-----Benny---Huth-----Chilwell

Gray-----Amartey----King----Albrighton

--------------Slimani---Musa-------------

Switch Albrighton after 50mins for Mahrez and Slimani for Ulloa.

I'd be tempted to get Wasil involved if either Huth or Benny needed a rest too

10 hours ago, sylofox said:

Going to do a Jose now why the fvck are we the late kick off. Lunchtime would have been better for us. Total cvnts Sky planners.

As Jose said, the Prem and FA don't care about English success in Europe. The Everton game would have been re-scheduled for Saturday only if the Champions League game was on Tuesday.

Why couldn't it be re-scheduled for Saturday regardless? Or better, Friday night? If Sunday (away at Everton) to Wednesday (away at Madrid) is seen as enough time to recover, then why not from Tuesday (home against Sunderland) to Friday (away at Everton)? Everton were only away at Manchester United 15 minutes later than our game against Sunderland.

Which players do we need to be 100% fit for Madrid and therefore can't afford to risk playing against Everton ?

probably about 6 or 7 that we simply can't afford to go without ?

im guessing we have had very few players go off injured in the last 12 months so perhaps Shaky will play the odds and go fully loaded to Everton but can't see it myself.

6 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Which players do we need to be 100% fit for Madrid and therefore can't afford to risk playing against Everton ?

probably about 6 or 7 that we simply can't afford to go without ?

im guessing we have had very few players go off injured in the last 12 months so perhaps Shaky will play the odds and go fully loaded to Everton but can't see it myself.

Porto tells us about 11 !

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Now After tonight,   I hope you all see...!!!   

Dont try mucking around with team selection, and resting certain players...

We are far from safe...!!

Seriously ?  There are six teams below us and we are eight points ahead of swansea 

we wont go down - possibly have enough points already 

Their form has been better since the turn of the year but they're still vulnerable at the back, the result's dependent on the side we put out. Full strength I think we win but we'll rest players for Atletico.

26 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Now After tonight,   I hope you all see...!!!   

Dont try mucking around with team selection, and resting certain players...

We are far from safe...!!

It's been a decent night for us.

Whilst I agree we should look over our shoulder but with the table as it is we can afford to play a team against Everton that is picked with Atletico in mind.

We even have the advantage of seeing Saturday's results before making that decision.

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Seriously ?  There are six teams below us and we are eight points ahead of swansea 

Empty Bravado.    Those 6 teams together are all capable of good runs.We know we are capable of bad runs.

At present that 3rd R position, is still too near..

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Empty Bravado.    Those 6 teams together are all capable of good runs.We know we are capable of bad runs.

At present that 3rd R position, is still too near..

Not all of them though. That's the point. Anyway,  it's not empty. It's full of five wins in the bounce which means we have earned the right to rotate for the most important game in our history. 

22 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's been a decent night for us.

Whilst I agree we should look over our shoulder but with the table as it is we can afford to play a team against Everton that is picked with Atletico in mind.

We even have the advantage of seeing Saturday's results before making that decision.

Playing devils advocate

2 losses against Everton and Palace...then 17th spot is a calling.From there......A true scrap.

At the moment I dont see us losing those 2 games, but there I am with my crazy bias cap on my head.

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not all of them though. That's the point. Anyway,  it's not empty. It's full of five wins in the bounce which means we have earned the right to rotate for the most important game in our history. 

Yes all of them tho..!!!  Innit. :D

I have just played silly buggers, with The fixture list of teams from 11-18 (we are 11th)

Even having them lose their games against top 6 opponents, then avg their pts out towards the positive

Even drawing/losing against each other. Without any Major problems they could all  Weigh in , ending with

42-46pts. This coming weekend will not make things that clearer, unless we beat Everton, then I cant see us

Struggling.

I believe we will be anyway ok, finishing between 12th -10th spot.

But safety isnt yet so obvious  as some will have...

It helps with the banter....dunnit..:)

1 hour ago, Tanya said:

Everton are still a good side. If we play the reserves I think they'll win.

I'd take a narrow loss if it means we will be in good shape for Athletico.

Even if we play our first team, Everton are still favourites to win. When we beat Everton in the FA cup, they were missing Gueye.

We've still only got the one PL win away all season at West Ham, which we really should have lost on the balance of the game (even with WH being utter shite).

Not worth the risk of injuries at Everton and jeopardising the Atletico game IMO. If we go full strength at Everton, and then lose the CL tie (which is highly likely) there will forever be the 'what if' question, of whether we could have got through if all our players had been rested and at 100%.

I don't feel our first team can cope with playing at their full powers twice a week even with lighter training/recovery sessions etc. In this 6 game run, we have been good in 4 games and shite in 2 games. Both our shite games were games with only 3 days prior recovery time.

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

Even if we play our first team, Everton are still favourites to win. We've still only got the one PL win away all season at West Ham, which really should have been a loss on the balance of the game. When we beat Everton in the FA cup, they were missing Gueye.

Not worth the risk of injuries and jeopardising the Atletico game IMO. If we go full strength at Everton, and then lose the CL tie (which is highly likely) there will forever be the 'what if' question, of whether we could have got through if all our players had been rested and at 100%.

I think the last 2 wins have given us the opportunity to rest some players and as you said, if we go full strength at Everton, and still lose, which is a real possibility against a good side away, then we could regret it, especially if we pick up any injuries. I don't think we should do a Millwall, where we change the whole team, but I think 4-5 changes would make sense and then look to make subs early too. 

We need 2 wins from 8 in the league to be 99.9% safe, which is very doable. Lets be honest, we are never going to be in the Champions League quarter finals again, and we have a real chance to progress, so lets give ourselves the best possible once in a life-time opportunity and go with well rested and a fully fit best eleven.

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I think the last 2 wins have given us the opportunity to rest some players and as you said, if we go full strength at Everton, and still lose, which is a real possibility against a good side away, then we could regret it, especially if we pick up any injuries. I don't think we should do a Millwall, where we change the whole team, but I think 4-5 changes would make sense and then look to make subs early too. 

We need 2 wins from 8 in the league to be 99.9% safe, which is very doable. Lets be honest, we are never going to be in the Champions League quarter finals again, and we have a real chance to progress, so lets give ourselves the best possible once in a life-time opportunity and go with well rested and a fully fit best eleven.

I'd rather go full reserves, I don't think there's any advantage at all in making 5 changes vs making 10 changes. In both situations, most of the players won't have played with each other regularly and there will be communication breakdowns and zero chance of getting anything out of this game, particularly when the opponent is good, still has something to play for, and has no midweek distractions.

We played more than half our first team against Porto (both strikers + all 4 midfielders + Morgan were first teamers at the time). That really did not go well at all, plus Drinky got injured for weeks after. I'd rather make 11 changes (not sure Kasper alone is enough for a clean sheet so might as well save him too). Everton are physical as they showed in their previous few matches, and any injury to our first XI would not only ruin our already slim CL chances, but also potentially make the relegation situation in the PL worrisome again.

5 minutes ago, brucey said:

I'd rather go full reserves, I don't think there's any advantage at all in making 5 changes vs making 10 changes. In both situations, most of the players won't have played with each other regularly and there will be communication breakdowns and zero chance of getting anything out of this game, particularly when the opponent is good, still has something to play for, and has no midweek distractions.

We played more than half our first team against Porto (both strikers + all 4 midfielders + Morgan were first teamers at the time). That really did not go well at all, plus Drinky got injured for weeks after. I'd rather make 11 changes (not sure Kasper alone is enough for a clean sheet so might as well save him too). Everton are physical as they showed in their previous few matches, and any injury to our first XI would not only ruin our already slim CL chances, but also potentially make the relegation situation in the PL worrisome again.

Totally get your point, but I think as the pundits alluded to on SSN, when players are doing well, they want to be out there playing and won't fancy being dropped, plus if we get a performance like we did when we made 10 changes for Millwall, then we could lose 4 or 5-0, which could really knock the stuffing out of us.

If we rest 5 players, then sub 2 or 3 early on, then that gives us quite a lot of protection I feel, as well as keeping some players sharp and happy that they are involved. 

Atletico play on the Saturday but they have their huge local derby against Real, so they will be full strength and hopefully will be feeling some effects of that come wednesday.

I don't get all this resting nonsense? 

I would rather keep the same team and keep momentum / confidence high. We have a huge fitness team, professional footballers who have one job to be fit and ready and get paid handsomely to do so is playing 2 games in 76 hours really gonna knacker them out?

Im sure if it was up to the players they'd want to play in both anyway. Bloody hell some people run marathons daily, some players play EVERY game without fail (I.e. 35 year old Zlatan). 

I just dont get this resting malarkey, does it really make such a difference? 

1 minute ago, dylanlegend said:

I don't get all this resting nonsense? 

I would rather keep the same team and keep momentum / confidence high. We have a huge fitness team, professional footballers who have one job to be fit and ready and get paid handsomely to do so is playing 2 games in 76 hours really gonna knacker them out?

Im sure if it was up to the players they'd want to play in both anyway. Bloody hell some people run marathons daily, some players play EVERY game without fail (I.e. 35 year old Zlatan). 

I just dont get this resting malarkey, does it really make such a difference? 

I think we saw evidence of it against West Ham in the second half, where our players looked absolutely knackered and we were lucky to hold on. 

We also play a very specific way, and that is a high tempo press, which takes a lot out of the players, and I think you could see Okazaki struggling against Sunderland, due to tiredness.

I do agree that players these days are extremely fit though and will be keen to play every game, especially when we are on this run and momentum is huge in football! 

That's why I think taking a balanced approach would be best, i.e rest some, but try to still keep us competitive and give us a decent chance to keep the momentum going with another good performance. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

We do have 4 away games on the trot!

Things may look rosey right now but our away form has been utterly atrocious and that does worry me. We have Everton, Palace, Arsenal and West Brom next and that is tough!!

Our form and play have greatly improved but we are far from safe and especially with our away form I'm not getting carried away just yet 

2 minutes ago, CKB said:

We do have 4 away games on the trot!

Things may look rosey right now but our away form has been utterly atrocious and that does worry me. We have Everton, Palace, Arsenal and West Brom next and that is tough!!

Our form and play have greatly improved but we are far from safe and especially with our away form I'm not getting carried away just yet 

We need 2 wins out of 8. Swansea aren't going to win 5 of their last 7 matches. 42 points will be enough

1 hour ago, FireFox said:

Fuchs was/is in New York today with his soccer academy. With Everton (away) 4 days away, don't think he'd have made that trip if he was going to start.

according to twitter, he's doing some work with soccer AM in Manchester tomorrow. He couldn't have been in New York for very long :blink:. Wonder if he does this kind of trip regularly?

1 hour ago, FireFox said:

Fuchs was/is in New York today with his soccer academy. With Everton (away) 4 days away, don't think he'd have made that trip if he was going to start.

15 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

according to twitter, he's doing some work with soccer AM in Manchester tomorrow. He couldn't have been in New York for very long :blink:. Wonder if he does this kind of trip regularly?

He's holding camps in the UK now. He was in Bracknell on Wednesday. He's not in NY.

feck the premier league and their rules they dont care about us being the only team in europe , i bet if it was united or citeh their game would have been moved to saturday lunch .. 

play this team 

-----------------------------------------------zieler----------------------------------------

amertey------------------waslowski----------------benny----------------chilwell

----------------------mendy--------------------------king--------------------------------

--------muskwe-------------------slimani---------------------gray--------------------

--------------------------------------musa----------------------------------------------------

Archived