Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Everton

1 minute ago, Mint23 said:

So what do we do, stay with a strong team and keep the momentum going or rest players and forfeit the game ?

Forfeit.

We've got easier points available than this.

Just now, Redouane said:

Don't see it as a forfeit, see it as an opportunity to try out some of the reserve players 

Great way to put it. I'd probably put half the first team in and balance that with the other half being our squad players. So give Zieler, Musa, Grey, Slimani, Chillwell, Ulloa even starts. But keep maybe Ndidi, Huth, Benny, Simpson, etc.

I don't care about this result now because I want us to have a go against Atletico. Even if lose both those games and lose heavily against Atletico I still want us to have a go! We may never be involved in the Champions League again so if we are to go out, let's go out fighting.

Not rated Ashley Williams for a couple of seasons now but at least it will mean they have a reshuffle.

I'd start with Gray again, with perhaps Albrighton sharing a half each with Mahrez.

Slimani for Okazaki too. Would be tempted to rest couple more but we need to keep this momentum going too

I think we've got to rest players. We've put ourselves in a great position in the league now. Top half! Who could have seen that coming before CR was sacked?

We'll have much better opportunities to win points than Everton away. We could be safe already, and there'll still be another 7 games to pick up the few we might need.

Got to focus on giving ourselves the best chance to progress in the the CL. Give the fringe players a chance to make a case for picking them.

I get the momentum argument, but I think the momentum will still be with the first team players if they're not involved in this and we lose. I think the argument for rotating outweighs the argument against, anyway.

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

Anyone who says play a weakened side and then makes out it's not a forfeit is kidding themselves.

Pathetic attitude. They don't need a rest, they never have done.

You've seen some of the horror tackles Barkley is putting in. This place would go into meltdown if Mahrez is on the receiving end of one that ends his season...

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Anyone who says play a weakened side and then makes out it's not a forfeit is kidding themselves.

Pathetic attitude. They don't need a rest, they never have done.

Some of them looked jaded tonight. 

It would be bonkers for us to run our first team into the ground the day after Atletico have played.

We need to be at nothing less than 100% Wednesday, we are safe now. 

Throw the game. Full reserves. The half first team half reserves thing doesn't work as we saw at Porto, it won't avoid a heavy loss, just makes the loss more embarrassing, and also risks injuring crucial players (see Drinky vs Porto). 

I don't want to play a particularly weaker team really. I want to win it.

Could Ndidi play 45 minutes, and Albrighton too? Wes surely needs 45 minutes?

Is there a sensible point in Slimani and Ulloa up front and not Slimani and Musa?

I wish Mendy wasn't injured.

Archived