Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Everton

Some of these teams people are spouting out are extremely weak and just won't happen.

U23's being mentioned away at Everton in the PL...Nah.

I Can see a couple of changes but nothing drastic. My guess is something like..

Kasper

Simpson    Huth   Benny    Chilwell

Musa      Ndidi    King     Gray

Okazaki    Slimani

Personally i would rest kasper incase he picks up any sort of injury. He's our biggest hope of getting through athletico.

44 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

So for Everton I'd go:

Zieler

Amartey Was Benny Chilwell

Gray King Drinky (Ndidi at HT) Musa

Kapi

Slim

Maybe swap Kapi and Musa's positions.

Then for Atletico, the standard with Morgan if fit and Albrighton starting.

Why on earth would Kasper need to be rested?

Don't see the need for wholesale changes - think it would be unwise as: 

1) Everton away is very winnable game as we've proved last season and in the FA Cup and we aren't quite safe yet

2) The main positive is momentum, so resting to many players will impact and

3) We've coped well enough in Europe so far. Atletico also played last night and go to Real Madrid on Saturday so won't rotate too much.

Schmeichel

Simpson   Benalouane    Huth   Chilwell

Gray    King  Amartey  Musa

Okazaki  Slimani 

Don't want to disrupt our flow or momentum to much so for me just a few changes. I'd line up something like:

Schmeichel 

Simpson

Huth/morgan (If fit)

Benalouane

Chilwell

Albrighton

Ndidi

King

Gray

Slimani

Vardy

Then bring the likes of Vards, Albrighton and Ndidi off as and when.

Keeper (see benefits of playing either)

Simpson 

wes

benney

Chilwell

Albrighton

Amartey

King

Gray

Slimani

Musa

Ulloa to get some time, ideally replacing a winger so Musa can move there. 

Defintely a game id rest players for. Mid week is too important to risk injury or loss of real momentum. 

No need to drop Schmeichel and play Zieler.

Schmeichel

Amartey YB Huth Chilwell

Mahrez  King  Ndidi  Gray

Slimani  Musa

Half each for Mahrez and Albrighton, and possibly for Ndidi and Drinkwater

Not overly sure on Musa. Maybe Vardy starts and comes off at 60

For all those saying it will stop our momentum then would that be the case if the match versus Everton was cancelled?

If Shaky didn't even make the starting XI versus Atletico travel to Everton I would fully support that. I have no idea what the team will be against Everton but whatever it is I hope it's selected with one eye on Madrid and gives us the best possible chance of a good result in the CL.

I would lean towards resting most. If you change enough of the team, you shouldnt really risk momentum, since a negative result would not be "on" the true starting XI.

Definitely the high energy players, high value players, and those with a knock or poor form should be off. For me that means rest for Vardy, Shinji, Drinky, Ndidi, Mahrez, and Albrighton. Play deep and put Musa and Gray in to give us a punchers chance on the counter.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

There is no way Kaps is playing vs. Everton. He didn't make it to a single team sheet since Shakes took over.

It's more likely that you'll see King get his chance by playing in the hole. 

Amartey should to be out there too. He literally left for AFCON and lost his starting spot. Ndidi is much better but it must still suck to lose your spot. 

Fuchs and Mahrez need to be rested. Filipe Luis is having the form of his life for Atletico and Mahrez needs to be fresh in order to track his runs for 90. Fuchs has been playing out of his mind but Chilwell needs some game time. I expect Benny to come in as an important defensive sub in the CL. 

I'd argue Ulloa should be out there too but I think it would be best for him to make an appearance in front of the home crowd. 

Simpson - Benlouane - Huth - Chilwell

Gray - King - Amartey - Albrighton

Musa - Slimani

I'd take Albrighton and Slimani out after 60. Sub in Fuchs (moves Chillwell to LW) and Ulloa. The team should be fresh for Atletico. 

Sorry to pee on the parade but Chilwell against Lukaku one on one isolated on their right -sorry no we cannot see that he will likely get slaughtered .Now Was Id pay for a ticket to see that and he might just slow Barclay down a bit as well .

Seriously I doubt Chilly could handle Lukaku  need someone a bit bigger and streetwise.please

7 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Sorry to pee on the parade but Chilwell against Lukaku one on one isolated on their right -sorry no we cannot see that he will likely get slaughtered .Now Was Id pay for a ticket to see that and he might just slow Barclay down a bit as well .

Seriously I doubt Chilly could handle Lukaku  need someone a bit bigger and streetwise.please

Chilwell got motm in our home game vs Everton? 

Everton are a big club, yes, but it does feel as if they deserve the 'big club' recognition for no particular reason despite their fairly large fanbase because they rarely win any trophies.

They're in the same spot as Stoke and Derby imo, big supportive followings but never achieved anything special for years but want to be known as one of the big boys in football.

-

Regarding us, put Musa on (he'll be confident having scored there in the FA Cup) as well as King. But rest Morgan, as it's not an important natch due to the very big gap away from the bottom-three. Also give Zieler another chance - if he's crap, Schmeichel will be peed off watching from the subs bench and will use that to motivate him to show what he's made of against Athletico Madrid.

43 minutes ago, boobagab said:

Simpson - Benlouane - Huth - Chilwell

Gray - King - Amartey - Albrighton

Musa - Slimani

I'd take Albrighton and Slimani out after 60. Sub in Fuchs (moves Chillwell to LW) and Ulloa. The team should be fresh for Atletico. 

Risky with no keeper but would mean we could rest Kasper and Zieler 

How about Filbert in goal.

Back Four Whelan,Rudkin,The tea lady and the big strong lass in the shop.

Birch and Top in midfield(Birch to play centrally to avoid moving about)

Up front Stringer,the lad who plays the post horn,the big steward fella who stands by the tunnel and the miserable looking chap who sits in the car park booth all day.

3 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

Why on earth would Kasper need to be rested?

To protect him from injury considering he's had two spells out already this season. He'll be crucial in both legs. If we do go happen to get past Atletico, Kasper will have played a hugely important part.

Archived